New Post Advanced Search

Fine for entering wrong vehicle reg

239 replies 8.9K views

Replies

• familyguy321familyguy321 Forumite
    191 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Thanks Coupon-Mad, will do.

Did you get a chance to review my proposed response to OPS in my previous post? Is it clear enough about the records I am after?

FG
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    86.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it looked fine. Expect another knock back, then try again like a stuck record.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • edited 30 May 2019 at 1:23PM
    familyguy321familyguy321 Forumite
    191 posts
    edited 30 May 2019 at 1:23PM
    Copy of PCN rejection letter below. They have completely ignored the 2 requests I made in my appeal:

- If the allegation concerns a PDT machine, the data supplied in response to this appeal must include the record of payments made - showing partial VRNs - and an explanation of the reason for the PCN, because your Notice does not explain it.

- you must include a close up actual photograph of the sign you contend was at the location on the material date.

fc5f49efada6928dc52253ea2e5fd0e9-full.jpg

https://cdn1.imggmi.com/uploads/2019/5/18/9904303ffc6d95a260513065f515f416-full.jpg
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    28.9K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copy of PCN rejection letter below. They have completely ignored the 2 requests I made in my appeal:

- If the allegation concerns a PDT machine, the data supplied in response to this appeal must include the record of payments made - showing partial VRNs - and an explanation of the reason for the PCN, because your Notice does not explain it.

- you must include a close up actual photograph of the sign you contend was at the location on the material date.

fc5f49efada6928dc52253ea2e5fd0e9-full.jpg

9904303ffc6d95a260513065f515f416-full.jpg

They were never going to answer awkward questions. The initial appeal is simply designed to elicit a POPLA Code.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    191 posts
    Understood. When is it advisable to submit the POPLA appeal - asap or wait close to the 28 days?
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    86.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The third post of the NEWBIES thread explains all about POPLA.

No rush but no need to delay either.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Woody510Woody510 Forumite
    50 posts
    That just so happens to be the exact machine that HX Car parking management use as well. This machine is awful and appears to be extremely faulty and glitchy. Although you were able to enter some digits I wasn't able to and have just been to court today and won. Do you by any chance still have a copy of the ticket the machine printed out?
    191 posts
    Woody510 wrote: »
    That just so happens to be the exact machine that HX Car parking management use as well. This machine is awful and appears to be extremely faulty and glitchy. Although you were able to enter some digits I wasn't able to and have just been to court today and won. Do you by any chance still have a copy of the ticket the machine printed out?

Hi Woody, thanks for the info. Unfortunately, ticket was thrown away.

Do you have a thread with details of the steps you took? If not, could you please send me your POPLA appeal?
  • edited 30 May 2019 at 1:51PM
    familyguy321familyguy321 Forumite
    191 posts
    edited 30 May 2019 at 1:51PM
    RK received second response from OPS regarding SAR.

As a reminder, their original response to the SAR is detailed in Post 37.

In response, RK sent following email:
    For the attention of the Data Protection Officer,

Thank you for the information provided. With regards to the data from your PDT machine, this has not been produced in line with my request.

For clarity, could you please provide me with a redacted copy of any records from the PDT machines within GS Car Park, Mansfield Street, Leicester, LE1 3DL on 22 March 2019 between 16:23 and 16:40. These records should include payments made during this period that are not matched to a vehicle recorded as present.

I look forward to hearing back from you shortly.

OPS have now responded with:
    Dear <RK name>,

We are not obliged to share information from the pay & display machine unless it relates to your vehicle.

As previously stated, your vehicle does not feature on the data.

Is this right? Surely they can provide records of payments that are not matched to a vehicle within that timeframe?
  • QuentinQuentin Forumite
    40.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Woody, ........
    Do you have a thread with details of the steps you took? If not, could you please send me your POPLA appeal?

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5940013