Double 8 tickets website - genuine tickets or a scam?

Options

Comments

• double8touts
    Options
    I would be very surprised if the tickets you received are real tickets as most of the tickets they sell are fake! I was done for Madonna tickets last year and was refused entry at the door - they never refunded me either which was disgusting.
  • Ellen68
    Options
    kitty123 wrote: »
    My friend has just booked tickets for the New Years Eve Take That concert at the O2 Arena in London using double 8 tickets. I am very concerned because the only official site selling them is gigsandtours, and they are almost sold out.

I understand this double 8 website is for sold out events. My husband found some reviews.... A few people say they had no problems and the tickets all arrived OK, but some say their tickets never arrived and they couldn't get their money back/could never get through to the company by phone and have reported them to Watchdog.

We have just tried phoning double 8 and they are closed (?until Monday). I am really having my doubts. They are charging £145 per ticket (up to £200 for "best seats"), when the face value of the tickets on gigsandtours is £99.

I got scammed BIG TIME on ebay buying tickets for the current Take That tour,so I am not going to let it happen to my friends.....

Any advice? If they are dodgy should my friend try to get a refund, or cancel her credit card??

I ordered a ticket for Reading Fesival - I paid £253.00 Ticket Master was £175.00 but had sold out.

The website crashed, so I re-input my details - Yes, you've guessed, it took 2 x £253 from my bank.

I rang them the next day, after a restless night, and they agreed to refund one of the tickets. - it took about 2 weeks, but I did get my money.

The ticket arrived with 3 days to go before the event - we were getting anxious - but they had emailed and said they were allocating the tickets, and not to worry, they would arrive.

If all other avenues were sold out, and I was prepared to pay over the original ticket value, I would order from double 8 tickets again.

Hope this helps! ;-)
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wow so many new posters all joining to praise Double8 tickets.

Georgiababy is a bit suspicious when you have viewed this other thread about double8

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=599651

P.S Are the employees of Double8 who are posting on here aware that it is now against the law (It was brought in within the last 18 months) to post on websites or blogging sites praising a company or otherwise miss leading the general public / potential customers when you work or are associated with the company. http://www.legalday.com/commentaries/eversheds_false_representation_unfair_business_practices.html
  • kitty123
    kitty123 Posts: 262 Forumite
    Options
    RESPONSE TO KITTY 123

I do apoligize for you phoning on numerous occassions between xmas and new year and getting no response, but the company was closed due to festive holiday as stated on our website and on our voicemail systems. The office reopened on the 30 december at which point you was contacted regarding collection of your tickets on the night of the event at the venue. We do not have the facility to leave tickets at the box office for collection as we are not a ticket promoter, we are a ticket agency.

As stated in our terms and conditions, it is normal procedure for one of our representatives to meet our customers on the night of the event at the venue as due to un for seen circumstances, the tickets were not deliverd to us in time to enable us to post them out to yourselves.

As your friend chose not to reply to our messages, therefore we cancelled her order and refunded her in full.

Thanks for the reply, Hannah. I must point out though that my friend was not trying to contact double8 tickets between christmas and new year. She was trying to contact you in November when the tickets had first been booked. This involved repeated calls and email contact also, and there was no response. Surely to hear nothing and then phone the buyer up the day before the gig on new year's eve is not acceptable customer service. If your company really is genuine, perhaps working harder on keeping people more informed could be a good idea? People are always going to be suspicious unless it is proved by companies like yourself that they are not trying to scam you! I would not hand over hundreds of pounds, hear nothing, and then assume everything will be alright on the night!!
  • dacouch
    Options
    It's weird how there was loads of activity on this thread from new posters and double8 tickets staff around the time of a lot of festivals and now its gone very quiet...
  • I was sold fake tickets for Reading Festival and was refused entry and had to go to the police. Not talking about late delivery or ad customer service here = we are talking about completely fake fraudulent tickets
  • JanBee_2
    Options
    I bought tickets for the Elton John Red Piano Tour at the MEN for Dec 2008. My daughter and I were on the 2nd row and ended up on stage with Sir Elt. The tickets were pricey but were worth EVERY penny. I had seen Elton twelve times previously. Most times, I could only view him on the big screen. I would definitely use the Double8 site again.
  • mackenzie2
    Options
    My partner has bought me tickets to go and see peter andre in march 2010 from double8 as i really wanted the best seats in the venue so with double8 booked 3rd row now ive read all this bad rating of them i'm extremely worried,I so hope i'm proven wrong its so long to wait for tickets to arrive if they come like a week before or not at all and even worse to get there and tickets are not valid,How upsetting would that be:mad:
  • dacouch
    Options
    What a surprise, the post keeps getting resurrected whenever there is a post slating Double8 with a new poster who praises double8. Odd how they never post about anything else on MSE and feel the need to search out an old post.
  • sam15_2
    Options
    Hi Kitty , I just wanted to say that I have had a good experience booking through double 8. Booked at end of September to see Beyonce on 16th November, tickets arrived by Special Delivery a couple of weeks ago and I got a phone call a couple of days prior to confirm delivery. Seats were really good - side view but very close to the stage. Yes they were more expensive but they were worth it. My only complaint was that I did not receive a confirmatory email when I booked the tickets (by phone) which would have put my mind at rest initially as all the bad reviews made me a bit worried. Beyonce was fab and hope your friend gets to enjoy Take That.
    kitty123 wrote: »
    My friend has just booked tickets for the New Years Eve Take That concert at the O2 Arena in London using double 8 tickets. I am very concerned because the only official site selling them is gigsandtours, and they are almost sold out.

I understand this double 8 website is for sold out events. My husband found some reviews.... A few people say they had no problems and the tickets all arrived OK, but some say their tickets never arrived and they couldn't get their money back/could never get through to the company by phone and have reported them to Watchdog.

We have just tried phoning double 8 and they are closed (?until Monday). I am really having my doubts. They are charging £145 per ticket (up to £200 for "best seats"), when the face value of the tickets on gigsandtours is £99.

I got scammed BIG TIME on ebay buying tickets for the current Take That tour,so I am not going to let it happen to my friends.....

Any advice? If they are dodgy should my friend try to get a refund, or cancel her credit card??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure