memory foam matresses

Options

Comments

• Tim_Deegan
    Options
    typhoon wrote: »
    thank you so much for researching that for me Tim. Can you recommend a good brand?

I'm afraid that as I sell beds it means that I'm not allowed to recommend brands in the forums, as it could be viewed as advertising. However there is a good thread here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1026667&highlight=mattress
  • KwanTei
    Options
    Hi Tim,
    Keep looking information from this thread:http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1026667&page=36, knowing that dual sided memory foam+pocket sprung will be most suitable for me. However, as we live in N.I., it's very hard to find any dual sided memory foam+pocket sprung mattress in local retailer.Although we can find it on-line, no company deliver to N.I. Do you think that the single sided(no turn) one will be the only choice?:cry:
    All we had tried and we like so far in the local retailer are
    1.Healthopaedic Supreme Vasco 1500 (Healthopaedic) £560:eek:
    2.Cumfilux Indulgence 1200 Deluxe Mattress£520:eek:
    My back is hurting now and later maybe my pocket.............
    I know you can't recomment any brand or particular mattress......but I really not good on searching on-line, do you know any other manufacture besides La Romantica and Apollo do daul sided memory foam+pocket sprung mattress?
    :embarasse I only discover Apollo today after 2 weeks searching....
    Thanks a million
  • Tim_Deegan
    Tim_Deegan Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    Options
    KwanTei wrote: »
    Hi Tim,
    Keep looking information from this thread:http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1026667&page=36, knowing that dual sided memory foam+pocket sprung will be most suitable for me. However, as we live in N.I., it's very hard to find any dual sided memory foam+pocket sprung mattress in local retailer.Although we can find it on-line, no company deliver to N.I. Do you think that the single sided(no turn) one will be the only choice?:cry:
    I know you can't recomment any brand or particular mattress......but I really not good on searching on-line, do you know any other manufacture besides La Romantica and Apollo do daul sided memory foam+pocket sprung mattress?
    Thanks a million

Personally I would go for a two sided pocket sprung only rather than a non turn pocket sprung/memory foam.

As for Apollo, I wouldn't recommend them any more since they started messing us about and lowering the spec of their mattresses.
  • eco
    eco Posts: 1,147 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, i work for a bed manufacturer, they make memory foam mattress' and to be honest most of us who work there don't rate them, foam doesn't last like a traditional spring matt, whats wrong with a foam topper?
  • Tim_Deegan
    Tim_Deegan Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    Options
    eco wrote: »
    Hi, i work for a bed manufacturer, they make memory foam mattress' and to be honest most of us who work there don't rate them, foam doesn't last like a traditional spring matt, whats wrong with a foam topper?

I would be interested to know who you work for then, because good quality memory foam does last.

It appears from what you say that the manufacturer you work for doesn't make sprung/memory foam mattresses then?
  • typhoon
    Options
    Hi Tim,
    Thanks a million

KwanTei, I emailed La Romantica today asking if they have any stockists in NI, and if not, can they quote to ship over here. It appears that double sided memory foam and pocket sprung may be difficult to source over here. I will post here if/when they reply.
  • KwanTei
    Options
    KwanTei, I emailed La Romantica today asking if they have any stockists in NI, and if not, can they quote to ship over here. It appears that double sided memory foam and pocket sprung may be difficult to source over here. I will post here if/when they reply.

I had phoned them few days ago, they don't have stock here. But I haven't ask about shipping over here, I don't think they will. Also, shipping over here may costs a lot! Anyway, waiting for your post.
  • Tim_Deegan
    Options
    I had phoned them few days ago, they don't have stock here. But I haven't ask about shipping over here, I don't think they will. Also, shipping over here may costs a lot! Anyway, waiting for your post.

Your best bet might be to go on one of the back load sites, and try and find a van going from the Halifax area, to your area.
  • typhoon
    Options
    Tim_Deegan wrote: »
    Your best bet might be to go on one of the back load sites, and try and find a van going from the Halifax area, to your area.
    Tim, thanks for your reply. Sorry for being thick but what do you mean by a back load site?
  • Tim_Deegan
    Options
    Tim, thanks for your reply. Sorry for being thick but what do you mean by a back load site?

There are some web sites that couriers use to advertise if they have space on their van. One of them is called www.freight2mail.com but you have to pay for that one.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure