Santander Refer a Friend

Options

Comments

• youngretired
    youngretired Posts: 581 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I've received 1 switcher voucher and the other 1 is missing. I know that it has been authorised as both referrer's received theirs today. I thought I'd check the time like pfpf but unfortunately both referrer's received their emails at the same time.

Also can people confirm which date they have received vouchers for, my mum and dad did switches on the same day 10th May and my mum has received hers, but not my dad.
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi I'm late to this what's the best way of using the 5 codes please.
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,095 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 22 May 2019 at 7:23AM
    Options
    Claim link not as easy to find now

https://www.santanderreferafriend.co.uk/
  • JohnnyZee
    JohnnyZee Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all.

Does anyone have a spare referral code? If so, could you please PM me with details?

Many thanks.
    JohnnyZee
  • pfpf
    pfpf Posts: 4,947 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 22 May 2019 at 12:13PM
    Options
    update from my post last night. 5 of the 6 vouchers have already turned up this morning, so other than waiting/chasing one voucher as the switcher we have 15 of 16 vouchers as per date range in previous post.

just one question for people who have experienced this. is the name in the email header or the name in the email the correct way round? as the 5 today are mixed up, heading saying MR and email saying MRS.

not sure which I would have to chase.

thanks for everyone's input.

edit, having said that about the missing voucher, timings are all correct as per my post last night so if true to form I should have last voucher in a few hours.

edit 2, now all paid.
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Hi I'm late to this what's the best way of using the 5 codes please.

Depends. I assume you have the codes? (Too late to get them if not)

If you know someone who has accounts they can switch into Santander then give them a code for each switch. You can't use your own codes for your own switch.

They won't actually need to use the code until after the switch is complete.

A switch can be done online if opening a new account, but has to be done by phone if switching into existing account. You can do multiple switches in one phone call. 0800 085 2202

If you don't know anyone who can switch, advertise your code availability on the referral thread. https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5966162

They, the switcher, make the claim after the switch is completed (not before!) at https://www.santanderreferafriend.co.uk/claimamazon.php

You, the referrer, get a notification email a few weeks later (with the code reference in it) with your Amazon voucher code.
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thank you zanderman yes I have the codes. I'll look on the referral thread too.
  • pfpf
    pfpf Posts: 4,947 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    as per my post above, now all paid. :beer:
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Had a switcher voucher from a 10th May claim* this afternoon, but not the matching one for referrer yet Which is the wrong way round judging by their past patterns, Hope it's not a sign that they're messing up again.

(*worked out by a process of elimination, as they don't give a ref on the switcher emails and we didn't think to, unlike some, to use a different email for each one))
  • youngretired
    youngretired Posts: 581 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    My 2nd switcher voucher finally came, but it required a phone call to Santander for them to resend.

I enquired about my dad's 10th May not being received and she said that loads were sent out yesterday and his should have come through, as it wasn't as if they had run out and so he would need to give them a call.

She did explain that if both couples use the same email address then this can confuse their system, as the vouchers are automatically sent out when agreed in batches. This could explain why titles are all mixed up.

Update as I was writing this another voucher arrived to my dad's email address, but the confusing thing is now both are addressed to Mr ##### but in subject title it says Linda #### it's here. Referrer for dad still hasn't received voucher.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure