PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 25th February 2019

Options

Comments

• Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Tooth is out and stitched up, still numb so ok at moment.
    Before the dentist, I did the dailies, walked the dogs, changed our bedding, dusted flat surfaces in bedroom and did a very quick hoover through the house.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Afternoon all,

Hope
    It's going well Mrs MP, just take some time to 'be' today.

Today is going reasonably well so far:

Washing basket is EMPTY!!!! :j :j just one throw to find hanging space for, then wait for it all to dry. And it's all pegged out. Hoooray for Spring.

I've done the food shop in Mr A and it's all put away.

Dealt with a safeguarding issue

Done the 'spring maintainence ' on the front yard (we're a ' garden fronted terrace' so have a thin strip of land between the house and the boundary
    Wall that LOVES to collect leaves and stuff.
    All swept out, edges weeded and sprayed, pots weeded and rearranged. Could do with washing the front door, but Pickle would want to 'help'

I've written a list for the garden centre so Pickle and I will fulfil the list after he's finished eating and go to the tip on the way there.

Then it might be some cellar sorting. Hubby has messed up my lovely cellar, so I need to rescue it before it gets too out of hand.

I may struggle to be in this week, I can't seem to subscribe to the thread (are we limited on the number of thread subscriptions we can have?)
    Happy flying
    Wish.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Mademoiselle
    Options
    Hope the day is going ok for everybody.

Up and off to work bright and early this morning. Then home via supermarket. Library and living rooms vacuumed and mopped so looking better. Will do kitchen in a few minutes as vacuum should be charged again and laptop is about to run out of charge.

DD1 coming home today at some point and has asked for fish pie so will have to get on with that.

Bed made
    dirty washing in basket
    time sheets done
    living and kitchen tidy.

Off to do kitchen floor.
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Round have a little fun, (I detest shopping too) you definitely need & deserve some nice undies!

Ohhh MadamMim :eek: I have spent so much money _pale_ But I have new bras, pants, tops, jeans, sandals and boots and I treated myself to some red suede ankle boots for the sheer beautiful hell of it. :D In my defence my 'capsule' wardrobe had been worn to death - I'm not one for clothes. Now I won't be like the bag-lady who dies and everyone finds out she has money in the bank even though she dressed like a tramp. Dad laughed when I said that.

We also have new pillows to replace the sh!te ones that I bought on-line (not cheap either) which have literally fallen apart.

And I remembered new toothbrushes and washing up liquid :D

So there is going to be more flingage chez Round :dance:

Better fetch those towels in. Minions lunch box didn't scrub up nicely so bin it is.

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • Mademoiselle
    Options
    Kitchen floor vacuumed and mopped, and it has taken less than 20 minutes. So why do I keep putting it off for so long. Ok it is not perfect but I have decided that it is better mopped a bit that not done at all until I feel i can do it perfectly, which to be honest will never happen. Yes I can still see some marks on it but I know where to look and it does look so much better.

Going to sort out a file of paperwork then start making a fish pie for dinner and that's me done for the day.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,867 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm here

Thank you for the lists

Breath and count to 10...........for the day I'veh ad.

Any way 10000 step done
    All washing done lined dried, ironed and away it is very warm here :)
    Downstairs hoovered
    Shopping done
    Bins out
    Recycling out
    2 parcels posted,
    Breathe again and count to 10........I'm going to mad soon!

MrsMP I hope your day was as good as you hoped xx
    Breast Cancer Now 100 miles October 2022 100 / 100miles
    D- Day 80km June 2024 0/80km
    Sun, Sea
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    roundtuit wrote: »
    I am wearing rags for underwear. Every time I step out of the house I worry about that bus Mum always said would hit me when I wasn't wearing decent underwear and carrying a clean hankie! Just so you know I would like to stress I am wearing clean rags for underwear :o)

If I did what I desperately want to do and fling all Himself's boxers and socks with holes in, he'd be permanently barefoot and commando. The boxers are horrific - some of them are quite literally taking all he holds dear to places they should not be when decently attired and one pair looks more like something Tarzan would wear. I've told him that if he gets hit by a bus, I'm disowning him.

If money ever picks up, he is being ordered to buy some or shut up and wear what I get him.

Kitchen floor vacuumed and mopped, and it has taken less than 20 minutes. So why do I keep putting it off for so long. Ok it is not perfect but I have decided that it is better mopped a bit that not done at all until I feel i can do it perfectly, which to be honest will never happen. Yes I can still see some marks on it but I know where to look and it does look so much better.

Mme, when I did my full on scrub of the kitchen floor last week, I realised that I had never done it before. I moved in about 7 years ago. It was very satisfying to see the grot lifting up with the sugar soap, but ever since, I've been getting a really sharp pain in my lower right tummy when I turn onto my right side at night. No good deed goes unpunished, as they say.

Just as I was drifting off to sleep last night, Himself snuggled up and murmured in my ear that he'd noticed I had cleaned the hob, sink, done washing up, cleaned the countertops and swept just before I went to bed and thank you, because the last thing he wants to do after cooking is have to spend ages cleaning up. It took a lot of self control to not snap awake - instead, I mumbled back that I find it's easier to (guess what I'm going to say?) CLEAN UP AS I GO so I don't have a massive load of things to do afterwards. Eventually, he might get the hang of it.

Maybe I should get a decorative chalk board like the Instagrammers have in their kitchens? Instead of saying 'Happy Spring' or 'Live, love and laugh', 'Eat' or something Biblical, perhaps I could write in fancy script CLEAN UP AS YOU GO?

Before CUAYG, I'd have had 'Get Out From Under My Feet' - even though the felines claim they can't read (but have no problem identifying a cat food tin surrounded by soup or tomatoes - or a sealed bag of crunchies compared to an identically sized bag of beans), they will have heard it often enough to hazard a guess at what it said.

What would anybody else write on their kitchen chalkboard?
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi ladies it's ATB here, I found myself logged out and couldn't remember my password so decided it was easier to register again.

Basically work is manic, I'm exhausted and the house needs attention. What's new :rotfl:
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Oh no ATB I am going to forget who you are - but I rather like the new user name!

Up at 6am, ironing done, washing out (in the fog), chicken in sc, kitchen swished, off to the paid stuff. Home to bring washing in, hoover and dust a little, cook remainder of tea, wash up, more hoovering. Clean laundry to put away now and floors to mop. My house should look like a flipping palace the amount of time I spend cleaning. Sigh.

Glad the trip was successful R - yay to the red boots!

Oh and I cancelled my gym class because my wrist/hand is hurting strangely. So I went for a 1.5 mile walk in my lunch break, walked as fast as possible to get the old heart going, people probably thought I was having a funny turn.

Well that's Monday done. Off to docs tomorrow with strange stomach ache, hope I get some sense out of them.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What would anybody else write on their kitchen chalkboard?

The Valli matra - 'Don't put it DOWN - put it AWAY'

and then

'Please put your dirty pots IN the dishwasher'
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family