IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

One Parking Solution PCN + Gladstones - Parked for 8mins, LBC for £208!

Options

Comments

• steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 1 May 2019 at 10:18AM
    Options
    That works for me - Even if I do lose (which I shouldn't), I can rest easier knowing it's cost them more!

Anyway, I've sent the reply.

Have you any experience in FOI stuff? How long it takes on average to get a response?

What do you want to know about FoI Organisations are required to respond within 20 working days

FoI only applies to public bodies
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • StubbornGoat
    StubbornGoat Posts: 157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Now there must be many similar questions on other peoples’ threads for which you have the answer, but I see no contribution from you to any other thread but those of your own. Are you here just to take, or are you going to contribute as well?

Absolutely. However this is all still new to me, like it was for many high posters at one point. Once I've settled my cases and learned from start to finish in each of them - I will be giving back to the community. I hate these scammers as much as the next person.

I’m more than happy to comply with your wishes, especially in light of the emojis!. That will reduce the number of daily cases to 99 for me now.

You've taken my comment well out of context. I was merely explaining why Google wasn't always the answer, and not everything is "googleable" (and it wasn't the first time you had suggested Google).

Anyway... moving on....

SG
  • StubbornGoat
    Options
    steve1500 wrote: »
    What do you want to know about FoI Organisations are required to respond within 20 working days

FoI only applies to public bodies

It's been over a month since I requested the FOI from DVLA.
  • StubbornGoat
    Options
    Turns out that despite my filling in the FOI request.. getting the email confirmation etc, I just logged into my "What Do They Know" account and under "My Requests", there was NONE. What?! I'm so confused.

Either way, I have made another attempt and have now been given a "Your Freedom of Information request has been sent. We will email you when there is a response, or after 20 working days if the authority still hasn't replied by then." message. To be fair, I never got this confirmation before - but not having used the site before this case, I followed their email instructions which stated:

"Please click on the link below to confirm your email address. Then your FOI request to Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency will be sent and published.

THE LINK THEY GAVE

We will not reveal your email address to anybody unless you
    or the law tell us to.

-- the WhatDoTheyKnow team"

Either way... I am now confident it has been done properly now (it is now under "My Requests") and hope it comes back pronto!

I'll share with you the results.

SG
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Did you actually make the application to the DVLA via this link?

https://forms.dft.gov.uk/foi-dft-and-dft-agencies/

If you went via "what do they know", then the 20 working days won't start until they submit the request,

I don't understand why you would go via a third party, if the DVLA are required to offer advice & assistance regarding your request, they won't be coming back to you, which could delay the response even more
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • StubbornGoat
    Options
    steve1500 wrote: »
    Did you actually make the application to the DVLA via this link?

https://forms.dft.gov.uk/foi-dft-and-dft-agencies/

If you went via "what do they know", then the 20 working days won't start until they submit the request,

I don't understand why you would go via a third party, if the DVLA are required to offer advice & assistance regarding your request, they won't be coming back to you, which could delay the response even more

Yes, I did both.

I have received a response today stating:

Thank you for your two e-mails, one from Whatdotheyknow.com and the other on the DVLA FOI request form requesting the same information. The DVLA are dealing with your request under the terms of The Freedom of Information Act 2000.

You will receive one response to answer both e-mails.

Your request has been given reference number: REFERENCE#.

You should expect to receive a reply to your request by 31 May 2019.

If you have any further questions or enquiries on this request please quote the reference number.

Thanks & Regards,
  • Woppyman72
    Woppyman72 Posts: 63 Forumite
    Options
    I went to the site today to take some photos. Two lads were sitting on the wall and you could not see the signs at all at ground level as they were obscured by their legs. That’s a real issue with these signs.

That and they are not facing the direction of travel as you drive in!
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Woppyman72 wrote: »
    Two lads were sitting on the wall and you could not see the signs at all at ground level as they were obscured by their legs.
    I wonder if they work for the PPC?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,159 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Woppyman72 wrote: »
    I went to the site today to take some photos. Two lads were sitting on the wall and you could not see the signs at all at ground level as they were obscured by their legs. That’s a real issue with these signs.

That and they are not facing the direction of travel as you drive in!
    Did you get photos deliberately letting them do that? I would. You want the best evidence.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Woppyman72
    Woppyman72 Posts: 63 Forumite
    Options
    No, I wish I’d had that idea!
    But it illustrates nicely how badly placed they are (I can make the photos available if helpful to this case...might need to blur faces as two 13 year olds smoking!).

I’ve also noted that two of the directors of OPS were prosecuted by the Magistrates Court in Feb 2017 for running a limited company (in the security business) whilst it was declared insolvent.

These companies are not defending the rights of landowners at all and as in case above are often not even operating within the boundary of the legal system. Something Socrates might want to ponder on. :money:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback