Options
12345679»

Comments

• cuddlymarm
    cuddlymarm Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Tink
    Try not to beat yourself up to much. Real life happens and if you hadn’t already been getting your debt down needing your roof done could have been so much worse. I bet it’s frustrating your health issues affecting you working but you need to tell yourself you are doing the best you can and that’s all you can do.
    I hope you didn’t mind me popping by to say this but sometimes a reminder is needed that you are doing a good job.
    Cuddles
    🎄December 🎄 NSDs 11/15
  • Tink_04
    Tink_04 Posts: 1,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks for stopping by Cuddlymarm,

Me and DH had a chat last night and he made me see it's not as bad as it could be. It's all 0% and we are not living off CC for holidays etc it doesn't seem a lot to some people but to us the number feels huge! I constantly worry about what will happen and how we will manage and I think I need to relax it a bit.

We are lucky that we are able to make all of our bill payments, we can make minimum payments on the card easily and aim to overpay as much as possible so that is a good plan ;)

It's finally rained over night and what is a gloomy indoor day for everyone else is a dog walk for us so at least the dog can get out.

Shopping has been delivered so planning to cook this weekend and maybe even get a meal plan sorted.

Week 2 of the holidays next week - need to pick up school jumpers, then it's just getting shoes at the end of August.

Have a nice weekend:j

Tink
    Living the simple life
  • Tink_04
    Options
    Looking at August and it's going to be such a tight month.

I'm trying to plan ahead but can't seem to get past one day at a time at the moment. I keep finding it really hard to focus and work out what needs to be done.

Everything is in 1 place on 0% a payment of £50.60 is due out but I want to make an additional payment of £100 this will take it from £6151.51 to £6000.91 .... I'm not sure if I can cope with that - I think I will need to pay a bit more so I can see a 5 - even if it goes up again when the roof is fully paid :o

The kids still need some school shoes which is the expensive shop at the end of August and I have DS birthday this month and DD has hers next month. I think I need another list! I have some small bits in for them but as they are a bit older you can't buy ahead for them :mad:

Feeling a bit down about things today as I'm panicking :(
    Living the simple life
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Evening Tink :) Your hubby sounds very supportive and I'm he's right when he says it's not as bad as you think it is.

If August is going to be a tight month don't put too much pressure on yourself with over payments. I know hitting that £5K figure would be great but with the DC's birthdays coming up and school related expenses to find I'd really give yourself a bit of breathing space. Any extra payments are always good but don't leave it so you're making things extra hard for yourself - financially or mentally :o

Have a lovely evening and I hope the feeling of panic goes. xx
  • Tink_04
    Options
    I haven't been on here for a bit as I feel I don't have anything to write about at the moment or even any updates? It is such a tight month and we are spinning already and we have not even hit the half way mark yet!

I'm still a bit all over the place but we are plodding along nicely. I have been cooking and the kids have been enjoying the holidays although they are 'bored' a lot!

The weather has turned and gone from sunshine to rain so it's been hard getting the washing dry outside. I have found myself thinking about Autumn and making soups and stews but it's still too warm. Autumn is my favourite season tho and I love the dark nights coming in. We even mentioned the C word and discussed our plans for the holidays this year.

Tink
    Living the simple life
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family