The simple life

Options

Comments

• teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Evening Tink :) At first I thought you meant a store card and was about to say NO but then I realised you meant slow cooker :D

I think it's a fab idea especially if you take pre-prepared packs. We have a caravan and apart from a fish & chip treat I cook everything but I treat myself by buying prepared things that I wouldn't normally buy for home - so microwave veg etc. rather than standing there peeling stuff while everybody else is having fun. I know how to look after myself don't I :rotfl:

I don't use my SC very often and then only for the odd casserole, ham or beef joint but I think you can do pretty much anything in them can't you. :) xx
  • Tink_04
    Tink_04 Posts: 1,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    So annoyed as I had written a long post and it's gone :mad:

I have made a meal plan and it goes in no particular order:

* Chilli tacos/nachos (HM chilli & add micro rice & nacho crisps or taco shells)
    * Fajita wraps (HM chicken fajita & add wraps and jacket potatoes)
    * Chip shop night
    * Pizza :) (From MrA)

Think this will be fine as only away 4 nights.

Breakfasts I have cooked options and cereal.

Lunch will be picnic sandwiches or cheese toasties, I usually take a pie too as it is handy & jacket potatoes can have a variety of toppings if needed.

I have bought drinks and snack stuff for the kids & have so much left from Easter that there is plenty of sweet options if we want to take some along!

Not much debt busting happening today but hoping to make a big payment next week to the SC (store card not slow cooker :rotfl: ) to help with the balance as it needs to be cleared this month.

When we come back from holiday I'm going to do a 6 month forecast for our money and debt busting then I can be a bit more organised and decide what to tackle after this card is gone :j

Tink
    Living the simple life
  • Tink_04
    Options
    27 days - £185 to pay on SC.... I have got this - hoping for a small payment this weekend to keep it moving along.

Tink
    Living the simple life
  • Tink_04
    Options
    Well a small step but still going forwards...

£5 payed to SC - 26 days left £180 left to pay

£1.40 in my 1p a day tub - £33 in there so far :T

Hoping to pay £100 next week then the remaining £80 the week after to clear the card. Fingers crossed all goes to plan!

Tink
    Living the simple life
  • Tink_04
    Options
    Afternoon everyone

Having a lovely (although rainy) family holiday.

Just logged on to pay £100 off the SC ...:D

22 days left and only £85 left to pay!

Really pleased with this - without the support of this site I'm sure I wouldn't be this close! :beer:

Thanks everyone

Tink
    Living the simple life
  • Tink_04
    Options
    Sorry such short updates... the signal is rubbish here :(

Holiday spends coming in under budget as I have cooked and brought meals and snacks with us. Shopping budget slightly over as I bought more treats.

With the rain we have been doing more indoor activities which have cost a bit more but we have saved on the food budget so I don't mind as much.

We are hoping there is a bit less rain tomorrow so we can get out and about a bit more but if not we will still have plenty to do. The kids are happy what ever and it's a lovely place to visit.

Kids are in bed and I'm off soon as I'm wiped after all this activity! (Just logged on quickly to check the DD's and bank balance)

Keep scrimping :p

Tink
    Living the simple life
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning Tink :) Glad you're enjoying your holiday. Even if you break even on the eating at home with extra treats vs. eating out you're a winner :)

Well done on paying £100 off the SC, bet that's given you a massive boost hasn't it. I'm sure the £85 will be gone before you know it.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday. Hope you manage to get out for a while. Weather here is rotten, I'm not too bothered about the rain but it's freezing! xx
  • Tink_04
    Options
    Last day of holiday so just a quick post! Checked the bank and managed another £15 payment so down to £65 now! 20 days left to pay it off :D

I love how all these little payments are adding up nicely :T

Tink
    Living the simple life
  • Tink_04
    Options
    Thanks tea for 2! The sun has finally came out so we are making the most of our last day :j

The kids are exhausted and will need a chill out weekend. We have gone over budget by £60 - not too bad really as with the weather being so bad we have paid for a lot more indoor activities this time.

Tink
    Living the simple life
  • Tink_04
    Options
    :) Well today has been a good day all round!

Everyone had a lie in and I have had 3 lots of washing done - I like going away but like getting back home too.

I have paid £50 off the SC so it's down to £15 :D really pleased with this, I'm definitely going to get this cleared by the end of the month and I can't wait to be one debt down :T

Really couldn't have done this without everyone on this site!

Oh and 49p in my 1p a day jar ;)

Tink
    Living the simple life
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills