We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

TV faulty after less than 6 months.

Options
1235»

Comments

• WTF64
    WTF64 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    neilmcl wrote: »
    Trust me, unless we're talking high-end OLED TVs, I'd put my ageing top of the range Panasonic plasma against any other type of today's TV when it comes to overall picture quality.

WAS top of the range you mean....times have moved on my friend but I agree with you about one thing. My high end OLED is lovely.:)
  • George_Michael
    George_Michael Posts: 4,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    WTF64 wrote: »
    I don't find your choice of equipment funny at all, because I imagine that's still quite hi-tech to you and it would be cruel to scoff.

Surely the fact that it is still going strong after so many years shows that it is a high quality piece of equipment.

What would be really cruel to scoff at would be someone who thinks a £300 dishwasher is a high end appliance and should last as long as one costing many times more.
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 14,248 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    LilElvis wrote: »
    I thought you had already noted that we all seem to have clapped out, obsolete old tellies.

The sprog is listening to music on her Amazon Echo Dot which is recent tech, but only cost 25 quid so doesn't meet your criteria.

My dishwasher is top of the range though, and still working well despite being 60 years old. As mentioned earlier in the thread, he's my husband.
    Some people just have to have the latest tech, even when it comes to dishwashers which can cost as much as £300 for a top model. Phew, that's out of my range. :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport