The Top Easy Access Savings Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• Beddie
    Beddie Posts: 652 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Outdated, staid Coventry Building Society buys outdated, staid Co-op Bank. Fair dos.
  • Patr100
    Patr100 Posts: 2,579 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    off topic I know but our local arts group has a co-op business account - absolute pain to work with - took a year to get all the paperwork sorted with them to fully change our treasurer over. 
  • happybagger
    happybagger Posts: 808 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    friolento said:
    Beddie said:
    Outdated, staid Coventry Building Society buys outdated, staid Co-op Bank. Fair dos.

I love my Coventry accounts - though I am selective and only use their top interest payers. 
    Same.
    And I will add into the mix, probably the most outstanding customer service I've had anywhere. Initially with powers of attorney, and then when I had two bereavements to deal with in quick succession last year, the in-branch staff were superb and no appointments necessary. Open until 7pm too.
    Had cause to call them and found them brilliant on that aspect too.
  • CuparLad
    CuparLad Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 22 April at 9:46AM
    Options
    Does anyone recall the minimum balance for the Metro Bank Online Instant Access Savings when launched back in Nov'23 @ 5.22%? I have a note that says £500, but the current IA Accounts are minimum £1 so want to be sure what the required minimum balance is to keep it open after the interest rate cut today.
  • auser99
    auser99 Posts: 233 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    CuparLad said:
    Does anyone recall the minimum balance for the Metro Bank Online Instant Access Savings when launched back in Nov'23 @ 5.22%? I have a note that says £500, but the current IA Accounts are minimum £1 so want to be sure what the required minimum balance is to keep it open after the interest rate cut today.
    The £500 was to trigger the top rate of interest.
    Not even sure you need to keep £1 in there to be honest, as I had an easy access account with Metro, then emptied it to fund this enhanced 5.22% one. And it's still open. I believe you have to go into store/specifically ring to shut the account down, they won't do it automatically.

Is it tomorrow (22nd) that the 5.22% (5.1% for monthly interest) drops?
  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 3,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 22 April at 9:58AM
    Options
    CuparLad said:
    This is what the Summary document says
    Limited Edition rate of 5.10% Gross / 5.22% AER* (variable) From 10 November 2023 you can earn a Limited Edition rate of 5.22% AER* (variable) for 12 months if a minimum account balance of £500 is reached within 28 calendar days of account opening. • During the 12-month period the rate can vary meaning it can go up or down, but it will not go below the Standard Variable rate that is available at that time. • Your account will earn Standard Variable rate interest until you meet the Limited Edition rate criteria.

After that there's no mention of a minimum balance. Mine's had a couple of quid in it for a week since I emptied it, no sign of sanction.
  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,640 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 April at 10:00AM
    Options
    auser99 said
    Is it tomorrow (22nd) that the 5.22% (5.1% for monthly interest) drops?
    Yes, though the 22nd is today not tomorrow 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure