The Top Easy Access Savings Discussion Area

Comments

• Zaul22
    Zaul22 Posts: 325 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Oh no, Chase went up. Now we have to deal with their army of fanboys droning on about how great they apparently are all over again. 
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,964 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    akh43 said:
    Email from Saga to say going up to 1.80% (inc bonus) from 19 Oct, not enough to tempt me back.
    Saga already offers 1.8% Saga Easy Access Savings Account
  • cwep2
    cwep2 Posts: 202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Does anyone keep a chart/table of the top instant access or 1yr fix rates? Going back a couple of years would be interesting to see. 
  • SandyN21
    SandyN21 Posts: 189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Saga rates up

If you hold an Easy Access Savings Account or Cash ISA and you have already added the 0.25% gross/tax-free* bonus, your total rate will be 2% AER*
  • cwep2 said:
    Does anyone keep a chart/table of the top instant access or 1yr fix rates? Going back a couple of years would be interesting to see. 
    This is from about a year ago - it is not exhaustive but interesting to see how rates have moved. These are the easy access rates
  • Wheres_My_Cashback
    Wheres_My_Cashback Posts: 4,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 14 October 2022 at 6:48PM
    cwep2 said:
    This is from about a year ago - it is not exhaustive but interesting to see how rates have moved. These are the easy access rates
    Yet the top paying easy access account (Oct 21)  isn't even on this list - Al Rayan at 0.70%.
  • FB13
    FB13 Posts: 153 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Email just in...

Good news – we're increasing the Chase saver account interest rate from 1.5% AER (1.49% gross) variable to 2.1% AER (2.08% gross) variable, effective from 24 October 2022.

Too little and far too late...
    A 10 day delay for the new rate to come into force is pretty long. A couple days over a weekend is understandable, particularly if the decision was made relatively late on a Friday. 
  • Section62
    Section62 Posts: 7,780 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 14 October 2022 at 7:44PM
    akh43 said:
    Email from Saga to say going up to 1.80% (inc bonus) from 19 Oct, not enough to tempt me back.
    If you've already got an account then the difference between your email and the one other people are getting (going up to 2% including bonus) might suggest you aren't getting the full 0.25% bonus currently available?

Worth renewing the bonus to the current level from time to time, just in case they increase the underlying rate but reduce the bonus then being offered.  Even if you aren't planning to fund the account for the time being.
  • akh43
    akh43 Posts: 1,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Section62 said:
    akh43 said:
    If you've already got an account then the difference between your email and the one other people are getting (going up to 2% including bonus) might suggest you aren't getting the full 0.25% bonus currently available?

Worth renewing the bonus to the current level from time to time, just in case they increase the underlying rate but reduce the bonus then being offered.  Even if you aren't planning to fund the account for the time being.
    Just checked the email again and I have misread it 😳 My account is still showing 1.80% now as the new rate does not start until 18th, I do have the 0.25% bonus already, I keep renewing it, but 2% still not enough to tempt as just opened the santander 2.75%

Decluttter 2022⭐Declutter 2023
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure