Double 8 tickets website - genuine tickets or a scam?

Options

Comments

• mancitychick
    Options
    The tickets my dad purchased in april for Roger Waters The Wall arrived promptly after purchase and were great seats. They were however £60 more than face value but at the end of the day he was happy to pay that so not really a problem. Therefore my one and inly experience with double8 has been positive. Would I use them again? Not sure as there are so many negative comments out there about double8, I'd be worried I wouldn't have such a positive outcome next time. Which is a shame really as couln't fault them with The Wall tickets.
  • Britney81
    Britney81 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 3 November 2011 at 1:08PM
    Options
    I'm getting nervous now!!

I ordered a ticket to see Britney Spears in Manchester on the 6th of November (that's in a few days!).I ordered it about 3 months ago and I paid about £40 above the face value, but I didn't mind because all the decent seats were sold old.I was told by a really polite lady that I would receive the ticket a week or so before the show and that I would get a phone call beforehand.

The show is on Sunday (5-6 days) and I haven't heard anything! I'm really starting to worry now because I have been waiting so long and the thought of not going is depressing! I'll have to give them a ring in a few days...

I pray that they don't let me down, but it's hard not to worry when I read so many bad reviews! (I ordered the tickets before i read the reviews..)

Anyway I'll post back here on Sunday night to let you know how we got on!
  • Britney81
    Options
    I received the ticket this morning!! I'm so relieved and excited!! :j

I gave them a call on Tuesday morning (1.11.11) telling them that I was worried but I was assured that the ticket would be sent out soon.Yesterday (2.11.11) a lady called me to say that it had been sent out and that I would receive it the next day by special delivery, I also got a text message last night with a Royal Mail tracking number so I could find out where it was.

The postman delivered it this morning and all is good! I got exactly what I ordered! Block 115 row A (Very close to the stage!)

I couldn't be happier! double8 did exactly what they promised and for that I am really grateful!

These past few months have been really stressful because I was convinced that I had been ripped off, but I shouldn't have worried!

double8 can't be faulted! My personal experience with them has been faultless!
  • mancitychick
    Options
    green555 wrote: »
    Hi... I purchased tickets from 88 for red hot chilis @ 02 on 10th nov. 2months ago- have been awaiting delivery since and have called them several times to be told the tickets will be despatched nearer the date- with only a week to go i have called them again to be told i will need to meet someone at the venue so they can give me a card and tickets to get in. All seems very dodgy!! Am very concerned as its a long journey to london, we have hotel booked etc. Has anyone had to do this and has it gone ok or have i been stitched up by these cowboys?
    Any responses are much appreciated.... Thanks :-)

This sounds rather dodgy to me. Tickets my dad purchased off double88 arrived via royal mail special delivery.
  • kbrewer
    Options
    ordered tickets for Penn + Teller from Double8 and got my tickets in plenty of time for the concert. I understand I had to pay over face value for the tickets but this is what happens when you buy from a ticket broker I guess and I really really wanted to go and couldn't get tickets anywhere else!!
    Its a shame they have had bad press as I would use them again. :T
  • scottish_stresshead
    Options
    someone please delete this thread!!! clearly members of double8 joining up as "members" as 99% of them are newbies and only post on this thread and then disappear
    5lb a Month Challenge 2012:j

Be happy! Beauty is both inside & Out!
  • Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have made the Forum Team aware of this thread.............and the amount of new members who are praising Double 8 tickets.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • MikeL230
    MikeL230 Posts: 94 Forumite
    Options
    Richiewj wrote: »
    As I said credit where credit is due, and to be fair an open letter was included with my tickets asking customers togo online and review their service.

I had a good experience, so I'm not allowed to write about it?

I thought these were open forums.

When people join up to post good reviews about a website with an otherwise bad reputation is very suspicious. And paying over face value for tickets isn't money saving at all.
  • CARBr6
    CARBr6 Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My mum booked tickets using this site in January. I had to chase them (my mum is away) as the tickets haven't showed up yet and the concert is tomorrow! they claim that she has been upgraded and the tickets have been sent special delivery for delivery tomorrow between 9am and 1pm.
    I've arranged for them to be delivered to my work so if they don't arrive I can go to the offices which are,apparently, on Charing Cross Road.
    I am skeptical but will hold off judgement until tomorrow.
    I certainly will never use them myself and will advise my mum not to again!!
  • bigred66
    Options
    It was my 60th this year so I bought tickets for the Bruce Springsteen concert in Cardiff. I wanted the best seats so was willing to pay. Double 88 advertised the best seats at £195 each.
    Today, 10days before the concert my tickets arrive.Price on tickets £62.50.
    That means they charged £265 over the ticket price..Thank you 88 tickets for ripping off a pensioner and her disabled husband :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure