PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

February 2019 Grocery Challenge

Options
1222324252628»

Comments

• JingsMyBucket
    Options
    Only halfway through my month (running from 15th Feb-14th March).

Only one day of nipping to the shop last week but I bought 4 pints of milk and spent £3.10 because I bought bread and chocolate too. :o

Spent £87.15 in Aldi today which makes a total of £260.25/£400 so looks like I can adjust my monthly budget down. I don't know how this compared to others but we have 2 adults & 2 children (14 & 12) plus one adult that eats out and buys his own food a fair bit.

I suggest you go over to March thread to get support. This thread will go quiet in the next day.
  • YorksLass
    YorksLass Posts: 1,714 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Oops, I've forgotten to declare for this month! (I'm blaming a heavy head cold that's giving me brain fog.:D)

Anyway, final week saw 5 NSDs and just £12.82 spends. So, total count for the month is: 19/28 NSDs and a total monthly spend of just £83.46. Surplus of £48.54 :j I'll use some of that towards re-stocking the cupboards and the rest will go into our holiday pot.

Over to register for March now.....see you all there!
    Be kind to others and to yourself too.
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,573 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    edited 6 March 2019 at 7:10PM
    Options
    Found a receipt which i don't know whether i added or not, do i act like it got lost in the ether :o? I would still be under, but it is for £7.22. I also need to add £10.95 spend that my Dad didn for me in Aldi, as i don't think i mentioned that. Gah!

Note to self to start writing the dates it is spent when declaring, not just where it was spent!
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • tighteningthebelt
    Options
    An astonishing 20 NSDs for February... I am quite chuffed with that! Off to March thread now!
    A bit of grin and bear it, a bit of come and share it
    You're welcome we can spare it, yellow socks
  • shirlgirl2004
    shirlgirl2004 Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I suggest you go over to March thread to get support. This thread will go quiet in the next day.
    Only problem being my new month (payday) starts on the 15th March and the April thread won't be open or will be dead then.

Spent £57 in Aldi today. Still a few bits still to buy that I couldn't get in Aldi but so far £317.25/£400 month ends 14th March.
  • shirlgirl2004
    shirlgirl2004 Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 March 2019 at 12:41PM
    Options
    Spent £8.65 in Mr T and the OH bought coffee beans which I think were £10 and £7.05 in Mr T buying things we didn't need (yes we did have bread look in the bread bin!) Total £340.95/£400
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure