Santander Refer a Friend

Options

Comments

• emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Daft question but how do Amazon know what email address to send the £50 voucher please.
  • N1ckS
    N1ckS Posts: 251 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Santander send the codes to you. They're not account specific so you could add it to anyone's Amazon account. If you're feeling charitable that is!
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Daft question but how do Amazon know what email address to send the £50 voucher please.
    They don't! But Santander do because you tell them on the claim form...

https://www.santanderreferafriend.co.uk/claimamazon.php
  • okydoky
    okydoky Posts: 267 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Yorkshire Boy, I’ve just submitted the claim form you just posted and although it states at the top in green that -

“Thank you, your details have now been submitted for validation”

It actually goes on to describe a process that says -

Next Steps
    “When you get your email with your unique codes, share them with your friends and family and your hard work is done.
    Your friend will need to switch to an eligible Santander account and once their switch is completed they will need to claim the Amazon.co.uk eGift Vouchers, for both of you before 18th June 2019 by coming back here. When they’ve claimed, we’ll check to make sure the terms of the offer have been met and then email you both a £50 Amazon.co.uk Gift Card.”

I was not expecting that paragraph - having completed the switch and having submitted the claim form, is there actually anything else I need to do??
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    okydoky wrote: »
    Hi Yorkshire Boy, I’ve just submitted the claim form you just posted and although it states at the top in green that -

“Thank you, your details have now been submitted for validation”

It actually goes on to describe a process that says -

Next Steps
    “When you get your email with your unique codes, share them with your friends and family and your hard work is done.
    Your friend will need to switch to an eligible Santander account and once their switch is completed they will need to claim the Amazon.co.uk eGift Vouchers, for both of you before 18th June 2019 by coming back here. When they’ve claimed, we’ll check to make sure the terms of the offer have been met and then email you both a £50 Amazon.co.uk Gift Card.”

I was not expecting that paragraph - having completed the switch and having submitted the claim form, is there actually anything else I need to do??

No. The wording you need to read is the first bit you quoted.

The second bit is left over from the original referral code request page which Santander clumsily leave in.
  • Mido999
    Mido999 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Might be a daft question but it's not really made clear..

The refer a friend code that you receive from Santander, say for example SA-123456789123 does not work when you put it into the "refer a friend" box when you try to claim voucher.

Do you have to put replace the letters and hypon with SAN before the numbers as in SAN123456789123 instead? Bit confused..
  • Aidanmc
    Aidanmc Posts: 738 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 23 May 2019 at 10:19AM
    Options
    Mido999 wrote: »
    Might be a daft question but it's not really made clear..

The refer a friend code that you receive from Santander, say for example SA-123456789123 does not work when you put it into the "refer a friend" box when you try to claim voucher.

Do you have to put replace the letters and hypon with SAN before the numbers as in SAN123456789123 instead? Bit confused..

Are you sure its a hyphen...?? Any codes i seen started with 3 letters.
    Also the refer a friend code required to claim needs to come from another person and not directly from Santander as such.
    Recheck the code with whoever you got it from.
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Aidanmc wrote: »
    Are you sure its a hyphen...?? Any codes i seen started with 3 letters.
    Agree, seem to be first three letters of referrers surname. No hyphen in those I've seen.
  • Mido999
    Mido999 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Looks like I may have found a glitch in their system.. the refer's surname has a hypon in i.e. AL-.... so they gave them the code starting AL-... which in turn obviously doesn't work on their website!
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Mido999 wrote: »
    Looks like I may have found a glitch in their system.. the refer's surname has a hypon in i.e. AL-.... so they gave them the code starting AL-... which in turn obviously doesn't work on their website!
    Call them and ask. Easiest might be to get another referral code from a person with a non-hyphened surname.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure