Santander Refer a Friend

Options

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Do you think it's safe to switch my newly opened Santander account into another bank now, or wait until I and my referrer have received our Amazon vouchers?

Wait - I wouldn't switch out until you get your vouchers, just to be safe.
  • bazwaldo
    bazwaldo Posts: 564 Forumite
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    This sounds as if you have entered one or more non-existent codes, or one or more codes that have already been previously claimed. Rather than "you submitted your claim too late". Unless, that is, they only use one boilerplate email for rejections, which is also a possibility.
    It wasn't too late, it was a day early.
  • Hasbeen
    Hasbeen Posts: 4,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    bazwaldo wrote: »
    OK, so my gamble with claiming on the last day for a switch completing the day after has failed, just received an email saying....
    We’re sorry, but you’ve not met the terms of our Refer a Friend offer.
    We’ve received the information you submitted for our Refer a Friend offer and unfortunately you’ve not qualified for the Amazon.co.uk Gift Card.
    Don’t worry, you may be able to apply again. Please check you’ve entered the code correctly and have met all the other terms of the offer. If that doesn’t work, please contact your referrer and ensure they gave you the code correctly and that it hasn’t been used by anyone else.

Gutted...hardly lol.

Received same standard emails for two codes I referred on here.

Went to same poster who was going to use them well before the cut off day?

Both lost a £100 now, don't know what happened but still happy with the ones that went through.
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,095 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 21 June 2019 at 9:26PM
    Options
    Scrounger wrote: »
    I'm gutted as well; I supplied the code! :eek:

[I can vouch that the code was pasted & had not been used by anyone else]

Scrounger

I went to see a Clairvoyant earlier. she asked me if the words "Scrounger" and "Codes" meant anything to me, I said Yip, she replied tell him he will get his 50.00 Amazon Vouchers :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • PamWatts
    PamWatts Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I just got the same message , that : "I did not meet the terms of the refer a friend offer."

I did ensure I started all switched before the end date. and entered all the codes correctly.

The email seems just a standard email...

Has anyone tried to phone up Santander to try and find out what terms were missed? I tried to call just now and they are closed on the weekend :(
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,291 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    PamWatts wrote: »
    I just got the same message , that : "I did not meet the terms of the refer a friend offer."

I did ensure I started all switched before the end date. and entered all the codes correctly.

Has anyone tried to phone up Santander to try and find out what terms were missed? I tried to call just now and they are closed on the weekend :(
    I don't think there is any confusion around why people have been unable to successfully claim for switches that did not complete before the end date, some just gave it a try in case they got away with it:

Referrer:
    "The Friend will receive a separate unique reference number (URN) for each Current Account Switch and once they have completed the Current Account Switch they can claim the two £50 Amazon Gift Cards no later than 18 June 2019 through santanderreferafriend.co.uk using the URN and the unique Code you gave them (a ‘Claim’). Please note only a Friend can make a Claim and it’s not possible to make a Claim by any other means."

Switcher:
    "Once you have completed the Current Account Switch, you can claim the two £50 Amazon Gift Cards (one for you and one for the Referring Friend) no later 18 June 2019 through santanderreferafriend.co.uk."

So the terms that were missed were those above - the switch had not completed at the time that they claimed.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    edited 22 June 2019 at 3:15PM
    Options

Did your switch complete on 18th or before? If it was started before, but not completed, this could be why as it said you had to complete the claim form by 18th, and could only complete the claim form when the switch had completed. Though to be fair, elsewhere on their pages it said the switch had to be started before 18th, so they weren't exactly consistent but when read overall you had to have completed and claimed by 18th.

See this from the T&Cs:
    5. The Friend must apply for the Current Account Switch by 18 June 2019 and to be to be valid a Code must have been generated prior to the date the Friend applied for the Current Account Switch.

From https://www.santanderreferafriend.co.uk/terms.php in case anyone wishes to try their luck challenging any rejections.
  • PamWatts
    PamWatts Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the replies and information.

I was told by Santander, that the Switch just had to start before the closing date, not be complete by the 18th. I definitely started it before the 18th. It was not completed before the 18th.

I will call them up on Monday to see what the situation is.

Thanks again for the information.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,291 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hopefully you'll be able to leverage the incorrect information you received from Santander to extract your vouchers.
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,095 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I will call them up on Monday to see what the situation is.

All phone calls are recorded, they can listen to a previous call made very easily thus easily resolved one way or another.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure