PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 29th April 2019

Options

Comments

• tighteningthebelt
    Options
    brednall
    SSDD23
    I rented a house with a urinal once... the landlady had 4 boys and a husband!!
    A bit of grin and bear it, a bit of come and share it
    You're welcome we can spare it, yellow socks
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    brednall
    SSDD23
    I rented a house with a urinal once... the landlady had 4 boys and a husband!!

:eek:

• dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sneaks in to wave to Dizzy x

Ground floor dysoned
    Towels washed
    Discovered Pink Stuff, so am testing it lots of places. It has done a brilliant job of cleaning up a metal toilet roll holder. I usually have to recycle them when they get this bad. Not this one.
  • tighteningthebelt
    Options
    Hmmm... pink stuff, will look.
    I've run out of steam today, but have done the minimums... s & s bathroom and kitchen, hoovered hall, and I'm poking about in a cupboard on and off. On the plus side I've done a lot of weeding and a bit of trimming. And voted. And watched the weather, I love the storm light.
    A bit of grin and bear it, a bit of come and share it
    You're welcome we can spare it, yellow socks
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I did most of the basics, voted, worked and watched tour de Yorkshire. So house still in need of attention.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 3 May 2019 at 2:23PM
    Options
    Welcome back, Dizzy! :wave:
    Welcome Brednall! :wave:
    Layla has decided that she does want to chew things so we've spent the day removing her heart's desire from her jaws and substituting cardboard loo roll middles. Each one now has one chewed corner. She's terrified of the squeaky red fabric bone, Ionafan, so if you PM me your address it'll be winging it's way to Rosie immediately. Soz she's been a little blighter about her pills and drops. It's taken me all day to get 4mls of Canikur into Layla, and that only after the vet jabbed her full of a steroid to calm her gut down. Colitis, poor little scrap; I'm tired of cooking chicken and rice because it's been going on a week and it clearly isn't going to get better without intervention.
    (((Hugs))) Mrs MP.

Four loads through the WM and mostly dried. I've very recently found a local supplier of Stardrops - brilliant stuff. I now know what all the fuss is about. Foodbank voluntary thing done.

Off to The Count tonight at 10.00 pm; technically I'm a candidate but as the only real question is whether I'll come third, fourth, fifth or sixth my candidacy isn't really that important; just about getting someone to stand for the party I belong to in every ward in the city and hoping that the parties that stand for things I really don't believe in all don't do better than us across the board.

I hope you do well Jazee; and oooh, a star is obviously amongst us.
    Better is good enough.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    Options
    Dailies done, upstairs vacuumed before work, ceiling painted yet again after work and before cooking dinner. That will be the final coat, primarily because I have had enough. It’s a spare-ex-RoD for goodness sake.
    Fleeting visit to the greenhouse to tell the plants to buck their ideas up but it seems that the seeds won’t sow themselves. Another job for the list.
    I didn’t make the grocery shop so Saturday morning it is then.
    Good luck to Jazee and HB for this evening. No voting required here.
    DH is driving me spare dithering over deciding on booking a holiday. For the first time in however many years we can actually go before the general school break up. We have already seen one disappear as booked. If he dithers any longer it will be August already :mad:. I am about to look at ferry crossings - at least we will make our trip to Mademoiselle land if nothing else, as ferry crossings are my domain. ;)
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Back at work. It's hard going. And I had my head bitten off by somebody last thing for stuff that was never anything resembling my fault. They're stressed, apparently. [breathes out slowly]

Found out the only possible position available post-redundancy is a crappy 20-odd hrs at next to stuff-all salary. Hours seemingly timed to make it impossible to get a second job. And to invoke the wrath of Universal Credit for not working enough. Surely that doesn't count as a viable alternative? I don't want to lose the redundancy payment on the basis of thinking 'nah' (even though there's no guarantee of getting it anyway).

Spent the last 4 hours swearing profusely at an online job application as a result. Had to update my CV first, then try and find ways to fill in the boxes without sounding like a complete twit. Why do they do online applications, rather than give you a form to complete wither on your computer or print and fill in? You can't even save a copy [strike]to be able to remember what you've just said[/strike].

Highlights of the application include (try and guess the sort of questions);

[strike]I like having a roof over my head and eating?[/strike] You're great/I'm great/challenge/fluffy bunny stuff/you're great and I'll fit right in. [strike]Honest[/strike]

I've got vaguely connected experience. [strike]Will that do? It's got to be better than answering No and going onto the next box, surely? Oh, hang on, how about I quickly google to find out what on earth you're talking about and pick a couple of seemingly relevant acronyms to chuck in there?[/strike]

I've done similar tasks using the bog standard software bundled with computers, I just had to set them up myself instead of my employers finding bazillions for a very expensive tailormade program. [strike]We've only just stopped using Windows 2000, for heaven's sake and we're permanently firefighting due to a lack of action on pretty much everything. Should I have filled this bit in as n/a, or is this the right way to go about things?[/strike]

Various rubbishy jobs where there's something that might possibly be connected and a fair bit of wibble about it.

Actually, yes I do have experience in those things. [strike]They just didn't acknowledge it because they were rubbish employers and I'm female[/strike]

'After asking for up to 8000 words on this application, we're now going to ask you to send us your CV. [strike]Which tells us exactly the same things, just in an easier to read format'[/strike]

Fine. Have it. [strike]Wouldn't it have been less work for you to just ask for this and a covering letter, as all I've done is rephrase what's here into considerably more words?[/strike]

[sigh].

I don't think I've got a chance, but don't have a choice.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all. Hope you're all ok and welcome to newbies and returners.

Hope you did ok HB. I am now an independent councillor. DH says power corrupts and he'll never believe another word I say.

Paid stuff today and I must hoover (not been done properly for nearly two weeks) and cancel the flipping @mazon prime I accidentally signed up to.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,778 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Spent the last 4 hours swearing profusely at an online job application as a result. Had to update my CV first, then try and find ways to fill in the boxes without sounding like a complete twit. Why do they do online applications, rather than give you a form to complete wither on your computer or print and fill in? You can't even save a copy [strike]to be able to remember what you've just said[/strike].

Screen shot?
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family