Munchin's moseying out of debt diary....again

Options

Comments

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Found you! Happy new diary!:)

Your debt busting plans appear eminently doable and I have subscribed and will be cheering you on as you approach the finish line!:D

Hope your knee has improved - take it easy Munchin and enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    x
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Glad pup is okay and survived the cone of shame :)
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi SSG & Lilith - Glad you found me :).

So rejiggled the budgets this morning as I needed diesel so moved the money out of the 'Everything else' category. I am owed 2 days travel so hopefully that will help once the money is paid.

Yesterday I returned sandals I shouldn't have bought (before the lightbulb of the new diary) and then went to Lidl and got groceries. I made a really nice cauliflower and potato soup yesterday and have plenty for the next few days. Of course when I got into work I realised I'm meeting colleagues for lunch today and tomorrow as 2 friends are going on maternity leave. Hopefully Mum will get the benefit of the soup but she might be plenty sick of it soon.

There is some sort of eagle on the loose near my local town and they are warning pet owners to keep small pets inside...just in case. Kind of a random thing to be watching for when the pampered pooch is outside doing his business :).

I have very little left in the money pots - thank goodness for pay day tomorrow.
    • Groceries - £0.81 - not worth talking about
    • Dining Out - £30 (2 lunches out this week)
    • Everything else - £0 (moved the money from this to cover diesel)
    • Diesel - £0

Eating front - intermittent fasting is going well and I'm not that hungry in the mornings anymore. Losing about 1lb a week which I'm semi happy with as I stayed the same for so long. Happy news - I'm wearing a pair of navy trousers today that I haven't worn since last year and they fit :D (stopped wearing them as they were too tight but thank goodness I didn't bin them). Hopefully with 2 lunches out this week I should still be ok calorie wise. So easy to put this weight on but so hard to lose.
  • Munchin
    Options
    Morning,

I'm out today at a team 'get together'...sigh... I think most people don't want to attend but it is mandatory. The only perk is that this afternoon they are doing a session on mindfulness which I am looking forward to. I'm hoping it will help my scatty and impulsive nature :).

I've done the 2 lunches out this week and the cost was pretty good - Tues I met 2 friends at their work canteen and spent £1.80 and then yesterday a large group of us went out to a restaurant and it still only cost £10 for my meal, contribution to the leaver & tip.

I'm going to Glasgow in June and got an email from Flybe changing my flight over - I nearly had kittens as we are only going for 1 night and really can't afford any flight changes. Thankfully it is only changed by 45 mins so it not affecting the trip.

Planned spends this weekend - Sister coloured my hair last night (free) and has got rid of the grey hairs but I am booked in for a haircut on Sat (£10 + £2 tip). I also have my usual 6 weekly appointment at the beauticians on Sat (£25) and then a night out with my volunteer thing (budgeting £30 but should be less). I am also going with sis and nephews to a bbq on Sat and it's another charity thing so probably a £10 donation. Quite spendy weekend but it should quieten down for the next few weekends until I go to Glasgow.

I think if I manage to do less frittering in June I will be happy.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Sounds like you have lots of lovely plans :D
  • Munchin
    Options
    Hi SSDD23 - I do indeed and I'm looking forward to it all :).

Money front - yesterday was an NSD and hopefully the pennies will stay in the purse a bit longer in June. I promised nephew a pizza tonight (usually buy pizza first Friday after pay day) but I'm hoping to just get the Asda pizzas rather than the take out expensive ones.

Yesterday was a good day. I was dreading the team building thing but it was actually good and we spent an hour doing mindfulness - the guy who ran the session gave of some creepy vibes but as it was only an introduction I went with it.

I weighed myself this morning (I weigh randomly over the week and take the average but Friday is my official day) and I'm down to 11 stone 9 3/4 lb - I now feel like I will be under 11 stone by my holiday in August. I started at 13st 5lb on 29 Dec so quite chuffed. Obviously want it all gone by yesterday but this is the first time I have continued to lose weight without freaking out and bingeing and piling it all back on again. It's a great feeling fitting back into clothes - very MSE :). Once holiday in August is done and dusted then the target will lose the rest of the weight by my 'not booked yet but still hopeful' holiday in November :).

I guess I better get on and get some work done. Hope everyone has a speedy Friday.

• Munchin
    Options
    Debt Update @ 31 May 19

Bathroom loan - start 22nd May £[STRIKE]4,255[/STRIKE] - now £3,999
    Credit card - £[STRIKE]1472.50[/STRIKE] - now £1,322
    Very - £[STRIKE]324[/STRIKE] - now £274

Total - £[STRIKE]6,051.50[/STRIKE]/£5,595 (8% paid)
  • Munchin
    Options
    Hi all,

Just in from 4 hours standing in the cold at the football pitch. I’m not sure if my face is red from the sun or windchill :D. One good thing is that it blew away the remnants of my hangover.

I had fun last night and even though I didn’t drink a lot I had the dooms even before I went to bed - ‘what did I say, what did do’ :o. I know it’s obviously alcohol but I have never had it start the same night. I think it’s also because I think a lot about how others perceive me and my ex therapist told me that I would feel better if l lived my life by my own opinions and standards of myself.... not just when the dooms strike:).

Money front - spendy day yesterday but all accounted for. Yesterday was my dads anniversary and Mum & I went to his grave with flowers. The pot that sits inside his grave was missing so I ordered a new one for £3.95. Unexpected spend but necessary. I think someone removed it for flowers and it was just misplaced.

Happily reading now
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    That's great news about the weight loss, Munchin. What an achievement :D
  • Munchin
    edited 9 June 2019 at 8:04AM
    Options
    June budget

Groceries - [STRIKE]£100/[/STRIKE]£8.88 spent
    Dining out/fun - [STRIKE]£80[/STRIKE]/£20.07 spent
    Everything else - [STRIKE]£164[/STRIKE]/£80.58 spent
    Diesel - [STRIKE]£160[/STRIKE]/£35 spent

Weekly spends - w/c 02 June

Sun - NSD
    Mon - £3.65 lunch & £35 diesel
    Tues - NSD
    Wed - £1.95 milk
    Thurs -£22.50 dentist +£5.49 chemist + £13.87 - £1 shop + £7.27 McDs (nephew)
    Fri - NSD
    Sat - NSD

Total - £82.73
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family