IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Court hearing - Gladstones Solicitors - P4Parking

Options

Comments

• Nameless
    Nameless Posts: 107 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does this not relate to an existing thread? WIth only 35 posts I bet it does
    IF it does, PM a BOARD GUIDE and ask them NICELY to merge your threads, as you cannot just start a new one.

Have you sent YOUR WS and Evidence in? Yes or No.

This is a new case - It is not related to any other thread - I followed all the previous info here to fight the PCN till this court stage. And opened this new thread as I have no knowledge beyond this.

I have not sent anything in since I've received their witness statement.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options

OK, you did not answer C-M qwuestion

You KNOW because post 2 of the newbies thread tells you this, that YOU are required to send in a WS and other evidence

Usually this is at the same time the claimant sends you their info

So, when is the hearing?
    When is your deadline for sending in documetns? You MUST know if, because you carefully read teh important court lettter telling you of the hearing date, because NOT carefuly reading a court document would be a foolish thing to do.
  • Nameless
    Nameless Posts: 107 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

OK, you did not answer C-M qwuestion

You KNOW because post 2 of the newbies thread tells you this, that YOU are required to send in a WS and other evidence

Usually this is at the same time the claimant sends you their info

So, when is the hearing?
    When is your deadline for sending in documetns? You MUST know if, because you carefully read teh important court lettter telling you of the hearing date, because NOT carefuly reading a court document would be a foolish thing to do.

Ive done something silly and Ive misplaced my documents. I know im gna get an earful. I am looking for it - the hearing date was in February. I cant access my claim online as moneyclaim.gov have moved over from gateway and my claim details cannot be found on moneyclaim.gov.uk :(

Any idea how I can get my court docs sent to me again?
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,394 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Nameless wrote: »
    Any idea how I can get my court docs sent to me again?
    Phone the court and ask them???
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    MCOL will not help. Their involvement ends when it is transfferd to your local court
    I hope you know where you asked it to be sent, or remember where you were TOLD

And yes, an earful
    When you get a COURT DOC you cannot then lose it! You could also have been prudent and *set a calendar entry* for the critical dates - hearing and exchange of documents.

You better hope it is AT LEAST two weeks away, othewise you are DEFINITELY in breach of the order. IF you are, then you need to rectifiy it ASAP. Yo uhave already wasted ANOTHER day, as the court will be closed, so you msut call OR WALK IN tomorrow morning, without fail.

If you are in breach, then get it sorted before the end of the week - not kidding, do it. Get it done. Attach a note apologising for the delay and ask that the court accepts the late WS and bundle, as it gives no disadvantage to the claimant.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    The whole industry is a scam, relying on threats of court, and the public's ignorance of the Law, A bill is currently before parliament which will regulate the scammers, many of whom are ex-clampers.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of alleged contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors. Is has been suggested by an MP that some of these companies may have connections to organised crime.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, (especially Smart}, and others have already been named and shamed in the House of Commons as have Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each week), hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned. They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

The problem has become so widespread that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers.

Sir Greg Knight's Private Members Bill to curb the excesses, and perhaps close down, some of these companies passed its Second Reading in the Lords this month, and, with a fair wind, will l become Law later this year..

All three readings are available to watch on the internet, (some 6-7 hours), and published in Hansard. MPs have an extremely low opinion of the industry. Many are complaining that they are becoming overwhelmed by complaints from members of the public. Add to their burden, complain in the most robust terms about the scammers.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    as mentioned above, this matter has been concluded at MCOL (CCBC in Northampton) months ago and gone to your local court (the one you nominated in your DQ paper, weeks or months ago)

the CCBC have no involvement, all they ahve done is redirect it to your local county court

so you contact your local county court and see if they can email you a copy, or at least tell you the critical dates and times

and get the WS and exhibits in asap, especially if you are in breach of the court order by the judge

I cannot believe why people in this modern world cannot just take pics on their mobile phone of stuff like this, and please dont tell us that you do not have a mobile phone with a camera on it
  • The_Deep
    Options
    The amount of £100 is in far smaller type than it should be imo

The T&C are horrendously long, more suitable for commissioning a nuclear power station than parking a car,

Ellio v Loake is a dead parrot

They will surely crash and burn if they are daft enough to take this to court.
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    Theyve already taken this to court.
  • The_Deep
    edited 24 January 2019 at 5:42PM
    Options
    I must have missed it, where does it say that? What was the result?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure