PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 22nd April 2019

Options

Comments

• dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 23 April 2019 at 10:39PM
    Options
    Thinking of you Jojo. x

2 sofa throws washed ( someone had gotten Easter eggs on them)
    All sinks and drain flushed with soda crystals
    Bird feeders filled Mr Squirrel has learnt how to empty one.
    HHG done

Plants removed from my parents drain and her sink plug hole treated
    Parents house vacuumed
    Several calls made to shuffle around appointments
    Spent most of the day with dancegran as her GP was supposed to be visiting. Apparently it has moved to tomorrow.
    I stupidly thought that if we booked their annual service they could turn the gas to the hob off would be free. Not so £70 to turn it off then £160 to reconnect if necessary.

Need an early night as I have to take DS2 to school on public transport in the morning as if he does the independent travel training course then school transport will be withdrawn. We need to get 3 buses.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    fed up.. did stacks of sorting and flinging and shifting and chucking today to find radiators so the CH could be power flushed and he barely touched any of them.. What a messy waste of mess making time that was. He never even made a start on the bathroom and made excuses to try to not start it tomorrow too.. I am NOT a happy little chicken right now and if he fluffs up my shower and bath I will be really flipping angry.. I've waited a LONG time for this shower (7 years its been since I last managed a shower or bath in my own house!!!!!) so this is a really big deal! Sacrificing a radiator in the bathroom for the time being.. I'm looking at selling on the one which is being removed (which originally cost £300!!) and looking at a narrow vertical one to be put in which will mean moving the tall cupboard which may or may not fit on the landing.. and I may have OH build a made to measure unit for under the sink or get a wall unit or something/anything... plans still pootling about in my head.

Electrician needed to move my shower cord.. and I am still pondering the practicalities of a boiling water tap.. my kettle gets boiled about 400 times a day for about 12 cups of tea.. it cannot cost more. My next huge (pricey!) job is a downstairs loo.. it is in my head.. it will get done.

OH has been tasked with doing a gate for my sisters yard so her muttley can go out safely.. thats a measuring up job for Friday and a job for next week. We are also planning another trundle off to manchester to pick up some dining chairs and plants and a mirror and stuff.. I really don't think it will be convenient but, needs must I guess!

No one has been sick today and everyone is back to school tomorrow.. Dot has a farm trip tomorrow and Pixie has the same trip on Thursday.. must make pack ups!!

OH has the fridge to de-ice too.. I can't do it any more it sets my reynauds off and my fingers drop off lol.

DD2 moves into her first non-shared house on the 1st May so I get rid of more gubbins from my house.. I am SO incredibly excited by this prospect.. I have loads of kitchen bits to rehome and chests of drawers and so many things!

Tomorrows jobs.. Empty a bookcase, empty the bathroom, laundry catch up, clear all the dirty pots etc and get them in cupboards.. maybe sort a pile for DD2. post 2 ebeast parcels. organise May budget and pay a holiday chunk.. It needs to be fully paid by the 10th June so I need to crack on with it.. I then need to make a good start on christmas.. and it is DD2's prom this year so I need to do that.. this is starting to look like a Toots list haha!!!!

Right now though..

Pack up for Dot, Hair washed, refill my juice bottle.. cuppa maybe and bedtime..

Love and hugs to all and sundry and furry and needy..
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,437 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    <<Last edited by dancemum; Today at 10:39 PM. Reason: Plants not pants removed from drain :)>>
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,017 Forumite
    Options
    my head is done in.. I have messaged the guy who was doing the bathroom and told him I am leaving it as it is.. I just can't do this..

My brain is frazzled.. and my house is destroyed and I cannot face any more disruption.. I need some order and all I have is chaos. I need some practical, sensible help and no one is helping.

I have given every last bit of energy and strength I have and I'm done.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,921 Forumite
    Options
    Piggers, we have one of those one cup water boilers, just boils enough to fill a mug. Wouldn't be without it. The other option is to make up a flask of tea, or just put hot water in, a flask. We still have a kettle for those times you need more than a mug full of water.

Morning all, back to the paid stuff today and it looks like it might rain between shifts so may not get the grass cut.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    Hugs and good wishes to all who need them.
    Looking forward to going back to work as being in the house is polarising the fact DH is no longer here with me. For that reason I'm actually dog sitting this week as dd2 is away for the week and think she was worried about me being home alone, so I have a hulking great dog keeping me company and giving me big brown eyed sympathetic looks when I need them most. I have done lots of crafting and gardening this week just to keep busy. Round mils this morning to cook her a lamb casserole, she has some that needs using up. Tomorrow my sister is taking me to see our Dad who is increasingly frail now.
    Right I need to stop moping and go and feed the dog, and make some kind of start on the mountain of this I should be doing.

Have a good day all x
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,850 Forumite
    Options
    Daily stuff done
    Bins have been emptied
    2 hours of gardening done
    I've been out on my new to me bike for about an hour, I am too much of a danger at the moment to the public highways!:eek: so I have been in the local park on the cycle way thank goodness there was no one else on the bit I was on.:rotfl: my legs ache, and my butt well that aches as well, I have no idea why as it has plenty of padding on it! clearly I need to do more of this cycling and I am so unfit.................

Jojo can you list the old wm on eby or facebook as 'spare parts only ' buy to collect cash on collection £10 or what ever.

MrsMP sounds like dog sitting is a wonderful idea.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,031 Forumite
    Options
    Morning - just :wave:

Very s-l-o-w start today. Actually wondered if I was ill :o but I suspect feeling so sluggish has more to do with what I've been eating than any circulating virus :o Or it could be the backlash from the hoo-haa at work??

Anyhoo I'm washed and dressed and I've made my bed, fed the birds, put out the rubbish and recycling. paid the window cleaner, and put a bowl of pots to soak. Oh and I've renewed Sweetie's seed and water - he just reminded me :D

I'll WUDUPA that bowl of pots before lunch.

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,921 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all. First shift done. I've made the bed, put yesterday's dry washing away, walked the dogs and cut the grass.

Just about to wash dishes and finish dailies then I have some paperwork to do.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,084 Forumite
    edited 26 April 2019 at 10:25AM
    Options
    (((Hugs))) Mrs MP and Dancemum. (You may have edited it to say plants instead of pants, but I still read it as pants! Weird.)
    You sound exhausted, Piggers. Re-establishing some calm in your own soul by postponing everything that's disruptive as you can sounds like a good idea.
    Well done for figuring out the problem with the WM, Jojo. (((Hugs)))

Probable reason for dog snarling and growling was a dose of Valerian, rapidly followed by a very dodgy tummy. I hope so because otherwise we have a serious problem. Devil Cat reacted to it by becoming extremely flighty, the exact opposite of what it's supposed to do, as well. Fingers crossed.

So I'm stuck in my office with a poorly dog who I think and hope has downloaded everything she had inside her, and has finally accepted some freshly cooked chicken so I could get some magical probiotic paste into her, and intend to spend the rest of the day sorting out paperwork and then flying in here because it needs it and so does she. At least the cats are safe.

I've composed my list and it's got 20 jobs on it and that's before I start cleaning.
    Better is good enough.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport