Weight Watchers Support

Options

Comments

• suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well unofficially ( my scales, mid week weigh in ) says 15LB off which has perked me up a bit ( not totally ) and I know feel like I can see the wood for the trees

Birthday weekend this one, away for 3 nights next one, being not in a good place means exercise, the one thing I should keep up has gone to pot, but as I said further up the page, the journey has started and I need another 10lb off which will make me a gold member and I will do it
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Hope you all had a lovely bank holiday and are ready to keep going and take it up a notch.

Suki. Well done on the 15lb loss. That's fantastic. Enjoy your birthday.

Well I conducted a little experiment. I reintroduced grains, mainly wheat, into my diet on a daily basis. I did it for 2 weeks, eating at least one portion of wheat per day.

I gained 2lbs but more tellingly at the end of the experiment I felt terrible. My tummy just wasn't happy. Then, I stopped eating grains again and went back to paleo style eating and now, two day, later my tummy is settling again and feels much happier.

So I think it's pretty clear now that I need to stick to paleo and wheat has to be a treat rather than a diet staple. An occasional bread roll or piece of cake and a very occasional bowl of pasta or portion of couscous. No pizza and no rice.

At least I now know for sure so can make the right choices.

So now I need to shift the 2lb weight gain and then go for the next half stone.

I'll get there.
  • suki1964
    Options
    Its amazing how wheat effects us as we get older isn't it? I too have cut back the wheat dramatically and I have to say I really do notice if I fall of the wagon and have white bread in particular

I had a lovely birthday thank you :)

Unfortunately I tripped over the kitten on the stairs whilst going down them Sunday morning with a pile of washing in my arms :( Luckily the stairs being concrete, they suffered no damage whatsoever lol. Myself is another matter and Im laid up as high as a kite on pain killers and anti inflammatories. I cant sit, I cant stand, cant turn my head, but at least Im giggling at anything and everything lololol

Healthy eating is away out the window, exercise is away as well. I cant drive so class is also out the window this week. Im just hoping Ill be fit enough for Liverpool Saturday

But like you, Ill get there with the weight loss, even if it takes me longer then I want. This is just a blip, not the end
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    OMG. Suki. That was a lucky one. At least you haven't broken any bones but I bet you are both shaken up and as sore as hell.

Take It easy. If you can manage Epsom salt baths that might help. And perhaps a gentle massage when you can bear to be touched.

You're right not the time to be worrying over dieting, just rest and get well. Maybe a few nice films and a couple of good books although if you high on painkillers it might be hard to concentrate on reading.

Lots of nice funny films to make you laugh and release those endorphins.

Get well soon. Xx
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,390 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have stayed the same for ages now and thought I should get back on WW.:D

The hot weather really throws me off for some reason. At least it is a bit more bearable now.

I'm meeting some friends that I haven't seen in years in September so that is spurring me on at the moment.

I've had a smoothie and some oven roasted chickpeas on a slice of toast today.

I'm thinking about making some veggie wraps later as I have lots of salad stuff in the fridge.
    suki1964 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I tripped over the kitten on the stairs whilst going down them Sunday morning with a pile of washing in my arms :( Luckily the stairs being concrete, they suffered no damage whatsoever lol. Myself is another matter and Im laid up as high as a kite on pain killers and anti inflammatories. I cant sit, I cant stand, cant turn my head, but at least Im giggling at anything and everything lololol

:eek: I hope you are feeling a bit better.
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Hi everyone

I'm another one who has stayed the same. My own fault. Too much "living the good life" :rotfl: Dining out etc.

Really need to get back on the wagon if I'm to shift that last half stone.

Time to up my game......
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I made a batch of lentil soup and some low fat bean dip this morning. I am going to order lots of fruit and veg in the shopping.:cool:
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    I'm just back from Asda....I timed it right, they were putting out all their reduced veg. Did a stock up so no excuse now. Lots of healthy veg heavy meals. ;)
  • suki1964
    Options
    Hi guys

A quick check in. I’m in Liverpool and loving every minute of the trip. Still on v.strong pain relief but I spoke to my doctor before we flew and got half strength ones to take during the day so I can at least function. I save the strong boys for night time so I’m only slightly spaced out lol

Food wise, well we came for curry and that’s what we had Saturday night and will do again tonight. No skimping, I’m ordering what ever I like. We aren’t eating breakfast but grabbing a sandwich whilst out when we are hungry. Last night we fell and into company and realised at 8pm we hadn’t eaten and ended up in a all you can eat Chinese buffet for a take out. And luckily it was absolutely disgusting so was dumped after a few mouthfuls ( next time Mr S might listen to me when I say let me look at reviews ) lol

So between not getting enough exercise and drinking more then my fair share of strongbow, the scales are a thing to be feared this week :(
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Options
    I made a batch of lentil soup and some low fat bean dip this morning. I am going to order lots of fruit and veg in the shopping.:cool:

Have you got the bean dip recipe please hun? X:D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family