IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

BW Legal / Premier Park Limited - parking charge notice - 4 years old

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sounds good - happy wedding!

The hearing itself will then be in the Autumn/Winter, which will suit you.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • DailyClicker
    DailyClicker Posts: 534 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks, I sent an email off to EasyGym disputing the PCN. They have just replied stating that they do not own the car park and are unable to overturn the PCN, as they no longer manage the club at that location.

They have however, said that could provide a letter stating that they have given permission for the vehicle to have been parked there at the time the PCN was issued.

Do you think this will be enough to get BW Legal to stop any further action?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They have however, said that could provide a letter stating that they have given permission for the vehicle to have been parked there at the time the PCN was issued.

Do you think this will be enough to get BW Legal to stop any further action?
    Probably not.

But it could well be enough to convince a Judge that the Claimant has no justification of bringing the case to court at all.

Definitely get that letter/email from EasyGym.
  • DailyClicker
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    But you don't need it if you told them you are seeking DEBT ADVICE.

Not just 'advice' I hope.

''Seeking DEBT advice'' forces them to give you yet another 30 days and the claim won't be filed until the end of June at the earliest, likely early July.

If that's not good enough, yes, you can give a different address for service for the Summer.

Still haven't heard anything back from them - should I chase or just ignore?
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

You have to understand that you are dealing with pure ignorance

JUST WAIT ...... ignorance will raise it's head in time
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Let them stew.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • DailyClicker
    Options
    Hello,

I have just received a 2nd "letter of claim". The first one was dated 29/04/2019, and second one dated 07/11/2019.

I responded to the first one following guidance from everyone on this forum, but not sure whether I need to reply again?

Thanks,
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello,

I have just received a 2nd "letter of claim". The first one was dated 29/04/2019, and second one dated 07/11/2019.

I responded to the first one following guidance from everyone on this forum, but not sure whether I need to reply again?

Thanks,

Is it for the same ticket ?
  • DailyClicker
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    Is it for the same ticket ?

Yes it is for the same ticket
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Yes it is for the same ticket

Respond to it again. Read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2 as advice on responding to a LoC has changed, not sure whether this was before or after you responded initially. Just check it out. If it hasn't changed, copy and paste your first one - if it followed the guidance in the sticky.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure