What small DFW things will you do w/c 14th January 2019?

Options

Comments

• ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,078 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    foxgloves wrote: »
    You're welcome, Ziggy. I like the Ruth Galloway series. I know that area quite well, as it's where we go camping. I'm just starting a nice thick Swedish crime one - 'Crow girl' - a charity shop find & in perfect condition. Love the Oxfam bookshop x

We love Norfolk too and have spent many happy holidays there.
    Ooh you'll have to let me know how you find it, I have just had a look on my bookcase as the name seemed familiar and it's there - so when I've finished this stash I'll be getting that one down - it appears it was a comp win.
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 32/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• carrielovesfanta
    Options
    Hi folks

Big hugs to all xx

Late check in on phone. Refuse to pay for extra internet. Resets on 20th

Made a huge batch of marmelade. Will last approx 2 yrs including a couple of gift jars for in laws. Looks lile a good set this year. It didn't really last year.

Been working on sock amd cushion cover.

Late gym session

Drinking whisky won in raffle :D

Avoided food spends by turning spag bol into huge batch of chilli by adding various bits

Clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

Not the most ambitious list today as we're all a bit tired and have some further sorting outside to do. So in addition to that I will:

Laundry on airer/radiators
    Meals from stores
    Check banking
    Take a bag of returns back to a shop
    Watch a film on tv with smalls tonight, no paying extra for it
    DH and I both some form of exercise. I did manage a run yesterday which was good :T
    Meal plan for next week, using what we have I don't intend to shop if I can help it
    Try and crack on with homework to give us a freeer day tomorrow

Have a good day folks. Purps.
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    Morning everyone

Not a lot going on here at the minute.

I have been on a decluttering mission for a tip run-hoping to get that done this morning
    Popping out to do a few other things aswell this morning including picking up cat food tins from Tesc@s.
    I was shopping at M@rrisons the other day and thought it would be better to get everything from Morris@ns rather than travelling half way across town to only get the cat food tins from Tesc@s.
    Found they had put the price of the tins up that the cats like by 75p in Morris@ns but no price hike in Tesc@ so will continue to get the tins from Tesc@ in future and I get their sachets from Amaz@n-have had some cracking deals.
    Have decided the cats eat better than I do!

Have dealt with some frogs this week, hoping to deal with another this weekend.
    Banking all checked and up to date-everything good.
    Quidco checked-another missing claim logged

Going to get a leek and potato soup made today. Still have 29p potatoes left over from Christmas.

Hope everything goes well with the IVF Princess Pea
    Foxgloves can u recommend good scandi crime novels to get me started please? I do like a good crime novel but have not read any scandi crime
    Bailey B I log everything into my spends book and break down everything from pet, presents, food out, spends on me, I break down misc into charity donations, food for starving student etc. I then do a month end, it's nice to compare month on month.

I also track all present spends and savings made-Christmas and birthday. I stick to a strict £500 budget for each so once the budget is gone its gone. I'm a savvy bargain hunter and like more bang for my buck. I'm always ahead with presents as I never know when I'm going to end up in hospital so like to be prepared.

CLF I would be very happy if I won a bottle of whisky in a raffle, even though I cant drink bec of my meds, but what a cracking win :)

Off to seize the day. Have a good day everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • Baileys_Babe
    Options
    Morning all, nothing wrong, I'm just not feeling the love today. The day improved, my parents suggested playing rummikub, we taught dd, Who enjoyed herself. We sat in front of the fire drinking coffee or cocoa depending on your preference. It was a relaxed couple of hours, afterwards I then felt ready to get on with the day

Today's plans
    Find last few library books that are hidden about the place turning into a frog
    Return library loans nope
    Check bank accounts yes done, we had received £100 cashback for taking out our new mortgage deal which I wasn't expecting yet, I have used it as small mortgage overpayment
    Stick to meal plan done, used up bits and pieces from the fridge and freezer, including some veg that was at the stage of either, use or freeze
    PAD done
    Enter a few competitions done
    Home educate children for free done
    Record spends in diary NSD, nothing to record :j
    Check credit card to check refunds have come through, we are due over £600 all but 1 received, we will continue to check for this
    Make bread done
    All food and drink from stores done

Thank you to those that shared how you monitor and record their spending, keep your methods coming it will inspire others to either duplicate or to adjust it to better fit their circumstances & also I'm curious. Thank you, for continuing to share how you keep an eye on your spending
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • Baileys_Babe
    Options
    Morning all

Today's plans
    Find last few library books that are hidden about the place
    Wash hair and let it dry naturally
    Stick to meal plan
    PAD
    Enter a few competitions
    Home educate children for free
    Record spends in diary
    Check credit card for refund
    Soak porridge for us
    Soak a different batch for children, they are having raisins and seeds in theirs
    Make naan
    Make bread
    All food and drink from stores
    Turn off lights and appliances not in use

I forgot to mention earlier, yesterday I signed up to the correctly delivered survey, starting early February. I very pleased about this as I have kept missing the invitations.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 19 January 2019 at 4:21PM
    Options
    Hi January Joy-Seekers,

Morning!:coffee: Not in work today.

Debt-Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Four:

* Check online banking. Done.

* Dinner is homemade curry which can be prepped soon and eaten when we get in tonight. This will keep me away from the takeaway. Curry sauce is defrosted homemade spicy butternut soup.

* Continue my Challenge 500 miles challenge to travel 500 miles for free before the end of 2019: walking, hiking, climbing, cycling, running and swimming. Will walk. Walked 0.5km around local SSSI site with DW who was bird-watching.

* Take own drinks to see my team play ice-hockey game tonight. DW got me tickets for my impending birthday. :D

“Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end.”
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,078 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good Afternoon All

Still plodding on , very dark and dreary here which is not helping the mood in the house. Today

Check Bank & made PAD - Done
    Shopping with list - Done
    Upload receipt to COS/Shoppix - Done
    Swagbucks
    Check TCB (easy game available) - Done
    Purge a few emails -
    Enter a few comps -
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer
    Check: Lucky Bob, FPL, WinaDinner
    Read book

Have a great weekend!

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 32/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,138 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello Saturday Pence Savers,
    Quite a gentle day today. Frugal bits are:
    *Back to Al*i for this week's grocery shopping. Am convinced we got more for our money.
    *This year's seville oranges bought from local market - 1kg for £1.50. As I have plenty of sugar in stock, this will be a really cheap batch of marmalade.
    *Use-it-up avocado for lunch (on toast).
    *Mix up a sourdough loaf ready to bake tomorrow morning.
    *Finish jumper. This will defo be completed today.
    *Update dfw diary.
    *Look at car websites - a bit complicated but we have refused to take our car back after a very serious fault & have negotiated a replacement.
    *Think about next knitting project (from stash).
    *New hot water bottle purchased for princely sum of £2.99. Ours sprung a leak & I've missed tucking up with it behind my back on these cold afternoons.
    HappyKitties - Re a scandi-crime series to start you off.....maybe try Camilla Lackberg's novels? I enjoyed those.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • merida88
    merida88 Posts: 116 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone :D

Update from yesterday:
    - bike to work AM - done
    - make list and do small shop for weekend eating – stick to list - done
    - quiet night in with OH and some telly :Ddone, was lovely

Today's mini-list:
    - book film tickets, going later on when parking is free
    - sort out dog meeting neighbour's dog