My year of living dangerously - Page 7

New Post Advanced Search

My year of living dangerously

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
820 replies 54.8K views

Replies

• doingitanywaydoingitanyway Forumite
    5.9K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    mark88man wrote: »
    I know what you mean when you are just unsettled and do not know why. A long walk and a light supper sounds like a perfect plan.

Well done on energy. I agree being mindful and focussed does work, but I am not often mindful for long enough to make a difference
    I didn't do the walk or the shop although i did both today. I didn't think I had been aware for long enough to make a difference either. Turns out I had :)
    beanielou wrote: »
    Great news on the energy account :)
    I know. Really pleased :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
  • edited 24 April 2019 at 5:18PM
    doingitanywaydoingitanyway Forumite
    5.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 24 April 2019 at 5:18PM
    I know I spend too much on food, but on the other hand I use Ald1 and L1dl much more than I used to pre car and my MnS food hall habit is under control, so I am better. ;) I also ignore the urge to add wine to my trolley. There is room for improvement but I am not THAT BAD. I even resisted reduced price G&B Easter eggs…;)

I’ve decided I will supplement the cheap shop with posh shop YS items when I can and today inspired by another diary I did a YS shop. I did buy a few full price items (apples, nice butter, spices I can’t get elsewhere and mushrooms) and I won’t bore you with the details but I did very well:

Top 3 YS buys today :money:

3 tubs of buffalo cheese, reduced from £3.35 each to 49p each.
    Will make a teff flour base and an anchovy tomato sauce and voila! Pizza time!

1 guinea fowl reduced to half price.
    I have quinoa and red rice and lime to make a stuffing. Having with garlic greens

Gluten free bread was £2.60 reduced to 56p and got a £1 off with a voucher, so they paid me 35p to take it.

In other news work was quiet and the house is a mess again. I seem to want to watch rubbish TV and drink cups of tea instead of putting it right. Oh dear…

Also payroll messed up my pay :mad:

I hope your day has gone well :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
  • HairyHandofDartmoorHairyHandofDartmoor Forumite
    12.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry your pay is messed up :( but you got some good YS bargains :).

You may not feel like cleaning the house because you're tired? Perhaps an early night would help.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £1,500/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £50/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £144.37/£500
    PREMIUM BONDS ME = £300. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300
    5.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry your pay is messed up :( but you got some good YS bargains :).

You may not feel like cleaning the house because you're tired? Perhaps an early night would help.
    Good point. I think I will have a relaxing evening and early night. The cleaning can wait ...
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    72.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Cleaning can always wait!!
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • in_need_of_directionin_need_of_direction Forumite
    6.6K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use sb vouchers for mns food shopping
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £60212.93 Offset fund today 1366.16 target £2000 by 31/12/20
    Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:j
    Weight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 13st 5lb
    determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes.
    Progress not perfection.:T
    5.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    beanielou wrote: »
    Cleaning can always wait!!
    Thanks beanie. Up early and the dishes are all done now ;)
    I use sb vouchers for mns food shopping
    For some reason even with vouchers and YS I spend more in MnS than anywhere else...
  • Sunshine_girl2Sunshine_girl2 Forumite
    874 posts
    500 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    I have a M&S food hall just a few mins away. I always get my gf bread on yellow sticker . I have to make myself just go straight for that or otherwise who knows what I would come home with !

Hope you feel less tired today and manage to get your house to rights if you so wish. There is always tomorrow. Have payroll sorted things out for you?

Everything sounding good at the minute , not many weeks left before self employment, how exciting .
    12 more loan payments to debt freedom.

£2590.08 loan balance, Aug 2020

• edited 25 April 2019 at 8:45AM
    in_need_of_directionin_need_of_direction Forumite
    6.6K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 25 April 2019 at 8:45AM
    I do too but none of it goes to waste and the nutritional info is really good
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £60212.93 Offset fund today 1366.16 target £2000 by 31/12/20
    Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:j
    Weight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 13st 5lb
    determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes.
    Progress not perfection.:T
    5.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are drinks at work tomorrow but I've sent a message that I won't be going. There is a weird mood at work and I want to minimise being with work folk. I suspect with a few drinks it will get worse not better. Also it is an expensive city bar so I will pass :money:

This morning I will be going to Tai Chi. I have become horribly inactive so despite not fancying it I MUST GO.

I am taking a portable breakfast (kefir/fruit/seeds) and after class I will be going to a coffee shop (taking my cup for a discount) where I will have breakfast :money:

Today is cheap film day so I will see a film this afternoon for £3.00 including a coffee :money:

I set up my Christmas club account yesterday :money:

Have a good day everyone :)