• Tim_Deegan
    Tim_Deegan Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    Options
    radhadee wrote: »
    TIM IF YOU CAN READ MY THREAD PLEASE ADVISE

OR ANYONE ELSE IF YOU HAVE HAD THESE TWO ITEMS

290287579901 or 200292778757
    on ebay

i have only the budget for one sided mattress with memory foam.
    i am at a loss as to which is better, both have great reviews and feedback
    i have also emailed the buyers and have had good reviews on both.
    which would you recommend. i know its not a madrid, but i cant afford that much. please answer asap as need to make decision. too long have i pondered and read and re read threads on here.
    you seem to have good knowledge tim, so thanks in advance.
    dee

The second one appears to be the better out of the two as in the picture it looks like it contains proper full size pocket springs (as long as it is the one in the photo).

If I were you I would insist that the seller tells you who the manufacturer is.
    Also the density and depth of the memory foam.
  • radhadee
    radhadee Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    TIM
    many many thanks for reply.
    the second one is made by silentsleep beds it has 7cm memory foam and pocket sprung and is almost 11 inch deep.
    the first one is a slumberland and has 50 mm memory foam 65 density.
    first one is 1180 barrel springs, second is 1200 pocket sprung.
    i did like look of 2nd one but am just concerned that the tufted indentations look very deep set, and wonder if this makes a difference when you lay on it whereas the first one looks more flatter to look at.
    need to get this sorted out soon ha ha i have never worked so hard at getting a mattress. the people i emailed who own both mattresses are both singing their praises. your comments please ?
  • radhadee
    Options
    TIM
    oh forgot to add that both mattresses i have looked at are 11 inch deep
    so i presume both have full size pocket springs ?
  • Tim_Deegan
    Options
    TIM
    many many thanks for reply.
    the second one is made by silentsleep beds it has 7cm memory foam and pocket sprung and is almost 11 inch deep.
    the first one is a slumberland and has 50 mm memory foam 65 density.
    first one is 1180 barrel springs, second is 1200 pocket sprung.
    i did like look of 2nd one but am just concerned that the tufted indentations look very deep set, and wonder if this makes a difference when you lay on it whereas the first one looks more flatter to look at.
    need to get this sorted out soon ha ha i have never worked so hard at getting a mattress. the people i emailed who own both mattresses are both singing their praises. your comments please ?

The first one is a reflex foam encapsulated pocket spring type mattress. This type of mattress contain much smaller pocket spring, that you don't really get much benefit from. They are more or less reflex foam/memory foam mattresses with small pocket springs added so that they can say that it contains them. However the depth and density of the memory foam are ok.

The first time I have ever heard about Silent Sleep was a couple of days ago in the 'which mattress' thread when someone wrote in huge letters 'don't use silentsleep'. However it does look like it contains proper full size pocket springs unlike the Sumberland one. The memory foam is a little deep, and you didn't mention the density (this is very important).
  • radhadee
    Options
    hi tim

i have checked with silent sleep its vasco 60 if that means much ? price 280
  • Tim_Deegan
    Options
    hi tim

i have checked with silent sleep its vasco 60 if that means much ? price 280

V60 is fine.
  • raymond
    raymond Posts: 465 Forumite
    Options
    For anyone who is interested, I found a couple of places in Belfast that sell King Koil mattresses, and fairly reasonable prices too ... Riteprice Shore Road and Furniture Direct Falls Road they have the same mattress used in many 5* hotels including the Culloden for £550ish.

I slept on one In Bray and thought it was great and just ordered one after spending months trying to get one at a decent price.

Balmoral on Montgomery road do the Kaymed brand but a little bit more expensive.

King Koil are from the USA and Kaymed in Ireland make them under licence according to the sales office in the US.
  • seatzie
    seatzie Posts: 761 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    haven't read the full thread, but Starplan do great memory foam mattresses I bought one a couple of years ago and have had no bother with my aching back since getting it, we even went back and bought one for our son when he moved from his cot bed into a big boy bed............but it maybe works too well with him because he wakes up at 6am every day bursting with energy lol!!
    Norn Iron Club Member #64

Wikkity Wikkity Wikkity Lets go racing!
  • Tim_Deegan
    Options
    raymond wrote: »
    For anyone who is interested, I found a couple of places in Belfast that sell King Koil mattresses, and fairly reasonable prices too ... Riteprice Shore Road and Furniture Direct Falls Road they have the same mattress used in many 5* hotels including the Culloden for £550ish.

I slept on one In Bray and thought it was great and just ordered one after spending months trying to get one at a decent price.

Balmoral on Montgomery road do the Kaymed brand but a little bit more expensive.

King Koil are from the USA and Kaymed in Ireland make them under licence according to the sales office in the US.

You may find that the Kaymed stockists will also supply King Coil if you ask them.
  • raymond
    raymond Posts: 465 Forumite
    Options
    Most of the King Koil models are available under the Kaymed brand, only the label is dfferent.

I meant the shop is a little bit more expensive ... not because its a Kaymed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure