Double 8 tickets website - genuine tickets or a scam?

Options
123457»

Comments

• LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    bigred66 wrote: »
    It was my 60th this year so I bought tickets for the Bruce Springsteen concert in Cardiff. I wanted the best seats so was willing to pay. Double 88 advertised the best seats at £195 each.
    Today, 10days before the concert my tickets arrive.Price on tickets £62.50.
    That means they charged £265 over the ticket price..Thank you 88 tickets for ripping off a pensioner and her disabled husband :mad:

Not being an apologist for these ticket people (and I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole), but you say yourself you were willing to pay over the odds for the best tickets, surely a bit of research would have shown you what the face value of the tickets was; and not wishing to sound unfeeling but what has your husband being disabled got to do with paying a stupid amount of money to attend a concert?
  • mummsie
    Options
    my daughters booked tickets back in april 2013 for Bruno mars and like everyone else after paying had second thoughts checked it out and everyone was so negative so as the concert at the O2 was in October you can imagine we were waiting on tender hooks but about a week before the concert an email was sent to say the ticket were on their way and a tracking number was given. Ok we paid much more than O2 almost double but my girls got the area they wanted and really enjoyed the evening it was well worth it
    thank Double 88
  • susi360
    Options
    I have used Double 8 twice for tickets to One Direction, at Hammersmith and at the O2. On both occasions the tickets arrived a week or 2 before the concert, they were in the area promised and my daughters had a great time.

The thing that annoys me is that tickets for these very popular concerts seem to sell out in minutes from the main promotional website - ticketmaster or whoever, and then lots appear though other agencies, including Ticketmaster's own GETMEIN at prices way above the original ticket price. People are making a lot of money out of this, and it isn't the band or the venue. I think people should only be allowed to resell tickets at the original price, and preferably back to the original promoter. Ticketmaster themselves don't send out tickets until a couple of weeks before the concert, so they could easily keep track of any resold before that time.
  • middxm_2
    Options
    I have used Double8 twice in the past year to see Evanescence (grabbed a lst minute bargain) and Nickelback at the end of last year. Its true you dont know the seat number or even the row, but depending on what you buy you can check out section with the venue page. 1st time I brought in the 1st 10 rows and I was in the 8th - fantastic tickets, 2nd time I brought in the 11th to 20th and was in row 20 - they have always been good for me, tickets arrive pretty late but in plenty of time and signed for ... I will use them again.
  • shedsounds
    Options
    My twopenneth on this..

After the cancelled Peter Kay Phoenix Nights show, I applied for my replacement ticket but the found out I couldnt go tho this date. In a frenzy I sought other tickets and had seen double8 adrvertising them within #phoneixnightslive thread on twitter.

I had a look and without really stopping to think ordered a ticket for Thursday 12th in block 102 first ten rows. I paid £35 for a £65 ticket. Only then did I stop and think, what do I know about these people as I am usually far more sensible than this.

There is more than enough evidence here and elsehwere to see this comapny are or have been problematical. To me its very clear on their pages that these tickets can be at a premium, they are not official sellers and they list face values so none of the arguments about those subject are worthy in my opinion.

Next monring I tweeted them asking when they thought ticket might be despatched, after a couple fo DMs they said ticket was already despatched and that I would get an utomated text update later. I got one later that monring with special delivery tracking number etc... to arrive next day.

It did arrive as promised, seat is as described (row7) and I can have no complaints. Far better service that the big guys, I dont get despatch texts from them nor replies to tweets. I can see that I got a deal, saturday shows are more than face value but thats the swings and roundabouts...

Hope this helps reassure someone.
  • declanmm
    Options
    Just to add balance to this thread, I was also sceptical about Double8 tickets, when I wanted to purchase seats for a sold out Andre Rieu show at the O2. I arranged to visit their offices on Charing Cross Road and saw there a team of people answering phones (and e-mails) and a box full of printed tickets. I was invited to choose from these for the show I wanted.

I paid over the face value, but as the show was sold out, it was that or nothing. The tickets were genuine and my mother and her friend had a good time. I would use them again.

DMM
  • Sabrina16
    Options
    I have booked many concerts for years, with no problem. I have seen the Who, Black Sabbath, Diana Krall and many more. Don't worry because they are genuine and you won't have a problem. They have been going for years. In fact I have just booked another concert with them
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure