Double 8 tickets website - genuine tickets or a scam?

Options

Comments

• kitty123
    kitty123 Posts: 262 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    Thanks for the post. This happened 2 years ago so we have been to see Take That again since then! I hasten to add have not touched double 8 tickets with a barge pole and never would.

I'm afraid to say I agree with other posters - there are too many new posters raving about double 8 tickets and it makes me suspicious that they are employees of the company!!

For everyone else's sake who is planning on using them, I really hope they are genuine posts.
  • emmell
    emmell Posts: 1,228 Forumite
    Options
    I am almost certain this is where my relative bought a ticket for Pink, double 8, as they guaranteed first 10 rows. When her ticket came is was row Q, now I may not have a degree in maths but I'm sure the letter Q is not in the first 10 of the alaphabet.
    She couldn't get any replies from her emails so had to claim off her credit card co.
    She then used the same company as myself, Get me in, and got a seat at the side of the stage 3 rows from the front and it cost her exactly the same as the double 8 ticket cost.
    The moral of this story is pay by credit card.
    ML.
    He who has four and spends five, needs neither purse nor pocket
  • emmell
    emmell Posts: 1,228 Forumite
    Options
    double8 tickets.
    Now I know this is where my cousin bought her expensive guaranteed first 10 rows ticket from as I checked this morning. Only thing I got wrong was the seat was in row X not row Q! Good job the credit card company acknowledge that she was sold something that was wrongly described, as double8 tickets refused to answer her emails.
    ML.
    He who has four and spends five, needs neither purse nor pocket
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Two first time posters praising Double8, how unusual what is especially unusual is how they only praise double8 and never contibute to MSE again...not
  • juleventus
    Options
    dacouch wrote: »
    What a surprise, the post keeps getting resurrected whenever there is a post slating Double8 with a new poster who praises double8. Odd how they never post about anything else on MSE and feel the need to search out an old post.

Totally agree with you!
    there's even 3 posts 15 mins apart! so thats five mins to register and 10mins to make up a post right?
    I think it shows that these people cant be trusted at all if they are willing to make up fake posts. Why havent they defended themselves on here? Because they are guilty.
    Perhaps I shall register a new accounting claiming to be a double 8 worker (notice how the guilty poster has written the company name exactly the same in each post) and express how I know that double8 are a scam?!

Your even on watchdog. I hope the next knock on your door is the police van.
  • aliredhead
    Options
    I am looking for some advice - I purchased Pink tickets from Double 8 in Aug 09 for Dec 09 - the tickets never arrived. After some string pulling I managed to track them down to a sorting office but they disappear after that - Double 8 never contacted me to let me know they had not been delivered - they had a note of this! 5 months after the actual concert I am still trying to get my money back - they will not reimburse me until the Royal Mail reimburses them - i understand this, but i have only been offered £95 as opposed to the £160 i paid including £5.00 post and pack insurance!!!! Is this because they only reimburse the face value or because they only insured the tickets for the face value? any advise much appreciated.
  • su463
    su463 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Just wondered if Mackenzie2 received their tickets?

Have only recently started using this website and unfortunately found this forum after purchasing a ticket from Double8. Reading all the comments, still don't know if it will arrive. Have spoken to the company and they sound very plausible, I also checked them out at Companies House - although anyone seems to be able to register these days, its no guarantee they are reputable!

I was told that I could collect from their office and they are supposed to be ringing me as soon as the ticket is available. I suppose I'll just have to wait and see - it will be a hard lesson for my teenage daughter if it is a scam.

I will post with the outcome.
  • katz1
    katz1 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 2 May 2010 at 10:43AM
    Options
    i bought whitney houston tickets x4 from double8tickets.com on tuesday and got the tickets next day by special delivery at £25 a seat on time for wednesday performance very happy & good seats too:j
  • mark1882
    Options
    I have just got tickets from them but I got them in the shop days before the concert and they are very cheap, I dont think I would use their website but buying in person seemed ok
  • heavenlycupcake
    Options
    Double 8 are ticket brokers, not primary sellers like Ticketmaster. They are not crooks, but they do advertise tickets that they don't have. Nine times out of ten they will successfully resource the tickets they have promised you. The other time you will get something inferior. Ofcourse they charge over face value - that's because they have to buy the tickets in from whatever source they can find and probably have paid over the odds themselves. If the venue is sold out you would be better off going to Viagogo, Seatwave or Getmein. Then you can choose which seat you want and which price you want to pay.
    Obviously, the best thing to do is to get up early on the morning the tickets go on sale and get cracking on the internet yourself!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure