NST A Gentle Jog Through July

Options

Comments

• Deni_debt-free_dreamer
    Options

Himself took her bike home for her.
    Himself has been saying to me that we seem to be the first port of call for children around here when anything happens or they need help.

Well done to you both; that's really kind of you :A

Had a busy day at work then went to watch a dance show. My 'little girl' DD1 is in an Adult Tap Group and they perform with the rest of the dance school who are a good few years younger! Actually DD1 is probably about 25 years younger than the rest of her tap group! Was good fun but rather a long show especially when I hadn't managed to have my tea first!

LS day - ordered eggs from local farm and bought some bread and cereal from Mr C.

Gratitudes - good tap performance by DD1; free do-nuts given by DD1's BFF; nice phone chat with DD2

Deni x
    LBM - October 2018; finally debt free on 16 March 2021
    2023 Mortgage Free Wannabee #92023 Mortgage free in March 23 !
    Decluttering Campaign member 2023🏅🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    Decluttering Campaign Member 2024 🏅🏅
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Love yourself, accept yourself, forgive yourself and be good to yourself because without you the rest of us are without a source of many wonderful things.

I've always liked quiet people: you never know if they're dancing in a daydream ar carrying the weight of the world.
    John Green

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we should dance.

May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
    Morticia Addams

I have absolutely no desire to fit in
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning.

Placed another order for DIY things last night, we have the money set aside for these items so it's not a problem. Looked at DS's school blazer yesterday and there is no way it is going to fit him next year so we need to replace that - £60:eek:, I'm going to go generous on the size so it fits for a long time, he has had two school years out of the current one but I was hoping for a third but he seemed to grow overnight a while back.

Grocery shop is being delivered this afternoon but I need to call at the greengrocers for apples, oranges and tomatoes, all of which I can buy without packaging.

An order I placed last week arrived yesterday. I have bought a coffee grinder, I love coffee and since I started drinking it black I have loved it even more. I can buy beans locally without packaging so I will be doing away with one bag per week. I did quite a bit of research and plumped for a hand grinder in stainless steel with ceramic burrs, I have used it a couple of times and it is great so far and the company sell replacement parts for it too.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,721 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Your coffee grinder sounds like a work of art, Dolly!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It does, it sounds wonderful!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Options
    Gosh I am tired.
    I've finally, definitely finished this season of marking - no more left to do and nothing much to worry about - just waiting for the cash.
    However, I've stopped being constantly on the go and now realise I'm just shattered. Absolutely shattered. I can barely keep my eyes open at school, then can't be bothered with anything at home. Better start being bothered because I go on holiday in a couple of days and we still haven't quite finished the packing.
    But I am making a start on stuff. I picked up my crochet for the first time in weeks (Christmas is closer than we think you know), am finally catching up on here, did a fridge and cupboard audit (genuinely shouldn't need to shop for myself for weeks) and have started decluttering stuff that has built up round the house. Need to get the frog list back out and do stuff on there...
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 17 July 2019 at 3:27PM
    Options
    I picked up my crochet for the first time in weeks (Christmas is closer than we think you know)

Oi!! CCL! Naughty sun-lounger. Now! and take the F50 with you:rotfl:

Mothernerd!! mothernerd!!! CCL said the C word.

Now I feel bad and can't stop humming beat me with a stick of holly, falalala, la la la la! Although I must admit the weather outside is frightening. So much to do, so little time. Wonder how many days left until C. See, it wasn't me this year, but I will just leave this here.......

:xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree:

Too soon?
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    NSD No 13

Been raining here, quite heavily at times so everything has been nice and quiet.

Tidied a couple of more kitchen cupboards. All the glasses are now in the same place and the kitchen is looking remarkably orderly.

Dinner is in the slow cooker. Still using up what we have.

Christmas!!!! Like the trees,though. I love Christmas trees. I wish our house was bigger so I could have more than one. But as it's only July I will say no more.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,721 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    f0xh0les wrote: »

:xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree:

Too soon?

Never too soon... :D

The answer's 161 according to Mr Goooogle...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Options
    I was just having a minor flap about how many gifts I need to make and how few hours there are to do it in. :p
    However I will very soon be on that sun lounger, complete with factor 50, sunglasses and a very floppy hat.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure