Good and Bad Buying at Lidl and Aldi (***Please don't expire***)

Comments

• maman said:
    Strangely though another couple in the queue (armed with granny trolley so obviously planning a biggish shop) heard the rules and just left. I thought that was odd. 
    They'll learn.
    No man is worth crawling on this earth.

So much to read, so little time.
  • Dared to venture into Lidl yesterday at 4pm. Had most of the things we needed and there was a short queue outside. Most people were observing the social distancing but others just used this as an opportunity to stand in the gap. 
    203846930 Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 7 April 2020 at 2:24PM
    In Lidl this morning at 9am, most things available although I was not in the toilet paper aisle. The crisp/chocolate aisle looked a bit bare and there were no biscuits to be had, not sure if this was a delivery issue as the manager has said there was at least one delivery that had not arrived overnight and into this morning.

I noticed that the Newgate tins of beans (4 pack) have been replaced by the Simply individual tins and they are nowhere nearly as good as the Newgate ones.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,583 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    ..... but others just used this as an opportunity to stand in the gap. 
    Probably the same sort of people who do the same in their cars! 😁 Did they have Audi or BMW badges on their trolleys? 😉
  • od244051
    od244051 Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Lidl on Friday noticed no pasta, rice (bar the large basmati bags) and cooking oil

Would anyone recommend any ALDI’s spirits?

• Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,270 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    od244051 said:

Like everything else, as good as any others,  and some are distinctly better.  All a question of personal taste though, and not being blinded by branding. 
  • od244051
    Doc_N said:
    od244051 said:

Like everything else, as good as any others,  and some are distinctly better.  All a question of personal taste though, and not being blinded by branding. 
    Gin (not gin liquor) and Irish cream 
  • od244051
    One thing I would like Aldi to remove for the time being are the displays of food etc in the lobby area. The store which I went to this morning has an area between the outside and the shop floor with automatic doors on both sides. In the area there was some Easter things. 

You cannot really stop and look at them when the guards allow three people in a time unless you are the last one in.
  • PLRFD
    PLRFD Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Guards lol .
  • Eenymeeny
    Eenymeeny Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    od244051 said:
    One thing I would like Aldi to remove for the time being are the displays of food etc in the lobby area. The store which I went to this morning has an area between the outside and the shop floor with automatic doors on both sides. In the area there was some Easter things. 

You cannot really stop and look at them when the guards allow three people in a time unless you are the last one in.

Yes I had a similar problem. I wanted to get some lettuce seeds in Lidl  but OH ploughed straight through both doors determined to be in and out as soon as possible. I had no choice but to hurry after him as another couple were behind me. I wish I'd waited and got them now. I'm too polite for my own good.... :(
    The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.
    Thanks to everyone who contributes to this wonderful forum. I'm very grateful for the guidance and friendliness that I always receive from you.
    :A:beer:
    Please and Thank You are the magic words;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure