PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 1st April 2019

Options

Comments

• Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    A fully plastered room is a thing of beauty. Are you onto the fun/decorative stuff now, or is there still more 'you won't ever see this, but it costs a lot of money' work to do?

Unfortunately more of the invisible stuff to do first - repairing floorboards first apparently, which DH had conveniently forgotten to mention until yesterday. And there was me thinking that this might be a finished room fairly soon. I have already read the riot act about moving his “treasures” from the other RoD to this one. **sigh**.
    Welcome back Goodintentions :hello:

Job 2 done for today. Off in a minute to pick up DD then I have a money shuffle to do as the weekly email reminded me that I had to :money: I did run the vacuum around the upstairs before I left but no chance on getting me to open the window as per the list today!
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,097 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 4 April 2019 at 5:07PM
    Options
    kazwookie wrote: »
    I am in a size 14 jeans!!!! and chuffed to bits.

Well done! It doesn't matter if they're a bit snug - the fact that you're in them means you'll have all the motivation in the world to keep going.

Welcome back GI! (((Hugs))) for Narco, Mrs MP, and Lamewolf. Life can be trying at times; I hope things ease up. Happy holidays, ATB.

Sorry about the smashed schnozy-beak, Ionafan. *Healing vibes* heading your way. I hope Debby and Rosie can have a playdate very soon; she's definitely ours tomorrow, so we'll be on the road for most of the day.

Thank you for the suggestion of Dobby, Jazee; it's genius. He's my favourite H Potter character, too. As for standing in local elections - I stand every time there are elections here (three out of four years). I don't campaign, I'm what's called a Paper Candidate for the Party I belong to, but it means I get to go to The Count, and I do love a bit of democracy in action. It's a long night but well worth attending if you haven't been to one before.

I've been busy fielding a cold that won't quite fully come out or go away, but I've also done a big job in the communal garden I've been meaning to do for six months, planted roughly 100 bulbs, turned out my bedside cabinet drawer and top, and nursed OH through a short but violent tummy bug. He's much better now, but a bit cautious about what he eats. Lots of washing done, dried and put away while the weather was fine, lots of washing up done, and I'm about to make a dessert for a meal with new neighbours tonight.

And the house is as dog-ready as I can get it, which is what's really important.
    Better is good enough.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Evening all, I've had a lovely, calm day. A little frustrating at times, but generally full of mindfulness. Here's my updated list.

[STRIKE]Put all dry washing away[/STRIKE] last bits that weren't dry this morning have just been put away.
    [STRIKE]Rearrange still wet stuff so it dries quicker.
    Shredding[/STRIKE] 3 lots done inbetween some sorting for the next item on the list.
    [STRIKE]Hhc in the loft/office can I get more stuff out of the house?[/STRIKE] 1 bin bag to tip, 1 large shopping bag to cs, 1 small shopping bag of ancient electricals in the appropriate skip at the tip. I think I'm going to have to slow the decluttering down a bit for a while. Hubby may start to notice how empty certain parts of the house are.
    [STRIKE]Pick up a cross stitch book from a friend's. [/STRIKE]
    Drop some magazine boxes at a friends?? (Needs arranging) not done. Not even arranged. Oops
    [STRIKE]Clear my car out.[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]de ice the car to take Pickle to the childminder's[/STRIKE]

This evening I've got a couple of bits to do before settling down with my cross stitch and a gin:
    Dirty washing in machine (ready for
    Hubby's stuff to be added in the morning)
    Tidy up from tea (minimal due to 'easy' tea.
    Put clothes airer away.

Have a lovely evening everyone.

Wish.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    LW lovely to hear from you and sorry things aren't going well.
    I'm not even going to begin to describe this week other than I finished my assessment today at 4.30, turned the phone on to find a message from Mr N to say MIL on her way in to Stevenage hospital 20 miles away. BIL, who has been staying with us for a couple of days, went in ambulance with her while Mr N came home to collect hospital essentials I.e. books, flask, biscuits.

I've got home and washed up, made a pasta bake, salad, fruit salad and made a couple of phone calls.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Goodintentions
    Goodintentions Posts: 1,907 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Toys all put away, dinner for small people cooked and cleared up - washing all done or put in the DW (at least it was until DH came in and cooked his dinner!) It’s fine - he will probably sort his stuff out in the morning before work - he is quite well trained 😊
    I am doing a little bit of paperwork (daily diaries for little ones) and then I might go to bed! I am shattered today. I need to get on it in the morning, after the vets.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,069 Forumite
    Options
    LameWolf wrote: »
    Bet you wish I hadn't bothered posting now, don't you? :cool:

Not ever!

New dryer installed and used.. a lot!!
    DW x3
    WM x2.. all up to date for 5 minutes!

OH still at work.. he was supposed to finish at 9 but he is working with the one person who doesn't pull her weight!

I need to crack on with some knitting.. Ineed to get Jazzles jumper finished so I can get on doing Twinkle some. So much to knit up! I have new patterns too.. veryexciting!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,885 Forumite
    Options
    Morning

Hoovering done downstairs, the cat is moulting !
    Machine walking done
    Some suprising admin work done
    Dinner for tonight out defrosting
    Mountsockmore sorted

Looks like rain here

Off to see what else I can do.
    Breast Cancer Now 100 miles October 2022 100 / 100miles
    D- Day 80km June 2024 33.9/80km
    Sun, Sea
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    No flying today, working all day then out with OH for a 30th birthday party for a few hours, so jobs will be done tomorrow when I have counted up what needs doing.

OH hoovered yesterday thankfully, so it should only be a minimal amount of washing and ironing, and some wiping down of sides and maybe mopping the kitchen.

I plan to spend most of my weekend potting seeds and sorting out our courtyard area :)
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Morning all,

Slow start in the Wish house today. Hubby in bed (home from work about 2am)
    Small has just got dressed
    I'm about to go in the shower.

Jobs today:
    Cooke a delicious stew & dumplings for tea.
    1 (I hope) load of washing to be done and possibly hung out.
    Trip down to the cellar to do a bit of a tidy as it's been 'husbanded' and is a tip again. Which I'm cross about as it was super tidy just after Christmas when we had the woodworm done. But, you never know, there maybe more stuff the fling.....

Have a good day everyone.

Wish.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,862 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well a nice lazy start to Friday in Valliland.
    Plan to clean kitchen and bathroom.
    have washing to peg out.
    mammogram this afternoon (routine)
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills