Top Cash ISAs Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• Snowbelle
    Snowbelle Posts: 353 Forumite
    Options
    Snowbelle wrote: »
    You can do this online - no need to wait for them to send any forms.
    innovate wrote: »
    For most, but not all, ISA providers
    You can for the Halifax.
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You can for the Halifax.

You misunderstand. The Halifax online facility for ISA transfers-in(to the Halifax) only works for some, not all, ISA providers.

I suspect the reason melbury has been waiting for 3 weeks for a transfer form is that there is no online transfer on offer for their current provider.
  • Snowbelle
    Options
    You misunderstand. The Halifax online facility for ISA transfers-in(to the Halifax) only works for some, not all, ISA providers.

I suspect the reason melbury has been waiting for 3 weeks for a transfer form is that there is no online transfer on offer for their current provider.
    Correct, but if your provider is not on their list it says this: Please note that as your existing ISA provider is not in the list above, you will need to print this form, sign it, and post it back to us. So no need to wait for them to post out anything.
  • innovate
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    print which form? and how? sign it where? post it to where?
  • Snowbelle
    Options
    https://secure.form.halifax.co.uk/application/isa_transfer.asp
  • innovate
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The link you posted doesn't answer the questions I asked.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 May 2014 at 11:11AM
    Options
    I suspect this means printing each web page once completed. I only accessed the first page but, presumably, there will be an address at the end of the series of web pages if one wasn't provided prior to reaching the web form.

Edit
    If you enter "Other" as the old ISA provider, you get the message "Please note that as your existing ISA provider is not in the list above, you will need to print this form, sign it, and post it back to us. Once you have completed the application you will be able to print the form from the confirmation page."
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • melbury
    melbury Posts: 13,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks for your replies, still no sign of the promised transfer form, now well over three weeks since I opened the account online.

Each time I phone I speak to a different person and last time was assured that the form is in the post (this was over a week ago) and just don't feel inclined to keep chasing after them.

If they are as inefficient as this in other areas then I think would rather avoid them altogether:mad:

Trouble is now I will have to give my previous provider 30 days notice to transfer.
    Stopped smoking 27/12/2007, but could start again at any time :eek:

• melbury
    melbury Posts: 13,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I suspect this means printing each web page once completed. I only accessed the first page but, presumably, there will be an address at the end of the series of web pages if one wasn't provided prior to reaching the web form.

Edit
    If you enter "Other" as the old ISA provider, you get the message "Please note that as your existing ISA provider is not in the list above, you will need to print this form, sign it, and post it back to us. Once you have completed the application you will be able to print the form from the confirmation page."

Not once when I telephoned them was this offered as an option:mad:
    Stopped smoking 27/12/2007, but could start again at any time :eek:

• amiehall
    amiehall Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    Options
    melbury wrote: »
    Thanks for your replies, still no sign of the promised transfer form, now well over three weeks since I opened the account online.

Each time I phone I speak to a different person and last time was assured that the form is in the post (this was over a week ago) and just don't feel inclined to keep chasing after them.

If they are as inefficient as this in other areas then I think would rather avoid them altogether:mad:

Trouble is now I will have to give my previous provider 30 days notice to transfer.

Just do it yourself online.

https://secure.form.halifax.co.uk/application/isa_transfer.asp
    Sealed Pot Challenge #239
    Virtual Sealed Pot #131
    Save 12k in 2014 #98 £3690/£6000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts