🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The Top Easy Access Savings Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• RedImp_2
    RedImp_2 Posts: 271 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    csw5780 said:
    Anyone know when and where in the app Chip might issue tax certificates?
    Profile>savings>account statements>account>annual
    Thanks, nothing there yet and I expect they won’t be quick about it either
    Blimey tax year hasn’t been closed for a week yet !
  • Bridlington1
    Bridlington1 Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 12 April at 9:14PM
    Options
    @soulsaver
    Apologies if it's already been mentioned but  Harpenden BS EA 4.95% £100 min is now NLA, replaced by iss2 at 4.81%

EDIT:
    If I'm not mistaken this leaves Oxbury Personal Easy Access Account (Issue 1) at 4.94% (£1k min) being readmitted to the top 10.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 6,039 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 April at 12:31AM
    Options
    @soulsaver
    Apologies if it's already been mentioned but  Harpenden BS EA 4.95% £100 min is now NLA, replaced by iss2 at 4.81%

EDIT:
    If I'm not mistaken this leaves Oxbury Personal Easy Access Account (Issue 1) at 4.94% (£1k min) being readmitted to the top 10.
    No, you're on the ball - it was still available when I ran the link checks this afternoon... :+1:
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,526 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Don't know if its been mentioned on here - but my Santander Easy Access Saver rate is dropping from 4.05% to 1.2% from 12th June - talk of falling off a cliff !! Fortunately not that much left in it ,but time to move on !
  • dealyboy
    dealyboy Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    ... mine too, 2p in mine, I'm keeping it just in case ... let's see if they reward loyalty, haha.
  • Bridlington1
    Options
    dealyboy said:
    ... mine too, 2p in mine, I'm keeping it just in case ... let's see if they reward loyalty, haha.
    I'm keeping mine as it's not doing any harm sat there with a nil balance so I can't be bothered to close it. Plus Santander's cheque deposit limits for the app are per account per day rather than just per day so having it allows me to deposit an extra £1k's worth of cheques in a single day if I so wish.
  • peter021072
    peter021072 Posts: 284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Don't know if its been mentioned on here - but my Santander Easy Access Saver rate is dropping from 4.05% to 1.2% from 12th June - talk of falling off a cliff !! Fortunately not that much left in it ,but time to move on !
    I previously moved the money from that account into a more recent account also called 'easy access saver' at 5.2%. Hopefully, this won't be affected although I doubt if they will keep it at that level for long.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 13 April at 7:38PM
    Options
    I previously moved the money from that account into a more recent account also called 'easy access saver' at 5.2%. Hopefully, this won't be affected although I doubt if they will keep it at that level for long.
    Do you mean the Santander limited edition easy access saver at 5.20% that is dropping to 4.20% on 20 May 2024?

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2024/03/santander-easy-access-rate-cut/
  • pokemaster
    pokemaster Posts: 230 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do you have a source for this can’t find it via Google and haven’t received an email myself 
  • Bridlington1
    edited 13 April at 7:57PM
    Options
    Do you have a source for this can’t find it via Google and haven’t received an email myself 
    I suspect they're referring to Issue 1, which was launched in 2022 at 2.75%. The rate was later increased to 4.05% and the 12 month term extended. The account is set to mature soon. I had this letter about it the other day:

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure