Santander Refer a Friend

Options

Comments

• masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,289 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    schiff wrote: »
    I would never buy or use Prime but sending my item to check-out the dreaded word Prime appears with the price and the free delivery next day. And I couldn't shift it whatever I tried. I have inadvertently elected for the free trial but I've managed to cancel it with effect from 24 July when I would have been charged £7.99.

No option that I could see that asked 'are you sure you want Prime' or 'say no to the Prime trial'. Hate these people setting traps. :mad:
    There is an option to continue without a Prime trial. Personally I love it when they offer me a free month of Prime. I've just come to the end of my 4th trial and I've been given an extra month on one occasion. I'd never pay for it though.
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    tg99 wrote: »
    I wonder if you will be able to use them for subscription to their Premier League coverage rights next season and possibly future seasons given the vouchers have 10 year expiry.

Currently, gift card balances can't be used to purchase a Prime subscription.
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    masonic wrote: »
    Personally I love it when they offer me a free month of Prime. I've just come to the end of my 4th trial and I've been given an extra month on one occasion. I'd never pay for it though.
    I had one free trial sometime last year - cancelled it just before charging would have started. Last week, they offered me a trial for 99p. No way Jose.
  • Jakg
    Jakg Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How on earth do you escape the clutches of Amazon? I hardly ever use them though my vouchers may persuade me otherwise. I've thought of selling them. Today I thought of something that I might buy, so I deposited one of my vouchers.
    I've been using the £1 eBay fee offer and getting £45 net for a £50 voucher. I use Amazon all the time but I think having hundreds of pounds sitting there is just silly.
    Nothing I say represents any past, present or future employer.
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    Yes on Amazon you always have to select the lighter blue option of 'continue without prime' you then get to the order total and they have usually added postage on and again you have to then select 'free delivery' (assuming your order is over 20 of course)
  • girllikeme1
    girllikeme1 Posts: 207 Forumite
    Options
    All vouchers now received and last claim was entered the day before the deadline.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Options
    I seem to have been inveigled into Prime which according to Amazon will start soon. And I've had the e-mail today about the 'bonanza' in mid July. I've made several attempts to cancel my order and start again hoping for the disappearance of the Prime factor, but to no avail. I've never seen the continue without Prime option nor have I ever seen the light blue thing suggested by Zanderman.

Somewhere along the line I did manage to get confirmation that my free trial would be cancelled on July 25th but trying to go back to that to take a screen shot hasn't worked.

I can't find any way of getting in touch with them, no link to customer services and what I'm worried about is them taking the £7.99 (maybe month after month) and me having to fight my case for getting it back. I have used them over the years and I've got about 8 credit card details listed, some of which are defunct, but I don't see any way of clearing them out of my account.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I can't find any way of getting in touch with them, no link to customer services
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/contact-us
    I have used them over the years and I've got about 8 credit card details listed, some of which are defunct, but I don't see any way of clearing them out of my account.
    I was tidying this up on mine recently, it's within the 'my account' area, where there's a section entitled 'payment options'. This has a list of cards, each of which which can be expanded to edit or remove as desired.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Options
    TY, that's very useful :)

I wonder if I can cancel all my cards and then they'd have nothing to claim from! If I do any business with them it will all come from my Santander vouchers.
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 25 June 2019 at 10:34AM
    Options
    I seem to have been inveigled into Prime which according to Amazon will start soon. And I've had the e-mail today about the 'bonanza' in mid July. I've made several attempts to cancel my order and start again hoping for the disappearance of the Prime factor, but to no avail. I've never seen the continue without Prime option nor have I ever seen the light blue thing suggested by Zanderman.

Somewhere along the line I did manage to get confirmation that my free trial would be cancelled on July 25th but trying to go back to that to take a screen shot hasn't worked.

I can't find any way of getting in touch with them, no link to customer services and what I'm worried about is them taking the £7.99 (maybe month after month) and me having to fight my case for getting it back. I have used them over the years and I've got about 8 credit card details listed, some of which are defunct, but I don't see any way of clearing them out of my account.

With respect, you don't seem to be as observant as you could be! The 'no thanks to prime' is, always, there (when you go thru checkout). You missed it, that's all.

You don't need to cancel your order to cancel prime. Just let the order be.

To cancel prime just go to your account settings. Or google it. It's really not difficult to cancel prime!!

If you google it you'll get a link to this page:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202016220

Which, I trust, will help!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills