PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 22nd April 2019

Options

Comments

• Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning.
    Bed stripped. Wm loaded for later.
    LR dusted and vacuumed.
    Off to work now. I’m hoping for a a short day as my To Do list is growing, but I can feel a looonnggg day coming on.
    Have a lovely day all. X
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Fayolle wrote: »
    Hmmmm.... not a lot of flying though - unlike Round :T

Thank you Fayolle xx Oh my - the joy of walking down clean stairs :D and in to a pot-free kitchen :D:D

And I'm in front of the list (well in one respect) - I vacuumed the landing yesterday :D Although at this house we call it hoovering - technically I guess yesterday I goblined :rotfl:

What must it be like to live in a whole house that's clean? Dreams...
    Well, I'm two dots nearer than I was this time yesterday :T

I'm going to visit a friend for coffee at 10.30 today - so the plan is to WUDUPA in my nightie - then go up and shower/ wash hair/ get dressed.

Note to self: call at garage on way home and book Pip in for MOT. Ideally I would have had that sorted for this week while I'm off work, but heyho …

Have a good day
    Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,864 Forumite
    Options
    Morning

Machine walk done
    Dishwasher sorted
    Kitchen done

Fayolle, my bike and I only go in public on the road for the shortest time possible before I get into the local park............I would hate to cause an accident on the road..............if I fall off / wobble off in the park hopefully it will be on to grass next to the path................

Other boring stuff to do today, like running OH into big city so he can get a train, then off round a large supermarket there.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all, I'm still here, but not much flying has been done this week. But today has got off to a better start. Kitchen has been tidied and all washing up done, surfaces throughly cleaned (as cat had peed ). Did get all the admin bits done on Tuesday morning before I went to work and therefore am not facing a huge backlog today.
    Would like to sort under sink cupboard so I can perhaps put bread machine and multi chopping machine in there thus making it easier to clean. Then next on the list is my bedroom for a big sort out, but going to attack it bit by bit, one shelf or drawer at a time. Must do job for today is getting insurance claim sent off.
    See you all later
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Banking up to date (not pleased with extra spending that is happening at the moment)
    WM on

DW just finished so will go and unload it.

Need to plan for dinner.
  • shirlgirl2004
    shirlgirl2004 Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 25 April 2019 at 1:56PM
    Options
    Argh I need a kick up the backside. :( I feel like my wings have been clipped even though I know I need to fly. Folded some clothes off the airer and shivering under a blanket because I feel really cold. I know I should get up and move to warm up. I've put the heating on and am going to be realistic and start at 1 pm in my bedroom and see how much I can get done before the school run.

ETA: S&S bathrooms, robot vacuum cleaner set off in bedroom, bathrooms, landing and family room. Flopped; no energy but the house is warm now.
  • Goodintentions
    Goodintentions Posts: 1,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Good afternoon :D

We are having a new sink fitted tomorrow! :j I have put on the DW and that has finished, so now needs emptying & restacking. I also need to peel some carrots for dinner for the ankle biters before the school run while the baby sleeps. I only have 4 after dinner, but today's combination is always a noisy one :(

I need some good vibes from the Flylady collective..... my brother has recently had a big op. He was doing really well and came out of hospital on Monday. However, he got taken back in last night with a high temp and high white cell count. He is in theatre at the moment to check that nothing is leaking from where they removed a lump (in his oesophagus). He has also developed pneumonia :(

Hugs, sticks and spoons to those that need them x

PS Kaz it sounds like we have the same bike riding skills!! :D
  • shirlgirl2004
    shirlgirl2004 Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Get well wishes to your brother Goodintentions.

Just the kick I need to get going; be grateful for your health. Do the chores whilst you can. Off to S&S the kitchen surfaces x
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,086 Forumite
    Options
    I fell :(

I booked Pip in for MOT next Tuesday, went to friend's for coffee and a long natter, called at PO to pay the rent, then at Mr C00p for some lunch - came home, got out of Pip, went to pick up the recently emptied recycling boxes and cockled over on my right ankle - not broken (thank goodness) but ouchie. Landed on my left knee, boob, and hand (more ouchies) and squashed my shopping! :o

Now feeling sorry for myself and watching my ankle swell up :o Looks like it'll be sitting down jobs this afternoon then. I have a pile of paperwork to wade through - so I can crack on with that.

Posivibes and get well wishes being sent through the airwaves to goodintentions' brother xx and to anyone else who needs them

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,864 Forumite
    Options
    Roundtuit, if your ankle is swelling, put it up on a stool and put a bag of frozen peas on it for a bit.

Goodintentions, hope your brother is OK, if it stops raining I am off out on my bike, before the kids get out of school and cross the park on the way home, I wouldn't want to run any of the little darlings over,:D:D and I am a mence on the road! :rotfl:

I am / will I hope improve on my bike, time will tell.

More general stuff done, inc the cupboard under the stairs.

Must finish off and post company accounts either later on today or tomorrow, that will be my mission next, shouldn't take too long, but I spend longer thinking about doing them than doing, if that makes sense.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills