Top Cash ISAs Discussion Area

Options
1260261262263264266»

Comments

• 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Link below contains a list of flexible ISA providers. They may not all offer transfers in though:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/flexible-ISAs?_ga=1.112725255.208231019.1460382144
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    10_66 wrote: »
    Link below contains a list of flexible ISA providers. They may not all offer transfers in though:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/flexible-ISAs?_ga=1.112725255.208231019.1460382144
    And not all their ISAs are necessarily flexible ISAs.

For example, Nationwide offers the FlexClusive ISA and an HTB ISA. So they are on the list of providers of flexible ISAs. The FlexClusive is flexible, the HTB ISA is not. HTB ISAs aren't flexible as the maximum monthly deposit limit remains regardless.

Also, the MSE list might not be complete / current.

You always have to check the T&Cs of your ISA.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I remember reading somewhere that now we could now put current ISA saving to higher interest saving. As long as we put it back at the same tax year, it will not loose its ISA wrapper status.

Is it true ??

Is there any websites links elaborate about this case ??
    Thanks
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    I remember reading somewhere that now we could now put current ISA saving to higher interest saving. As long as we put it back at the same tax year, it will not loose its ISA wrapper status.

Is it true ??

Is there any websites links elaborate about this case ??
    Thanks
    Like the one from two posts ago perhaps?
  • sammybee
    Options
    isa help

Myself and partner (NOT MARRIED) have an isa each, if one of us die does the other get the isa cash, ??? we both have a will stating the other inherits everything
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    sammybee wrote: »
    isa help

Myself and partner (NOT MARRIED) have an isa each, if one of us die does the other get the isa cash, ??? we both have a will stating the other inherits everything
    My understanding is that if one of you dies in these circumstances, the ISA funds will be inherited by the other but they will not be within the ISA wrapper from the date of the death. i.e. interest earned from the date of the death will be taxed.

If you were married, the surviving spouse could have their ISA allowance increased for a single year to accommodate the inherited ISA funds - in effect, retaining the tax-free status for the inherited funds.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

If you were married, the surviving spouse could have their ISA allowance increased for a single year to accommodate the inherited ISA funds - in effect, retaining the tax-free status for the inherited funds.

Married or in civil partnership
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport