IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

BW Legal / Premier Park Limited - parking charge notice - 4 years old

Hello,

I have just returned from holiday to find a letter (included below) from Premier Park Limited and BWLegal from an alleged contravention on 31st May 2015 (nearly 4 years ago).

0002.jpg

0001.jpg

I cannot seem to recall much detail, but I do believe the PCN was cancelled due to poor signage on the road (but unfortunately I don't have any evidence of this or the original notice) so cannot be sure.

I'm unsure as to how they got my new address, as I'm no longer the registered owner of that vehicle.

Hope someone can give me some advise on the best way forward with this.

Thanks,

Comments

• crazynana
    crazynana Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 4 May 2019 at 9:44AM
    hello I have just received a simpler letter mine being dated 2015 I also have moved and sold my car I do know I was not the driver on that date because I was somewhere else and have had no other letters but this one so I am very interested in what advice you will receive thanks
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Follow the guide to court written by bargepole that you will find in post 2 of the NEWBIES. It is a step by step guide from LBC to the court appearance.

Send an SAR to the scammers asking for all personal data they hold about the keeper, including VRNs and all images.
    There is a link to an SAR template in the NEWBIES.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 29 April 2019 at 8:37AM
    crazynana wrote: »
    hello I have just received a simpler letter mine being dated june 21st 2015 I also have moved and sold my car I do know I was not the driver on that date because I was somewhere else and have had no other letters but this one so I am very interested in what advice you will receive thanks

Every case is different even if it involves the same scumpanies or even the same location so you.

By all means read the responses here, but if you want help with your own case, please ready the sticky thread for NEWBIES then start your own thread.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Fruitcake wrote: »
    Follow the guide to court written by bargepole that you will find in post 2 of the NEWBIES. It is a step by step guide from LBC to the court appearance.

Send an SAR to the scammers asking for all personal data they hold about the keeper, including VRNs and all images.
    There is a link to an SAR template in the NEWBIES.

Thanks for your help - I have sent a SAR to Premier Park Limited.
  • DailyClicker
    DailyClicker Posts: 534 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi,

Just got a reply back from BW Legal and Premier Park - with data from their PCN system including photos from 2015.

BW Legal have also sent a "letter of claim" dated 29/04/2019 asking for a response by 02/06/2019 to avoid a claim in the County Court.

How would you recommend that I move forward?

Thanks
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,584 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi,

Just got a reply back from BW Legal and Premier Park - with data from their PCN system including photos from 2015.

BW Legal have also sent a "letter of claim" dated 29/04/2019 asking for a response by 02/06/2019 to avoid a claim in the County Court.

How would you recommend that I move forward?

Thanks
    Respond to that Letter of Claim as suggested in post #2 of the NEWBIES thread.
  • DailyClicker
    KeithP wrote: »
    Respond to that Letter of Claim as suggested in post #2 of the NEWBIES thread.

Thanks Keith, as expected BW Legal has refused to suspend further collection activity too.

Post #2 suggests that a response to the "letter of claim" should be made but not using their own reply forms.

What level of detail would you suggest that I go in to defend the claim at this point? Or would a email / letter acknowledging their letter and stating that I dispute the debt suffice and gather evidence for when a claim is submitted?
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    What level of detail would you suggest that I go in to defend the claim at this point? Or would a email / letter acknowledging their letter and stating that I dispute the debt suffice and gather evidence for when a claim is submitted?
    Did you go here and follow the advice?

Did you see: -
    DO RESPOND - but DO NOT use the 'reply forms'. You do not have to declare your finances!

As well as the SAR to the parking firm's Data Protection Officer (DPO), also write a letter - by email to Gladstones or BW Legal or directly to whoever the PPC is, if they are not using a solicitor. Your letter can state that you have sent their client a SAR and so you require a restriction of data processing and the case should be put 'on hold'. Confirm your correct 'address for service' (especially if you've moved and they've traced you & might revert back to an old address).

This is an EASY formal letter to write - it will not stop most claims but it looks better to respond. Gladstones & BW Legal will refuse. Please don't post about that...all as expected.
    Advice now is to tell the PPC/solicitor that you are, whilst denying any debt exists, seeking debt advice, so they have to suspend proceedings whilst that takes place.
  • DailyClicker
    Le_Kirk wrote: »
    Did you go here and follow the advice?

Did you see: -

Advice now is to tell the PPC/solicitor that you are, whilst denying any debt exists, seeking debt advice, so they have to suspend proceedings whilst that takes place.

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have emailed BW Legal denying any debt and stating that I am seeking advice.

I do remember they re-painted all the markings in the car park, and put up additional signs after my PCN was issued.

The photos that they have provided show the markings are really faded and unclear.

Can I ask them to provide further photos / the date they repainted and put up additional clearer signs?

Also, will they accept to communicate via email, as I'll be away from home over the next month or two (or will they want to send the formal documents by post)?

Cv8ev3l.jpg
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    A claim form is served by post.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback