PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

February 2019 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• elsiepac
    elsiepac Posts: 2,561 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    March GC HERE guys, I'm so sorry it's late this month!!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Old Style, Crafting and Techie Stuff boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    GC: May 22 £tbc/£250 Vegan 27-8-13
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    No more groceries to buy for February so declaring a £50 spend this month bringing the year to date to £320/£3600 :T It wouldn't normally be such a small amount but I've had two birthdays this month which have meant eating out (different budget for that) and a lot of stuff already in.

Can anyone direct me to the March challenge? I've looked but can't find it :o
  • elsiepac
    elsiepac Posts: 2,561 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Your recipe is added to the index squirrelgirl, under Breads. Thanks PipneyJane for helping with making the post really visible for me! It makes such a huge difference!

Also, squirrelgirl the post above yours has the link the March GC, my fault it's late, I'm sorry!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Old Style, Crafting and Techie Stuff boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    GC: May 22 £tbc/£250 Vegan 27-8-13
  • MadamMim2013
    Options
    Declaring £248.50 for February
    Under so I’m happy :T
    Going to try and do better again for March :)
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • tighteningthebelt
    Options
    Hi Happy People!
    I'm rounding off the month with £1518.37 left of my annual 1800 grocery budget. I'm doing quite well, and have been freezing up portions this month, so March should be gloriously frugal!
    Everyone is doing so well.
    A bit of grin and bear it, a bit of come and share it
    You're welcome we can spare it, yellow socks
  • VickyV
    VickyV Posts: 247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So, earlier this week I had spends of £8.62 in the grocers, £39.48 in Ald1 and £2.47 in h0me bargains. I've had no top up shops, which is novel for me and since March starts in 5 hours, I'm calling this week and, indeed, February!

Weekly: £50.57/£65
    Monthly: £201.82/£260

The rest will be squirreled away. Happy with the underspend but am hoping to stock up a little more in March so will need to get stuck into the dreaded UFOs (that's unidentifiable frozen objects, to the uninitiated!). :eek:

See you over in March...

Vicky x
    Grocery challenge:December 2022 £151.96/£400 . Advent decluttering challenge 47/240.
  • shirlgirl2004
    Options
    I spent a total of £80 in my first grocery challenge week. Last Saturday I spent £90 (can't be doing with counting pennies sorry) this did include Easter eggs though. I made the mistake of buying them from Aldi and they really weren't that cheap. I should have bought bog standard eggs instead of fancy bunnies.

I need to pop out and get milk because I have none, I've been trying to put it off because of temptation but we can't go without milk until Saturday. I will need to make a note to buy more at the next weekly shop and possibly one to freeze to avoid those interim shops.

My initial budget for the month was £400 which is less than we used to spend. So far in 13 days I've spent £170 so I'm pleased although conscious that it only takes buying dishwasher tablets and similar and that will shoot up.
  • Airthrey
    Options
    Declaring for February with a slight overspend of £1.88. I ambled into a H*me B*rgains today and was led astray by a packet of pine nuts. Cheaper than I've seen them elsewhere and it would have been daft not to buy them. If I'd waited till March, I'd have paid more elsewhere. So total February spend was £101.88.
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Finishing February off and seem to be still on target.
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • PipneyJane
    PipneyJane Posts: 4,108 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    PipneyJane wrote: »
    True. Very true. I never factored in anything for the price of the breadmaker because it was a present. Also, it’s over 15 years old at this point - so fully depreciated - but still working well.

On a totally different note, I have a small shop to declare from Sunday. £12.92 spent on yoghurts, mushrooms, peppers, YS bananas (29p for 10), etc. This brings our total spend for February to £100.24/£142.20, leaving £41.95 in the kitty, which I doubt we’ll spend before March starts on Friday.

- Pip

And with the above, I'm declaring for February at £100.24/£142.20. We did go shopping yesterday but, since yesterday was payday, I'll declare that in the March challenge.

- Pip

PS: To carry on our bread making discussion, I bought the cheapest flour available yesterday, spending £4 for 10kg. (Mr T's own-brand medium Chapatti flour.) It should last us between 8 to 10 months.
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

It ain’t what you do, it’s the way that you do it - that’s what gets results!

2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 66 coupons, 0 spent.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure