The Last Furlong

Options

Comments

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You and DGS did have a lovely time SG. I love York as well. Hopefully my retirement place.....

Move is going well too. Won't be long now.....:)
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad that you had a lovely time :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sunshine_girl2
    Options
    I am still here , just. Carpets are down now and the whole place looks light and bright . There are lots of changes I would like to make but all in good time. Need to sort out vertical blinds this week, there are some up but they are very old . Today I am just moving a few more things to new place and then having a rest.

In RL I had another curve ball thrown my way on Friday , not unexpected but definitely shocked me. I have to move on from the incident but feel greatly saddened that the situation came to the end it did. However the one thing that can't change are my memories .

Today is payday, present landlord is only asking for one weeks rent, so the rest will pay my rent on new place. September will be the first real payday that a new budget will apply. I have also had a small pay rise this month , all money welcome .

The only big expense left to pay with moving is the removal man , next Saturday. I do now feel after Friday that this move is the next phase of my life and the fresh start I need.

Shopping list to make but trying not to buy much food . Next week I have GS again Wednesday and Thursday, but not having either of them Friday , to much to do. Wednesday we are going into our big town to a museum that will bore me , but GS will be delighted. Only 2 days in work as well?

Thanks to everyone who reads my ramblings.
    Debt free April 26th 2021

• beanielou
    Options
    Sorry to read about your curve ball. :(
    Not long to go now:)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,576 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry to here life has thrown things your way. Onwards and upwards to your new life in your new home.
    Finances will sort themselves again once your settled and have time to create a plan of action.
    Enjoy your last week in your old house. Here’s to a smooth move for you :o
    January spends - £587.58
  • Sunshine_girl2
    Options
    Sometimes you have to let things drop for the good of everyone , this I have realised is a big deal to me . I am like a bull in a china shop and won't listen and do as I think right . However for once I am going to do the right thing and walk away.

This will make no sense to anyone but me , but it feels better writing it down.

My aim for the week now is to survive it and move next Saturday.
    Debt free April 26th 2021

• BalanceBy50
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your curve ball. I am sure your move will be the start of a wonderful phase in your life. Also you never ramble - love your thoughts and comments xx
  • beanielou
    Options
    Have a good week.
    Not long til moving day :)

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Things will work out SG - here's to the next phase in your life and a hassle-free move!
    x
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I think you are right to walk away Sunshine. If you can't change the situation then it's healthy to move on from it.

Good luck with your move to the new flat and good news about the small pay rise :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure