Good and Bad Buying at Lidl and Aldi (***Please don't expire***)

Comments

• Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Cotteeboy said:
    Has anybody recently bought a bottle of Proccini from Aldi ?  How on earth do you open them ?????!!!!!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weyTO2B69z0
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,639 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Cotteeboy said:
    Has anybody recently bought a bottle of Proccini from Aldi ?  How on earth do you open them ?????!!!!!!!
    If that's like the wine bottle sized vintage cider with a screw top, either a pair of kitchen grips to hold and twist the top, or carefully use a sharp knife to cut through the tiny lugs below the screw part before you twist...
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    harz99 said:
    Cotteeboy said:
    If that's like the wine bottle sized vintage cider with a screw top, either a pair of kitchen grips to hold and twist the top, or carefully use a sharp knife to cut through the tiny lugs below the screw part before you twist...
    Info on the Aldi website says it's a "Zork", as per the video.
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,639 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    harz99 said:
    Cotteeboy said:
    Info on the Aldi website says it's a "Zork", as per the video.
    Thanks, at least that seems easier than the cider bottles...
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Brian2510 said:
    Hi, does Aldi still do 50% reductions on out of date stuff? Just lately I've only seen 30% off stickers on the day of the display until date.
    My local does 30%,50 and 75% off.  Only ever use to 30% off.  of course 75% off is few and far between.
    Yours
    Calley x

Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • Cotteeboy said:
    Once you've got the lid off it, is the vino any good?
    No man is worth crawling on this earth.

So much to read, so little time.
  • scrummy-mummy
    scrummy-mummy Posts: 249 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 October 2020 at 7:51PM
    LindsayT said:
    od244051 said:
    LindsayT said:
    od244051, did you do anything about this, did you contact Lidl? I went to a different Lidl store Thursday. It didn't take off the coupons and like you, the Manager gave me the refund for that. It did register the amount I spent though. Today I went to my normal Lidl and for the only time was nearly at my £100 spend. However, none of their machines were working, so what I spent could not be added, the cashier told me to contact Customer Services about it. On contacting Customer Services, they tell me the spend cannot be added retrospectively, so that was a waste of time.
    I did contact Lidl via their Facebook page. They have added a 10% off coupon for my next shop (excludes alcohol)onto my app. I normally spend mid £20s so I will save at least the £2 which I missed from spending £100
    Thanks for that. I also contacted them via their FB page, so 2 different outcomes for you and me. It will be interesting to hear what they reply to scrummy-mummy who contacted them via email but I've had emails ignored before.
    Glad to say that after emailing them, dm'ing them on twitter and tweeting them a handful of times, that my receipt and spend have finally shown up on the app (just over 2 days later) and I have received my scratchcard and £10 voucher.  My top tip, as annoying as it is...don't give up.
  • LindsayT
    LindsayT Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Well done and thanks for letting us know how you got on. 
  • LindsayT
    LindsayT Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I phoned Lidl customer services about my problem detailed here on page 104. He confirmed they can't retrospectively add the spend but I was amazed when he said, it could have been my phone despite telling him the scanners were not working. Then he said whether it was my phone at fault or the scanners, there is nothing they can do about it. Surely it would be easy enough to check with the store rather than try and blame my phone twice during the call, which made me even more annoyed. I have now filled in their online form telling them about the problem and the response on phoning CS. Good customer service (not).
  • od244051
    od244051 Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    I was told in the email Lidl sent me after contacting them on FB, that there was an issue with some accounts with some stores on 9th Oct
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure