Musicmagpie.co.uk is lying to me!

1235»

Comments

• I recently sent Musicmagpie a nearly new Samsung mobile and they have just e-mailed me to say that they cannot pay for it as it is locked with a Google account. This is 100% not the case as it was completely wiped before I sent it to them and does not show on my Google account. I cannot believe how they are blatantly scamming me like this. Have they ever been investigated as they quite clearly a criminal organisation?
  • ivinsp
    ivinsp Posts: 272 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Did you remove the Google account before wiping as it stays on a lot of modern phones as a security process when lost or stolen, this happened to me on buying a second hand phone that the seller wiped but did not remove the account first, this might help, https://support.google.com/photos/thread/1905960?hl=en
  • PHK
    PHK Posts: 1,278 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Terviseks said:
    I recently sent Musicmagpie a nearly new Samsung mobile and they have just e-mailed me to say that they cannot pay for it as it is locked with a Google account. This is 100% not the case as it was completely wiped before I sent it to them and does not show on my Google account. I cannot believe how they are blatantly scamming me like this. Have they ever been investigated as they quite clearly a criminal organisation?

Factory Reset Protection means that when a phone starts up after its wiped, you need to login with an account that has previously been used on it. Regardless of whether it's shows on your Google dashboard as being linked. (Otherwise anyone finding a phone could just wipe it).

So before you wipe a phone, you need to make sure that you sign out of the Google account beforehand. 
  • dbsquirrel
    dbsquirrel Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    dllive said:
    Hi

I had a perfectly god phone that I wanted to sell. I sent it to musicmagpie.co.uk. Ive just had an email saying that theres liquid damage on the screen and they will only offer me £3!!!

I know the phone was perfectly fine - there was nothing wrong with the screen (no white dots/no dead pixels etc...).

Is this what they do? Has anyone else had experience with them? Ive sold a few old mobiles with mazuma etc and never had any problems.

Thanks
    - Just going through the same thing now, I've actually used them for a few years and it's been but the last 6 months? They've got even more shifty with a couple of orders I've sent.

Latest is my phone, nothing wrong with it, I actually didn't do the eBay thing because I thought this was easier but now.... they're saying that a phone in perfect working order suddenly is damaged. I asked them to escalate my complaint and asked for proof. 

Let's see how we get on....
  • dbsquirrel
    Just had my Huawei returned from Musicmagpie, it was sent in excellent condition in its original box with charger and leads, I turned down their derogatory offer which had gone down to £3.00 from £30.00 saying that the screen exhibited white spots. I can only assume that the phone was sent back via the Sahara desert as the screen appears to have been in a severe sandstorm and sat on by a camel as it is now cracked in two places! well done Musicmagpie but you had to pay to send it back to me and at least I have a spare charger now, I don't really care about the phone and I will never use your service again, I leave the reader to make their own conclusions.
    How long did it take to come back to you? Mine was also in bubble-wrap, etc, and well packed! 
  • dbsquirrel
    Thankfully got my phone back, there's an arrow sticker on there saying 'damage' and there is no damage.
    I also asked for proof but they changed their story from liquid damage to white spots, that they couldn't prove.
    They also haven't paid me for half of the CDs I sent, saying they were missing, when they were not and everything was checked beforehand, if you're sending, I seriously advise taking pictures.
  • bewilderednurse
    bewilderednurse Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    dllive said:
    Hi

I had a perfectly god phone that I wanted to sell. I sent it to musicmagpie.co.uk. Ive just had an email saying that theres liquid damage on the screen and they will only offer me £3!!!

I know the phone was perfectly fine - there was nothing wrong with the screen (no white dots/no dead pixels etc...).

Is this what they do? Has anyone else had experience with them? Ive sold a few old mobiles with mazuma etc and never had any problems.

Thanks
    Scammed me too... I'm going to publish my experience it's been a 4 day trauma with nothing but lies from them and to spite me refusing their offer and demanding them return it the cracked my phone screen. Utter con artists... I'm starting a group to gather evidence, I keep hearing similar stories https://m.facebook.com/groups/421520067139016/?ref=share 
  • bewilderednurse
    xNaomi said:
    I've just sent a macbook to them. Very good condition, few signs of normal wear and tear. Worked perfectly. They've just dropped my offer from £190 to £18 as apparently the lid hinge is broken (it was fine when I sent it yesterday and no signs of weakness).

I'm obviously not going to take their offer as the laptop is worth a lot more than that. Hoping when they send it back that it wont be broken but really dont think this will be the case. Dont know how they are allowed to get away with this
    Had a similar experience from these con artists https://m.facebook.com/groups/421520067139016/?ref=share 
  • bewilderednurse
    Alex2011 said:
    Had similar issue, sent the iPhone locked to EE network, they come back to me telling that phone is unlocked therefore they will pay £15 less, no way is acceptable as unlocked phones normally cost more and phone is definitely locked to EE and never was unlocked, so requested to return my phone back and two weeks later managed to get original fee as they promised as it seems to me every operator telling different lies, so I have mentioned on last call do I need to report their company to police? as clearly they do try to scam people and my phone was lost, so last operator spoke to manager and they did paid me as agreed within 24 hours.

Based on experience I will never use them again as they are scam artists!
    Had similar experience from these con artists
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/421520067139016/?ref=share

• bewilderednurse
    Fatbrain said:
    I sent a 10 month old Samsung S8 to Music Magpie. The phone was in perfect condition. But 2 days later I got a message that there were some pixels missing so they would offer me £300 less. I asked them to return the phone.

It seems they quote the highest price online, only for them to find faults and reduce the amount payable. I would have believed my phone was faulty if it wasn't for the posts on here, which makes me wonder if this is their customary policy.

Avoid!
    Happened to me to got totally scammed https://m.facebook.com/groups/421520067139016/?ref=share 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback