Santander Refer a Friend

Options

Comments

• Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Those who answer the phone are in my experience very nice albeit as much use as a chocolate teapot, is only when get passed to web developer/someone else that make progress.

I have always phoned Santander 0800 switching number and been transferred, luckily since being emailed list of codes that had been issued within which I spotted the two that hadnt been received, I now email any queries directly to web developer and do receive excellent service.

We eventually, yesterday, did get the missing voucher code, 4 weeks after it was supposed to have been sent, and after three phone calls asking.

As you describe they sent a list of codes issued to a particular email address and it was just a matter of picking out the one they hadn't actually sent. Easily solved - when they get round to it.

No explanation though of why it wasn't sent originally though. Or why it took so long to respond to repeated requests. Nice apology from the "Junior Front End Web Developer" though.

Perhaps, as you suggest, he's the best route if we have any more issues. But we have only 4 more vouchers due, and none are overdue yet....
  • bazwaldo
    bazwaldo Posts: 564 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    OK, so my gamble with claiming on the last day for a switch completing the day after has failed, just received an email saying....
    We’re sorry, but you’ve not met the terms of our Refer a Friend offer.
    We’ve received the information you submitted for our Refer a Friend offer and unfortunately you’ve not qualified for the Amazon.co.uk Gift Card.
    Don’t worry, you may be able to apply again. Please check you’ve entered the code correctly and have met all the other terms of the offer. If that doesn’t work, please contact your referrer and ensure they gave you the code correctly and that it hasn’t been used by anyone else.

Gutted...hardly lol.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    bazwaldo wrote: »
    OK, so my gamble with claiming on the last day for a switch completing the day after has failed, just received an email saying....
    We’ve received the information you submitted for our Refer a Friend offer and unfortunately you’ve not qualified for the Amazon.co.uk Gift Card.
    Don’t worry, you may be able to apply again. Please check you’ve entered the code correctly and have met all the other terms of the offer. If that doesn’t work, please contact your referrer and ensure they gave you the code correctly and that it hasn’t been used by anyone else.

Gutted...hardly lol.
    This sounds as if you have entered one or more non-existent codes, or one or more codes that have already been previously claimed. Rather than "you submitted your claim too late". Unless, that is, they only use one boilerplate email for rejections, which is also a possibility.
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Gutted...hardly lol.

Hats off to you and respect.

Thanks for trying.
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • creditavenger
    creditavenger Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 21 June 2019 at 1:31PM
    Options

Gutted...hardly lol.

My commiserations Bazwaldo. :(

Unlucky, but it was certainly worth a try.

The email I believe is just the standard one which they appear to use for all claims that are not successful for whatever reason.

Given that your rejection was for a claim made on the very last day of the offer, I wonder if we could conclude that the processing/checking of all outstanding claims is now complete (at least up to the point of voucher issue).

Maybe the next batch of vouchers output (whenever that may be) will be the last of the promotion and include everything still outstanding from 6th June to the 18th.

Only time will tell! ......but likely to be something coming out in the next 2 weeks to fulfil the 30 day payment obligation for the earliest of those dates :)
  • Scrounger
    Scrounger Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Gutted...hardly lol.
    I'm gutted as well; I supplied the code! :eek:

[I can vouch that the code was pasted & had not been used by anyone else]

Scrounger
  • girllikeme1
    girllikeme1 Posts: 207 Forumite
    Options
    Do you think it's safe to switch my newly opened Santander account into another bank now, or wait until I and my referrer have received our Amazon vouchers?
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Scrounger wrote: »
    I'm gutted as well; I supplied the code! :eek:

[I can vouch that the code was pasted & had not been used by anyone else]

Scrounger
    Doesn't bode well for a few of mine... but I haven't seen anything yet..

:fingers crossed:
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    santa.jpg
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    santa.jpg

It aint over until I get the rest of my vouchers....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure