The Top Easy Access Savings Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• pecunianonolet
    pecunianonolet Posts: 1,241 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Does anyone know if Santander branches can in any way service Cahoot e.g. taking copies of a passport and verify identity and forwarding copies on? Cahoot doesn't seem to have a Freepost service either, unless I just can't find it?
    I asked a couple of weeks ago, the response was no as they're completely ring fenced to be separate.

I opened the sunny, passed all the AML/CRA checks, got the account open and got the account details, but because my info was slightly different to the last time I had an account with them 22 years ago I needed to send two forms of ID via snail mail at my own cost before it could be used.

I immediately closed the a/c an hour after opening as it just wasn't worth it for me.
    Thanks, that is exactly the same problem the OH has. Two profiles, login details to only one and due a slight error it's now sending in ID details. Freepost doesn't seem to exist. All only to close an account with a quid in it. I'd rather have them close the account, keep the quid and donate it. 
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,273 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Does anyone know if Santander branches can in any way service Cahoot e.g. taking copies of a passport and verify identity and forwarding copies on? Cahoot doesn't seem to have a Freepost service either, unless I just can't find it?
    I asked a couple of weeks ago, the response was no as they're completely ring fenced to be separate.

I opened the sunny, passed all the AML/CRA checks, got the account open and got the account details, but because my info was slightly different to the last time I had an account with them 22 years ago I needed to send two forms of ID via snail mail at my own cost before it could be used.

I immediately closed the a/c an hour after opening as it just wasn't worth it for me.
    Thanks, that is exactly the same problem the OH has. Two profiles, login details to only one and due a slight error it's now sending in ID details. Freepost doesn't seem to exist. All only to close an account with a quid in it. I'd rather have them close the account, keep the quid and donate it. 
    Good luck, it took them from last August to this February to open my account.  For some reason they couldn't check my ID online so I had to go through account application via phone.  I ended up having to send my ID 3 times, and go through the phone application as many times as they kept losing the ID and by the time they'd found the ID, the applications had lapsed.  Rinse, repeat.  Got there - eventually.
  • Bridlington1
    Bridlington1 Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    @soulsaver
    Hampshire Trust Bank Online Easy Access Account (Issue 20) to replace issue 19 (5.06%)
  • kjs31
    kjs31 Posts: 190 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    The Chip app has been down for about 6 hours. A lesson in not putting all your eggs in the same basket if you need instant access. Not that Chip is top of the pops these days but I do have some money in there. 
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,869 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    kjs31 said:
    The Chip app has been down for about 6 hours. A lesson in not putting all your eggs in the same basket if you need instant access. Not that Chip is top of the pops these days but I do have some money in there. 
    Seems OK now.
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,201 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    When paying money into Chase easy access (or current) account, should your bank recognise the Chase account details when it does the CoP check? I had thought Chase was signed up to CoP now but I am getting the ‘couldn’t check details’ message despite definitely entering correct info.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,914 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 24 March at 2:09PM
    Options
    tg99 said:
    When paying money into Chase easy access (or current) account, should your bank recognise the Chase account details when it does the CoP check? I had thought Chase was signed up to CoP now but I am getting the ‘couldn’t check details’ message despite definitely entering correct info.
    I have Chase in my RBS payee list and it has a green tick indicating that it is a confirmed payee.

It is not confirmed in my NatWest payee list so the Chase CoP sign up must have happened between 28/3/2022 and 25/9/23.

PS I have also just seen that NatWest and RBS have had access issues this morning so if you are having issues with these and Chase, that may be the reason.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback