Top Cash ISAs Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• fryery
    Options
    Hello to all of you; My question is;
    I've taken a cash mini Isa in March 2006 so that covers the 2006-07 tax year,
    interest is paid monthly into the ISA account, now, what I really like to know is this;

A) Can I add in March £3000 to this same Isa account to cover 2007/08 or do I have to open a new account? and also on April 6th can I add £ 3600??? for 2008/09.
    I guess what I'm trying to say is whether It has to be a separate Isa for each year or you can keep adding to the same ISA account.

B)the monthly interest paid into the account will come to about £ 150 next month, does this mean that I have to add only £ 2850 to make the £ 3000. or i have to withdraw the interest and make full £ 3000. deposit.

Thanks for all the help you can give me
  • ctdctd
    ctdctd Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    fryery wrote: »

A) Can I add in March £3000 to this same Isa account to cover 2007/08 or do I have to open a new account? and also on April 6th can I add £ 3600??? for 2008/09.

B)the monthly interest paid into the account will come to about £ 150 next month, does this mean that I have to add only £ 2850 to make the £ 3000. or i have to withdraw the interest and make full £ 3000. deposit.

A) You can add to the same ISA if it is still open for new investment. Check with your bank. Also check it still offers a good rate.

B) You can add another £3000 for 07/08 before April 5th and £3600 for 08/09 on or after April 5th. Interest does not count.
    Do Money Saving sites make you buy more bargains - and spend more money?
  • setmefree2
    setmefree2 Posts: 9,072 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi

We currently have a Cash ISA with Yorkshire Building Society - interest rate 5.35%...thinking about moving it in next tax year any suggestions?:confused: Is it worth moving to the Alliance & Leicester say for an extra 6.25%?:confused:

Thx

SMF2
  • bristolleedsfan
    Options
    setmefree2 wrote: »
    Hi

We currently have a Cash ISA with Yorkshire Building Society - interest rate 5.35%...thinking about moving it in next tax year any suggestions? Is it worth moving to the Alliance & Leicester say for an extra 6.25%

Thx

SMF2

If i was u id either move it to Abbey ISA New Direct Issue 2 ( available from 3rd March) 6.25% or Nationwide 6.15% fixed rate because in both cases u wont lose any interest during the transfer process.

Why wait until the next tax year. :confused:
  • setmefree2
    setmefree2 Posts: 9,072 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Thx for your help- just been over to Nationwide site,,, not very easy to use? Couldn't find out the interest rates...:confused:
  • bristolleedsfan
    Options
    setmefree2 wrote: »
    Thx for your help- just been over to Nationwide site,,, not very easy to use? Couldn't find out the interest rates...:confused:

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/savings/rates.htm ;)
  • bow1508
    Options
    Can anyone recommend a mini isa from a high street provider? My husband needs one but as he's registered blind he needs to be able to go into a branch somewhere to do his banking. We have all the usual suspects near us, barclays, britanna, nat west, hsbc, lloyds tsb, abbey. As i have no idea what i'm going and reading the article didn't make it much clearer for me (yes i'm a bit dim) i'm asking for help. Thanks all
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,271 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Do you want a variable rate or fixed rate? Fixed rate ones usually have penalties for early withdrawal/closure. Variable are usually more flexible, ie allow you to make withdrawals etc.
  • bristolleedsfan
    Options
    bow1508 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a mini isa from a high street provider? My husband needs one but as he's registered blind he needs to be able to go into a branch somewhere to do his banking. We have all the usual suspects near us, barclays, britanna, nat west, hsbc, lloyds tsb, abbey. As i have no idea what i'm going and reading the article didn't make it much clearer for me (yes i'm a bit dim) i'm asking for help. Thanks all

Many Savings Rates will be getting reduced around 1 March

Atm Best Branch Rates are :

Nationwide BS 1 Year Fix 6.15%
    Chorley BS 1 Year Fix 6.10%

Loughborough BS 90 day notice 6.10%

Leek BS 5.75% Variable Instant Access
    Skipton BS 5.70% Variable Instant Access

After that would depend which Building Societies u have local to u

Avoid Brittannia BS. ;)http://www.britannia.co.uk/c_savings/product/tax_free/mcisa/prod.html :eek:
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Where is this Abbey new direct isa paying 6.25% not on website, do you know something we dont(BrLdFan)?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure