Santander Refer a Friend

Options

Comments

• youngretired
    youngretired Posts: 581 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Zanderman did your referrer receive their voucher for the switch on the 10th May? My brother-in-law still hasn't received his yet as referrer on the 10th May.
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,094 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    This weeks batch I received 10/12, waiting for likely referrer to answer as to what he received/didnt receive so that will be known if promoters approved and sent or not received claim, missing ones likely to relate to late April/early May
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    What kind of programmer writes something that doesn't handle hyphenated names?

You've got to wonder...
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    18cc wrote: »
    What kind of programmer writes something that doesn't handle hyphenated names?

You've got to wonder...

Martin O'Neill's also got problems...

article-0-197E1D8000000578-882_634x400.jpg
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Can someone help me please. I can't get my head round it. I d like to use a code from my daughter. I ve opened a Santander account to do this . What is the next step please. I ve heard FSW numbers being mentioned but I haven t got one on my email. Many thanks
  • camelopardis
    camelopardis Posts: 77 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Can someone help me please. I can't get my head round it. I d like to use a code from my daughter. I ve opened a Santander account to do this . What is the next step please. I ve heard FSW numbers being mentioned but I haven t got one on my email. Many thanks

Hi Emerald, you won't get a FSW number until you start an account switch.
    You need to call Santander on 0800 085 2202 and switch an old existing current account into your new Santander account. They will then issue you with a URN reference (the FSW number)
    The switch will take approx 10 days, and once it is complete, you then make a claim via https://www.santanderreferafriend.co.uk/
    On the claim form, you fill in the referral code from your daughter, and your URN reference number.
  • emerald21
    Options
    Hi Emerald, you won't get a FSW number until you start an account switch.
    You need to call Santander on 0800 085 2202 and switch an old existing current account into your new Santander account. They will then issue you with a URN reference (the FSW number)
    The switch will take approx 10 days, and once it is complete, you then make a claim via https://www.santanderreferafriend.co.uk/
    On the claim form, you fill in the referral code from your daughter, and your URN reference number.

Hi thanks. I thought all I had to do was open an account with them . I did that first to get the codes in the first place. Then I opened another one thinking that was enough. My daughter has 5 codes so how do we refer each other or have I done it wrong 😟
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 23 May 2019 at 7:00PM
    Options
    Hi thanks. I thought all I had to do was open an account with them . I did that first to get the codes in the first place. Then I opened another one thinking that was enough. My daughter has 5 codes so how do we refer each other or have I done it wrong ��
    There's a link in the very first post in this thread. I suggest you read both the T&Cs and the FAQ, whereupon everything will become clear. You owe it to yourself to do so thoroughly, because there's £1,000 of vouchers to be had (or lost if you don't!).
  • emerald21
    Options
    Hi I've read numerous posts from various places. I was late to it all but managed to open an account with Santander to get my codes in the first place 2 days before it closed. My daughters already got an account with them so we have/had 10 codes.

I switched an account to Santander to enable myself and someone else to get £50 amazon vouchers each.My other 4 and 4 of my daughters were given to other people so we ll get £50 per code when they switch.

This leaves one , the one I'm asking about . My daughter doesn t have the time to do any of this.

It appears I need to also switch A account elsewhere to this second account with Santander that I have just opened.
  • Emily_Joy
    Emily_Joy Posts: 1,245 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I switched an account to Santander to enable myself and someone else to get £50 Amazon vouchers each. My other 4 and 4 of my daughters were given to other people so we'll get £50 per code when they switch.

This leaves one, the one I'm asking about . My daughter doesn t have the time to do any of this.
    Sorry, this doesn't add up. You say that you had 10 vouchers between you and your daughter to start with. 8 of them you gave to other people. These leaves 2.

Now you say that you switched your account to Santander to enable you and another person get £50 vouchers. Have you submitted the claim form? Have you used the code from your daughter or someone else?

You can't refer yourself - you can't use the vouchers sent to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure