Double 8 tickets website - genuine tickets or a scam?

Options

Comments

• heavenlycupcake
    Options
    So... last night I went to Paul Weller at the Albert Hall with the tickets that I bought from Double 8. I have to admit that I was worried all the way there that I wasn't getting in or would be thrown out of my seat at some point. but no, great concert (Paul Weller is a GOD!) was enjoyed from the third row.

That's the good news. The bad news is that this was not a sell out concert and I could have got similar seats from booking direct for about half the price.

Is it a scam, I would say not. Though I can see from other posts that not everyone has been lucky. It does look like there are some vested interests on here hell bent on slagging this company and anyone who says anything vaguely positive off. So I will look forward to the flaming.

My view.....

a) Poor value for money, I paid £90 for a £45 ticket that I could have bought for £45.
    b) Do your homework and check that the event is actually sold out, just because someone says it is doesn't mean it actually is.
    c) Pay by credit card and if it all goes pear shaped take it up with your credit card company if you don't get what you paid for.
    The Royal Albert Hall is a unique venue because over 1,000 seats are owned by private seatholders. A concert may be "sold out" because all the other tickets have been sold, but many, many seatholders don't send their tickets back for re-sale and their seats remain empty. The R.A.H. is unable to sell these to the general public (even at the last minute) because they are actually OWNED by the seatholder (not the R.A.H.) and could turn up at any time and use it.
  • kelbro
    kelbro Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I was a first time user of Double8Tickets when i ordered tickets for The Black Eyed Peas at the O2 on 27th May 10. They arrived 3 weeks before the event. We went last night and the show was amazing and the seats were fantastic. I would recommend them to all of my friends.

I was so impressed with Double8Tickets that i used them again to order tickets to see Bon Jovi on 11th June, and they arrived this morning!! :-)
  • Denatus
    Options
    The moaners will claim this is another person working for Double 8 but I am not. I just think that I should tell you about my experience with them. I have bought a number of tickets from them over the years, a very expensive Madonna ticket for the Drowned World Tour, and a ticket for GaGa this year and they were kosher. No problems getting in and I got what i paid for. They are not cheap, and I went in and dealt with them face to face in the shop as I don't like online shopping but they are genuine. I've also sold them spare tickets and they paid up without a problem. I'll use them again but I also like to check ebay for tickets, but then again only buy from people with good feedback - I got ripped off from a seller there and wished i'd used Double8 instead. I don't generally leave feedback on forums like this but its easy to give a company a bad name and in my experience it is just not justified.
  • Coopdivi
    Coopdivi Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Options
    Keiran you and your one-post-wonder mates might care to look at this.

http://www.legalday.com/commentaries/eversheds_false_representation_unfair_business_practices.html
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    spearce02 wrote: »
    I was very dubious to use another ticket company after all the recent bad press about dodgy companies. I normally always use ticketmaster but i couldnt get tickets for Paul Mccartney, it was a one off show and i was dying to go so i decided to give double8 a try.
    I was actually shocked to find the service was very good. After placing my order my tickets came through the post a couple of weeks later and the seats were brilliant.
    Although they were slightly more pricey than ticketmaster it was well worth it as they were brilliant seats i would never have been able to get myself and they did all the leg work for me!
    Overall i was very happy and would probably use them again for something special in the future.
    (Post 53 of this page)

[QUOTE=spearce02;29215393Well i was very skeptical about booking from double8 but after seeing Penn and Teller on the one show i was dying to go. I booked my tickets online but was then a bit worried... so i called the number and spoke to a lady who reassured me my tickets were fine but obviously i was still worried.
    But low and behold 4 days before the concert the tickets turned up, I didnt really understand what id booked but when i got there the tickets were front row on the balcony which was fab!!
    They were a bit more expensive but i wud expect that booking last minute for anything.. like holidays for example.. so fair dos i suppose they have to make there money somehow.
    So i wud really recommend them.. iv never used any other websites before but with this one you get the tickets and if your worried you can talk to a human being in england!![/QUOTE]

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=599651&page=2 (Post 36)

This thread about double 8 has many 1st time posters who oddly register just to praise double 8 and then never post again.

Have a read of the above posters posts, if you read them carefully you will notice the errors they have made. Clue the second quote from the same poster was made in January 2010 and the first quote in July 2010

Would you want to deal with a company that posts on forums pretending to be a happy customer which is now against the law.

Have a read of this from BBC watchdog about double 8 before you consider doing business with them...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2009/03/avoid_scam_festival_tickets.html (Note the companies they advise against buying tickets from).

Queue more first time posters praising double 8
  • Coopdivi
    Options
    Virtually every post on this thread is pure unadulterated Spam. Despicable people promoting a despicable bunch of Scam merchants. I have reported it as abuse and would hope that one of the Board Guides finds time to delete the whole thread.
  • Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Coopdivi wrote: »
    Virtually every post on this thread is pure unadulterated Spam. Despicable people promoting a despicable bunch of Scam merchants. I have reported it as abuse and would hope that one of the Board Guides finds time to delete the whole thread.

Hello Coopdivi

I'm aware of the newbie members who post in this thread to give praise to 'Double 8 Tickets' but there are also established members who have had a good experience.................and there are those who have not had a good experience.

The Forum Team will deal with your abuse report and if they feel that this thread should be deleted, they will make that call.

Regards

Nile
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • Coopdivi
    Options
    MSE seem to think you're quite legitimate despite the mountains of information on the internet which say otherwise I expect Martin Lewis is too busy counting the money from his Skimlinks to worry about you bunch of shysters. So feel free to create loads of new user names and periodically post on here about what a wonderful company double69 are.

At the end of the day it's all about Search Engine Optimisation and you've achieved that.

I shan't post on this thread again and I won't bother reporting any more posts for Spam etc because it's a waste of time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2009/03/avoid_scam_festival_tickets.html
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Coopdivi for a laugh have a look at the amount of first time posters on reviewcenter http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews110827.html who all strangely give double 8 5 stars...

Anyone landing on this page from googling double 8 tickets please read this report from BBC watchdog who recommend you avoid them http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/...l_tickets.html
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure