Double 8 tickets website - genuine tickets or a scam?

Options

Comments

• cheekybatik
    Options
    Don't buy tickets from Double 8 tickets, they have shamelessly phoned me and told me that there are no tickets available for the Lady Gaga concert next week, tickets I booked and paid for 3 months ago. They are a scam, and re sell your tickets before you get them if they can get a higher price. I have flights and hotels to london booked, and have been let down by them. Spread the word...DON'T use them
  • simon1656
    Options
    My wife ordered 2 tickets costing £75.00 each and specified on order that she wanted the First 5 rows option.

We received our tickets only to find that A) we had paid double the face value and b)that we had been sent the tickets costing £65 each which gave us seats one row from the back of Wembley Arena.

My wife phoned to discuss that with them, but the rude girl on the phone was more keen on having a chat with her mate in the back ground than having a cconversation with an actual paying customer.

I then phoned t speak to a so called supervisor who wasnt in the least bit interested in what I had to say about the scam they had clearly pulled.

She too was rude and off hand and blatantly didnt care. She concluded our conversation by hanging up.

It was only when I typed in "double 8 tickets complaints" in to google that I found out on this forum that they have stitched up so many other people.

DONT EVER HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THESE ROUGUE TICKET AGENT.......EVER.

Oh, by the way, all the positive comments about them on this forum are so obviously people who work for Double 8 !!!

Managing Director is Elizabeth Bonnamassa who will be written to most certainly.
  • mancitychick
    Options
    My Dad has ordered from these and received his tickets today, he paid £150 a ticket and price on ticket is £83.25. I work on the basis that he was happy to pay £150 so fair enough, not actually going to tell him the face value though!!

After reading the complaints on here by biggest worry was they were not going to turn up, now they have I am panicing they are fake, eeek. Anyone had problems using tickets from double8??
  • poppykins2010
    Options
    I used double 8 tickets as a quick impulse buy to get front row seats for Tim Minchin last tursday (28/4/11) at the Royal Albert Hall. I rang on the wednesday and paid over the phone by credit card, we got £55 tickets for £35 as it was such late notice. The phone call was brief (not as 'professional' as I would have expected), and once I had read the reviews on here I became very worried that it was a scam.

The tickets arrived on thursday at 10.15am as promised, then it was just the worry that they were fake tickets. We arrived at the RAH at doors opening time and had no problems getting in.

Our tickets were fine and we paid below the odds for them and the view of the stage was amazing!! However, as the whole experience was very worrying, I'm not sure I would use them again and wouldn't necessarily recommend them to others without giving them the full story.
  • wolinam
    wolinam Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Having bought expensive tickets for Barry Manilow at the O2, was very worried to read all the negative reviews. However, my ticket, in row 5, arrived in good time and I had a whale of a time last night. So my experience of Double 8 is all good.
  • DaNnIbOi
    DaNnIbOi Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    My wife and I have paid for some Lee Evan tickets later this year, I have sent an email tonight and will ring end of next week if I get no response, after reading all these reviews, its very worrying!
  • franticconsumer
    Options
    I would totally recommend NOT ordering from Double8.com. You may or may not notice that the purchasing page where you enter your personal details and payment information is NOT a secure page. This means you are sending your personal details and credit card details insecurely to the site. I just went to the official site (GigsandTours) to purchase my tickets for Take That at Wembley and the price was much less than half for reserved seats overlooking the stage than the ones advertised on double 8.

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!

I've been scammed by them before, NEVER AGAIN! :mad:
  • Coopdivi
    Coopdivi Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Options
    For the avoidance of doubt and because this thread is at the top of page 1 on Google, Web of Trust say 'This site has a poor reputation'. Here's just a few of the comments:

ONLINE TICKET SCAM. BE AWARE OF VISITING

SCAM SITE DON'T USE

THEY DO NOT HAVE THE TICKETS THEY ARE SELLING, DO NOT PART WITH YOUR HARD EARNED CASH.

APPEARED ON WATCHDOG AS A SCAM SITE.

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/double8tickets.com
  • mling01
    Options
    Bought Tickets from double 8 Tickets about two weeks ago for Placido Domingo they were £120 face value tickets but double 8 Tickets were selling them at only £75. I thought here must be catch somewhere, maybe they were restricted view or in the gods but I went to the concert last night and the seats I had were wonderful I was right in front of the stage I couldn’t believe my luck. I will definitely be using this company again and would have no qualms in recommending this site to those around me. :T
  • nickc_3
    nickc_3 Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    all these posts praising the site are clearly fakes. every single member has just 1 post. scam and spam!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure