PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

February 2019 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Am declaring for Feb at £100/120,, so happy with that :j
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Doom_and_Gloom
    Doom_and_Gloom Posts: 4,695 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Before the end of February we spent another £8.25

£197.86/£182.
    £15.86 over.

So we ended up over budget. Prices are going up and I don't see how we can keep to the budget as is.
    Need to work out what our March buget will be.
    I am a vegan woman. My OH is a lovely omni guy :D
  • thriftwizard
    thriftwizard Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I lost the plot altogether! I think I went a little over in the end, mainly because of a sudden need to buy loads of sweets - refreshers, love hearts, mints & liquorice - to try to keep my digestive system functioning for the last few days of my treatment without resorting to yet more drugs or just eating bicarb straight out of the pot! Sorry to let the side down; chemo brain is very real and muddleheaded would be a kind description of how I felt.

Until this morning! All over now: I'm "allowed" orange juice & marmalade again, the sweet consumption is dwindling rapidly and I can start to cook & eat normally again although it'll be a while before my energy levels are back to normal. I still have a "reversal" operation to come, hopefully in about a month, but that's nowhere near as serious as the first one was.
    Angie - GC May 24 £253.52/£450: 2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 10/68: (Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
  • PipneyJane
    PipneyJane Posts: 4,107 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I lost the plot altogether! I think I went a little over in the end, mainly because of a sudden need to buy loads of sweets - refreshers, love hearts, mints & liquorice - to try to keep my digestive system functioning for the last few days of my treatment without resorting to yet more drugs or just eating bicarb straight out of the pot! Sorry to let the side down; chemo brain is very real and muddleheaded would be a kind description of how I felt.

Until this morning! All over now: I'm "allowed" orange juice & marmalade again, the sweet consumption is dwindling rapidly and I can start to cook & eat normally again although it'll be a while before my energy levels are back to normal. I still have a "reversal" operation to come, hopefully in about a month, but that's nowhere near as serious as the first one was.

Congratulations for getting through the worst of it! I hope that you don’t have any complications from returning to a normal diet.

- Pip
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

It ain’t what you do, it’s the way that you do it - that’s what gets results!

2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 66 coupons, 0 spent.
  • Graciefields
    Options
    Wow did it again. Spent 100.42/125 Another 24.57 for bulk fund. Thank you all again for the tips and encouragement.
    Barclay Card £3600 [STRIKE]HSBC CC £2587[/STRIKE] ZERO
    Total CC Debt [STRIKE][STRIKE][STRIKE]£7755[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE][/STRIKE]
    COLOR="Red"]$[STRIKE]7151[/STRIKE][/COLOR] £6487
    November 2018 GC £25Pw/£100Pm Nov Grocery Challenge £83.56/£100 Dec GC £95.64/£125Jan 2019 GC COLOR="Red"]64.86/£125[/COLOR] Feb GC COLOR="DarkRed£100.43/]£125[/COLOR]March GC OR="Red"]145.00/125[/COLOR]
    April GC £130/£125 Aug GC £72.71/£100
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    £10.14 at Aldi and £2.09 at B and M, to add.

I think i've come under by about £15 :j .I will edit if not.

Ooh alot more under ... £52.94 !!
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • dingdongsaving
    Options
    Back in for £320 from 1-28th please
    This covers all food, drinks, toiletries & cleaning bits for our family of 4 plus pet food & supplies for our 2 dogs & cat.

Good luck everyone!

Checking in after a crazy tot up of receipts as I got behind keeping track. £309.72 spent. Half term did result in 2 mini-shops that weren't needed for 'fancies' to finish off meals we wanted with trimmings we wouldn't normally have bothered with if the ingredients weren't in the house but it was a lovely family week with some treats.

Now heading over to March!
  • taka
    taka Posts: 3,483 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the thread and well done everyone!!

Just totted up my Feb spends and I seem to have come in under budget at £131.12 out of £145.37 so £14.25 under budget! :j Not sure how I managed that as, as well as money left over, my cupboards are groaning with food and I've had to put a few bits in my utility cupboard as I ran out of space! (Normally it is a food free space!)

Off to March...! :p
    Mortgage free as of 12/08/20!
    MFiT-5 no 45
    You can't fly with one foot on the ground!
  • JingsMyBucket
    Options
    Evening everyone. I had a final spend on Tuesday of $23.30. That brings me to...

FINAL TOTALS:
    $451.32 / $450.00
    15 / 10 NSD

Blast! Just a little bit over. I’ll regain my footing this month. See you on the March thread!
  • shirlgirl2004
    shirlgirl2004 Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Only halfway through my month (running from 15th Feb-14th March).

Only one day of nipping to the shop last week but I bought 4 pints of milk and spent £3.10 because I bought bread and chocolate too. :o

Spent £87.15 in Aldi today which makes a total of £260.25/£400 so looks like I can adjust my monthly budget down. I don't know how this compared to others but we have 2 adults & 2 children (14 & 12) plus one adult that eats out and buys his own food a fair bit.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure