Munchin's moseying out of debt diary....again

Comments

• Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Morning

Money front - yesterday was a bit spendy but nothing extravagant. Went to my dentist for a check up and I was given the all clear. One of my teeth is playing up but I'm thinking it's because I've started to clench my teeth when I sleep (did it before). I will wait and see if it passes. I popped into the £1 shop and picked up a few needed bits. I also went to the opticians as my glasses really needed tightened which thankfully didn't cost me anything.

Spending is going really well this month - I always think I have lots of money and then when it gets past the 10th of the month I realise there is a lot more month at the end of the money. Still no word on when we are getting our pay rise which should have been in August past.

Health - I weighed myself this morning and I stayed the same :(. So much effort goes into losing each pound and I wish it was just as easy to come off as it is to go on. I tried on my 'ultimate' jeans - basically they are the ones that fitted me about 3 years ago and once I fit back into them then that's the dieting done. Well it's an improvement - they now go over the hips but there is a canyon between the zipper - I will get there :o.

Not many plans this weekend but I may as well hibernate as the next 2 weekends are busy.

• Will you get any backdated pay for your payrise being so delayed, Munchin? xx
  • Munchin
    Hi SSDD23,

Yes at the moment they owe us 10 months which after tax is about £800 odd pound which I'm hoping to put towards debts and will cover my holiday spends in August. The Union are balloting for strike action but usually what happens is the civil service force it through anyway. I'm not relying on it for my holiday but it would be nice. I wish they would just get on with it.
  • That'll be a nice little sum for you then! Annoying that you're having to wait for it but it'll be a chunk from your debts :)
  • Munchin
    edited 13 June 2019 at 10:04AM
    Morning,

Yesterday pup and I ventured out for a run in the forest. We haven't been out together since he had his op and all was good. I felt full of energy afterwards and had a clear out on my shoes (never throw shoes out but I haven't worn some of them for years or wear them to death). I then tidied papers and then the house.

Today we are heading to mass and catching up with family. So it will be a nice quiet day. Then the chaos of the week begins.

Money front - no spends yesterday and hopefully none today:). I've read Dave Ramsey's principles and will try to follow them but omit the steps on save for kids and house -

• Save £1,000 for your starter emergency fund - @ 08 June - £200
    • Pay all my debt (aim July 20)
    • Save 3-6 months expenses - yikes - aim £6,000
    • Invest 15% of household income for retirement
    • Build wealth and give
    • Replacement/Fix things fund - aim £15,000

I also need to save for a replacement car and rewiring house so that' 'Replacement/Fix things fund'. I know that all the above are achievable and once I have paid of my debts I will have £450 a month towards these targets.

• Munchin
    edited 13 June 2019 at 10:04AM
    June budget

Groceries - [STRIKE]£100/[/STRIKE]£46.88 spent
    Dining out/fun - [STRIKE]£80[/STRIKE]/£20.07 spent
    Everything else - [STRIKE]£164[/STRIKE]/£92.57 spent
    Diesel - [STRIKE]£160[/STRIKE]/£75 spent

Weekly spends - w/c 09 June

Sun - NSD
    Mon - £40 diesel, £38 groceries, £10 gift & £11.99 Amazon (ipad cover)
    Tues - NSD
    Wed - NSD
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat -

Total -
  • Munchin
    Morning,

I have partly paid for my dream holiday in November :) out of my savings :D. I booked 2 sets of flights this week - Home to London and then onwards to Sri Lanka and then back again. I have an extra expense as I fly in late to London on way back and there are no flights home until the next day so I will book a travel lodge or equivalent that night. I still have to cover accommodation costs and spending when I'm out there. The flights were cheaper than previously priced (due to the unfortunate Sri Lanka events).

I honestly don't think I need to buy much for my holiday in Spain or Sri Lanka (don't usually have 2 holidays) but relatives own the hotel so it will be cheaper.

My spends have been good this month....so far. The only spend that I didn't really have to make was a new Ipad cover - the old one is falling to bits and I could have waited but the impulse got me. It was still a necessity but maybe not right now :o.

I am babysitting family tonight and should be earning some brownie points :).

This weekend I have a volunteer thing on Saturday which will take up most of my day and then Sunday will be just a pottering catch up day. I can't believe how quickly this week is skipping by.
  • Munchin
    Morning all,

Busy weekend but it was good and very little on the spendy front. I went to a volunteer conference thing on Saturday and once you take in the driving it was nearly an all day event. The speakers were so interesting and the lunch was just delicious. I was shattered once I got home. Sunday pup & I went for walk and then I weeded my dad's grave, had a mass clear out of the wardrobe and found £25 in an old handbag :D. Had dinner with Mum, sis and her family.

I had to buy diesel at the weekend but I can claim it back and apart from that I only spent money on groceries. I think avoiding the shops is the way forward.

June budget

Groceries - £[STRIKE]100[/STRIKE]/£35.53 left
    Dining out/fun - £[STRIKE]80[/STRIKE]/£49.93 left
    Everything else - £[STRIKE]164[/STRIKE]/£2.66 (I am owed £53 from expenses at a volunteer event so should get this at the end of the month)
    Diesel - £[STRIKE]160[/STRIKE]/£45 left (due about £30 back in expenses).

Usually at this time of the month I have more month left than money but to be honest I think I'm in a good position. This weekend I'm away and those spends are covered. I don't think I will need more than 1 tank of diesel to take me to the end of the month. Fingers crossed if I stay squeaky on the budget it will make a refreshing change to have money left.

• Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Nice one on finding the £25, that's a great surprise I bet!
  • Munchin
    Hi Lilith - I couldn’t believe it :)

I’m awake early because I’m going to Scotland with sister. Only for 1 night but we are visiting family and going to a concert. Everything was paid for months ago and I have £100 saved for lunch/dinner & train tickets. I just need to pack my overnight bag - I have a habit of taking more than I need.

Money front - starting to move into squeaky week. I’m only in work 3 days next week so that should save on diesel and lunches.

Health front - had a wobbly week and didn’t stick to calories. I’m just accepting it and will get back on plan after the weekend. I have an appointment with a dietician on 1st July to see about better diet and more energy.

Plans for the week ahead include running 3 times, volunteer thing & work.

June budget

Groceries - £[STRIKE]100[/STRIKE]/£12.24 left
    Dining out/fun - £[STRIKE]80[/STRIKE]/£24.18 left
    Everything else - £[STRIKE]164[/STRIKE]/£2.66 left (I am owed £53 from expenses at a volunteer event so should get this at the end of the month)
    Diesel - £[STRIKE]160[/STRIKE]/£10 left (due about £30 back in expenses).

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback