🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Just bought a Henry vaccum: this thing sucks nothing

Options

Comments

• elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    gonna be honest and say I've never saw what people like in a Henry, anyone I've ever used has been rubbish
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thread moved to Praise, Vent & Warning.
  • gilbutre
    gilbutre Posts: 434 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Return pending now.

Could anybody recommend a reasonably affordable vacuum cleaner with some more than decent suction power?
  • Pennywise
    Pennywise Posts: 13,468 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nick_C wrote: »
    Answered in Post 2.

By using a vacuum cleaner that doesn't vacuum properly, you are helping to mitigate the causes of global warming.

Its an excellent EU innovation, and I'm sure they are planning further improvements for us. Kettles that only heat the water to 80C perhaps. Or toasters that merely warm the bread.

Washing machines are already fouled up with being low energy - they now have to run for far longer as they're not as powerful! Just bought a new one, and on the cycle we use most often, it now takes twice as long!
  • gilbutre
    gilbutre Posts: 434 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Answered in Post 2.

By using a vacuum cleaner that doesn't vacuum properly, you are helping to mitigate the causes of global warming.

Its an excellent EU innovation, and I'm sure they are planning further improvements for us. Kettles that only heat the water to 80C perhaps. Or toasters that merely warm the bread.

After Brexit we should get free from their tantrums though right?
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,732 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pennywise wrote: »
    Washing machines are already fouled up with being low energy - they now have to run for far longer as they're not as powerful! Just bought a new one, and on the cycle we use most often, it now takes twice as long!

Know exactly what you mean. Result being you use more electricity, so hardly energy efficient!! Politicians should stay away from energy issues, their brains are incapable of comprehending that this is a very complex subject with some surprising knock on effects.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • System
    System Posts: 178,106 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Or Brexit referendum results that only half-leave.
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,388 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My Hentry is well below the maximum wattage allowed by the EU. So it's got nothing to do with EU laws. I expect it's just that Numatic want to produce a vacuum cleaner, not a very noisy fan heater like the other manufacturers.

My Henry can suck a rug off the floor, even on the low power setting, and I rarely use full power.

The standard brush head is a bit rubbish. The optional "Airo Brush" is a lot better, except on fluffy rugs where it jams up.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Maybe Henry sucked too much?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOb0RMvfQbg

:D
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Re washing machines, I think it depends on how they clean. I bought a Samsung Eco bubble, had to then wash my now ex's mechanic work clothes. The LG I had before I had to wash them 2 or three times to get rid of marks and oil smells. With the Ecobubble, only once. You only have to use a longer wash if you choose it. The daily wash takes 1hr and 3 mins which is better than the 1hour and half the LG had (and it wasn't old when replaced, I hated the darned thing as soon as I got it so was kindof relieved when it broke and needed replacing).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport