memory foam matresses

Options

Comments

• Tim_Deegan
    Tim_Deegan Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    Options
    victor999 wrote: »
    i really dont agree ..... i dont want to turn a mattess .... so if a manufacturer put the memory foam on both sides this is a total waste. My last pocket sprung mattress cost only slightly less than the more recent memory foam on pocket springs. From my experience to date they will both last the same length of time. If you buy a good quality pocket sprung mattress with memory foam it will last the same length of time as a pocket sprung.

Out of interest how long do you expect a mattress to last?

A pocket sprung mattress with memory foam on one side only would be expected to last on average 5 years depending on how often you rotate it. If you don't rotate it at all then you would be lucky if it lasts a year.

A pocket sprung mattress with memory foam on both sides should give at least double the life simply because you can alternate between turning it over, and rotating it lengthways.

It's not a case of if you want to turn it or not, it's a case of you must turn it. Even non turn mattresses MUST be rotated lengthways.

I'm not making this up, I am in the bed trade. I won't benefit in any way from telling you this either because I don't even sell to Northern Ireland.
  • Tim_Deegan
    Options
    don_ky01 wrote: »
    I know this should be on grab it now but it falls within this thread and i bought a memory foam topper a while back from these people and i am very happy
    240x240_800104.jpgView large photo

Silentnight - Miratex Memory Foam Mattress

by Silentnight
    RRP £529.99. You save £330.00
    Options: Mattress Size Double King Single

Availability: In stock
    Product code: 800104
    Delivery Information

Description

Absorbs movement from both you and your partner providing no roll together.
    High density miratex foam provides no roll off.
    Unique design posturisation provides extra support where you need it most.
    Real mattress for comfort and support.
    Responds to body heat and moulds to body contours for the ultimate comfort.
    Reduces pressure on joints relieving minor aches and pains.
    Touch soft quilted knit cover for extra comfort and luxury.
    Hypo allergenic and dust mite resistant.
    Miratex Memory 300. Mattress depth - 20cm inluding a 3cm layer of memory foam
    5 Year manufacturers guarantee.
    Please note, this item comes rolled and boxed. Once this is opened it cannot be re rolled and therefore we can not accept returns on this item once opened.

You really should do a search on that brand in the threads!!!
  • arkonite_babe
    arkonite_babe Posts: 7,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Tim_Deegan wrote: »
    You really should do a search on that brand in the threads!!!

Tim would you care to explain why?????

regards

arkonite_babe
  • Tim_Deegan
    Options

regards

arkonite_babe

If you do the search you will see why
  • Izzy.
    Izzy. Posts: 144 Forumite
    Options

regards

arkonite_babe

Because he doesn't sell them and has trashed them in so many posts that people believe him. :rolleyes: I have a silent night. It was good vfm and Ive had many comfortable nights. ;)
  • Tim_Deegan
    Options
    Izzy. wrote: »
    Because he doesn't sell them and has trashed them in so many posts that people believe him. :rolleyes: I have a silent night. It was good vfm and Ive had many comfortable nights. ;)

No you couldn't be more wrong. I could sell them if I wanted to, but I wouldn't sell them. Do a search in the forums and you will see that loads of other people agree with me.

As this is the N. Ireland forum, and I don't sell there anyway, then how would it benefit me to give this advice?
  • TiTheRev
    TiTheRev Posts: 3,215 Forumite
    Options
    Izzy. wrote: »

See here.
    :A Luke 6:38 :A
    The above post is either from personal experience or is my opinion based on the person God has made me and the way I understand things. Please don't be offended if that opinion differs from yours, but feel free to click the 'Thanks' button if it's at all helpful!
  • hilljud
    Options
    fredy34 wrote: »
    Ive a bad back (degenerative discs) and my current bed is driving me nuts. Ive heard that memory foam is the way to go has anyone got any ideas who sells them at good prices near Belfast?
    Don’t really want to order from the Internet.

Thanks

F

ps any experience of memory foam mattresses or toppers?

Go online to matressman. They have memory foam mattresses in kingsize for £98. :TThey are slight seconds and they say this is because they are not as dense as they should be. They recommend them if you are no more than 10stone. We brought one for our bunk beds and cut it in half - perfect for the kids and worked out much cheaper than anything else on the market. The customer service is excellent too.
  • sleepymy
    sleepymy Posts: 6,097 Forumite
    Options
    I agree with Tim, We have a silent night miricoil (sp), it cost us £400, within a year it had bowed in the middle... we bought a memory foam mattress topper last year to limp it along for a while but am going to have to change it soon as my back is killing me. I would never buy silent night again (and I don't sell mattresses neither ;)).
    The stupid things you do, you regret... if you have any sense, and if you don't regret them, maybe you're stupid. - Katharine Hepburn
  • MrsE_2
    MrsE_2 Posts: 24,162 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sleepymy wrote: »
    I agree with Tim, We have a silent night miricoil (sp), it cost us £400, within a year it had bowed in the middle... we bought a memory foam mattress topper last year to limp it along for a while but am going to have to change it soon as my back is killing me. I would never buy silent night again (and I don't sell mattresses neither ;)).

I had one to Sleepymy, in my DDs bedroom, was rubbish, the worst bed ever, needed replacing within two years.

My superdupa one is fab, you should buy it, I love it:smileyhea :smileyhea :smileyhea

Before this one I had a Sealy & that was OK, far better than the Silentnight, but not a patch on the new one;)

Happy new year, are you having a quite one;) or going to be drunk & disorderly:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure