We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

The Top Easy Access Savings Discussion Area

1…19251926192819301931…2003

Comments

  • allegro120
    allegro120 Posts: 2,778
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    ircE said:
    Looking to close my Leeds BS 5.1% account as I don't need it any more and leaving £1 in another account just to keep something open/maintain membership... is it right that they don't have an online EA account like this? Closest thing I can find is a £100 min account that pays 2.45% :s
    The other option could be to open the Regular Saver at 5.25%, it's £100 min but pays a better rate.
    Leeds BS. After about 10 years break I've decided to restart my membership and opened RS for this purpose yesterday.  Am I correct thinking that all I need to do is to make initial deposit of £100 and that will keep the account alive (i.e. no further deposits required)?  
  • Bridlington1
    Bridlington1 Posts: 4,974
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    ircE said:
    Looking to close my Leeds BS 5.1% account as I don't need it any more and leaving £1 in another account just to keep something open/maintain membership... is it right that they don't have an online EA account like this? Closest thing I can find is a £100 min account that pays 2.45% :s
    The other option could be to open the Regular Saver at 5.25%, it's £100 min but pays a better rate.
    Leeds BS. After about 10 years break I've decided to restart my membership and opened RS for this purpose yesterday.  Am I correct thinking that all I need to do is to make initial deposit of £100 and that will keep the account alive (i.e. no further deposits required)?  
    That's correct. 
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,574
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Gatehouse Easy Access reducing to 4.66% Gross w.e.f. 3/4/24 (email today).
  • wiseonesomeofthetime
    wiseonesomeofthetime Posts: 2,696
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 4 March 2024 at 9:40AM
    Gatehouse Easy Access reducing from 5.06% gross to 4.76% gross on 3 April 2024
  • cadguy77
    cadguy77 Posts: 89
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    10_66 said:
    Gatehouse Easy Access reducing to 4.66% Gross w.e.f. 3/4/24 (email today).
    My email states 4.76% gross
  • mebu60
    mebu60 Posts: 2,002
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    If Charter and YBS are planning to reduce their EA rates (5.13% and 5.1% respectively) I would be grateful if they could announce it today before becoming recipients of my Shawbrook funds (5.11% to 5.0% tomorrow). 
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,574
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    cadguy77 said:
    10_66 said:
    Gatehouse Easy Access reducing to 4.66% Gross w.e.f. 3/4/24 (email today).
    My email states 4.76% gross
    Mine says 4.66% Gross, mine's paid monthly.
  • Bobblehat
    Bobblehat Posts: 1,258
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped! Name Dropper
    Forumite
    10_66 said:
    cadguy77 said:
    10_66 said:
    Gatehouse Easy Access reducing to 4.66% Gross w.e.f. 3/4/24 (email today).
    My email states 4.76% gross
    Mine says 4.66% Gross, mine's paid monthly.
    Same email .... 4.66% paid monthly! 
  • BooJewels
    BooJewels Posts: 3,151
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    cadguy77 said:
    10_66 said:
    Gatehouse Easy Access reducing to 4.66% Gross w.e.f. 3/4/24 (email today).
    My email states 4.76% gross
    Is that perhaps the difference between monthly paid interest and annual?  I've found that I tend to get emails about interest rate changes that state the rate applicable to the option I've personally chosen.
  • cadguy77
    cadguy77 Posts: 89
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    BooJewels said:
    cadguy77 said:
    10_66 said:
    Gatehouse Easy Access reducing to 4.66% Gross w.e.f. 3/4/24 (email today).
    My email states 4.76% gross
    Is that perhaps the difference between monthly paid interest and annual?  I've found that I tend to get emails about interest rate changes that state the rate applicable to the option I've personally chosen.
    Yes. This is the case here.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.